Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

I know Tranqs, you are right...just seemed to give me a kickstart a long time ago,when i really needed it.. and i'd probably