Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Hi ladies
Now Mels stopped sticking pins in me things are maybe looking better :8855:

Theres hardly any damage to the ceiling and we called a plumber out and it was a waste of time and money as its not a leak its the shower running water behind the tiles so our bathroom needs retiling not a bad result as its needed that for about 3 years and we just havent got round to doing it this has now made us look at doing it . :) Not sure yet wether we'll do it ourselves or get someone in but its all good in the end thank you Rosie for you good luck mountain I think it worked and thank you everyone for the good luck vibes and wishes all very much appreciated at a very testing time for us. ;)

Weather has been crap here as I'm sure it has for most of you too. :(

I did manage my walk nearly dry on saturday it had a couple of short sharp showers but on the whole really good we walked round the lake at windsor great park last time we did it , it took us 2hrs this time it only took us 1 1/2 hrs so we were really pleased with that . :)

I went clothes shopping again yesterday as I needed some clothes to wear now as everything I've bought so far is for my holiday .
Things are getting much too big now and I have found the clothes I'm buying in 18s and 20s make me look much slimmer than the clothes that are hanging off me . :)
My Dad now calls me 'slim' which although with over 6 stone still to lose I'm far from slim I have to admit I quite like that nickname its beats fatty I suppose :8855:not that hes ever called me that but I know he was very disappointed with me when I put on all that weight. :eek:

Have a nice day everyone. :)

How exciting with all your new clothes Pooks! And its awesome that you have shaved a whole 30 minutes from your walk!!

With regards to the shower, if its all wet already behind the shower it might be worth getting someone in so you dont get mould etc growing behind the shower inside the wall. The spores from mould can be a big health hazard!

I hope you are having a good monday so far! I am currently in an English lesson... hehe whoops!!

Take care xx

Pookie 1999 said:
Hi ladies
Now Mels stopped sticking pins in me things are maybe looking better :8855:

image-2271513925.jpg

The pins are out! But the "Mr Grey" is on! Mr Pooks is gonna be having some fun!

Pookie 1999 said:
Theres hardly any damage to the ceiling and we called a plumber out and it was a waste of time and money as its not a leak its the shower running water behind the tiles so our bathroom needs retiling not a bad result as its needed that for about 3 years and we just havent got round to doing it this has now made us look at doing it . :) Not sure yet wether we'll do it ourselves or get someone in but its all good in the end thank you Rosie for you good luck mountain I think it worked and thank you everyone for the good luck vibes and wishes all very much appreciated at a very testing time for us. ;)

That is what is wrong in our family bath. The wall needs redoing. I'm going to make calls for quotes and get it done. (It may take bullying the owner - I hope not. )

Congrats on the long walk and smaller clothes. Your dad sounds lovely.

I hope you have a fab day, too!!!

Glass things seem a bit brighter pooks. Nothing worse than when it seems the whole world is against you.

Walk sounds lovely, well done for getting the time down!

Have a great day honey xxx

Oooh I have some more exiting news well exiting to me anyway
I finally got back into my wedding dress yesterday and it did up much easier than it did when I got married so I am now the same size I was in 1990 :clap:
I am trying to get my hubby to renew our vowels when I have lost all my weight as it is our 25th wedding anniversary in 3 yrs time and I'd like to wear a slim fitting dress also my ring is already getting too big and it wont be the same unless a new one has been put on my finger in a ceremony.
At the moment hes not keen he hates dressing up for anything but Pookie thinks she'll just have to use her methods of persuation ;) sorry cant spell for toffee ha ha

Afternoon Pookie, how fantastic is that getting into your wedding dress again? :woohoo: I couldn't get in my wedding dress from the first time round as it would be far too small and tbh don't think I've actually kept it........have no daughters to pass it on to, but my dress from 8 years ago is now too big, but then I was almost 2 stone heavier then!!! I'm glad that the water issue is not too bad and that your ceiling has recovered, water can do terrible damage as seems to seep in everywhere :sigh: Hopefully with all the positive vibes sent your way the your run of disasters is now at an end :):)

Congratulations pooks, very exciting! You must feel fab?

Deffo persuade him to renew your vows. The crazy gang can sit at the back and giggle like school girls! X

Hi Pookie -
I wanted to Renew out vows for our 20th and my DH refused. He said, "That's like saying it didn't take the first time.".
Dressing up isn't an issue - we've been to balls - being the centre of attention is, though. We had our 25th and he owes me a cruise.
I'll need to book it soon as I'm losing my Childcare when our grown son moves back to the States. I don't see it being logistically possible ATM so I may not collect ant time soon. Sigh.

Congrats on getting back into your wedding dress. Mine is a UK size 4, so that's not gonna happen. I'd look like death at that weight now. I got down to 9 stone in 2009 and people thought I had some illness.

well done honey and so pleased the shower isn't a major payout!

hey, i'm NOT sitting at the back at the renewal...i want front row seats, alongside all my shrinking lovlies :)

my first wedding dress was binned..a bit over dramatic i suppose, but it made me feel better..and neither of my daughters would have cherished the idea of wearing an 80's style meringue nowadays!!!

Still got my lovely 2nd one in the attic and the red velvet cloak, and the shoes..AND the bridal underwear!....aah memories ;)

hope to get back for a chat later, mel's 'pics' have got me hot and bothered, i need to go calm down..tee hee x

Last edited:
Well done Pooks on the water damage and the dress fitting. Would hubby go for a vowel renewal on an exotic beach somewhere, just you and him?

Congratulations pooks, very exciting! You must feel fab?

Deffo persuade him to renew your vows. The crazy gang can sit at the back and giggle like school girls! X

Saw Rosie in the corridor, already practising for matron of honour duties Squeezy :8855:

RainbowRose said:
.oh yes, a beach renewal!..just you, hubby...and all of us..it will be lovely!!! :)

image-3212353010.jpg

Then you'll have to learn to swim. Pooks wants to hold the beach ceremony at high tide on the full moon! ;)

You crazy lot are just too funny :8855:

Did Aqua and swimming yesterday I am managing to swim solid for an hour and a half after Aqua now I could do longer I think but unfortunately they do close at 10pm but I feel I must be getting pretty damn fit now even if I am still a fat porker. :8855:

Tonight I might tackle a Zumba session after work as I've only done one this week and it makes me sweat like hell

Went holiday clothes shopping for little one yesterday in Asda kept seeing bits for £6 , £5, £8 so kept putting them in the trolley when I got to the checkout they come to £98 :eek: I nearly fell through the floor shes only 3 how can it cost that to dress a 3 yr old :giggle: there was quite a lot there though.

I have now discovered I can shop in Dorothy Perkins now too I went into fitting room armed with a load of 20's thinking they would be on the stingey side but they were all too big so out I went swapping them all for 18's what a good feeling that was :)

Pookie 1999 said:
You crazy lot are just too funny :8855:

Did Aqua and swimming yesterday I am managing to swim solid for an hour and a half after Aqua now I could do longer I think but unfortunately they do close at 10pm but I feel I must be getting pretty damn fit now even if I am still a fat porker. :8855:

Tonight I might tackle a Zumba session after work as I've only done one this week and it makes me sweat like hell

Went holiday clothes shopping for little one yesterday in Asda kept seeing bits for £6 , £5, £8 so kept putting them in the trolley when I got to the checkout they come to £98 :eek: I nearly fell through the floor shes only 3 how can it cost that to dress a 3 yr old :giggle: there was quite a lot there though.

I have now discovered I can shop in Dorothy Perkins now too I went into fitting room armed with a load of 20's thinking they would be on the stingey side but they were all too big so out I went swapping them all for 18's what a good feeling that was :)

Fabulous. Great NSV overestimating your size!!! I swear kids' clothes cost more because those time seams are a B!tch to sew.

They're supposed to cost less Mel as they are VAT exempt unless they have changed the rules again.

Well done on the 18's Pooks.
:D

They haven't to the best of my knowledge... I making a joke. But it does annoy me that a pair of jeans of my UK size 4 DD costs as much as those using a lot more material, but I do think it is the labor costs. I found sewing doll clothes a lot more work that larger items: so fiddly and I'd burn myself trying to press the seams open!

:woohoo: to the next size down especially when you thought the 20s would be tight, what a fantastic boost that must have given you :) :)

Back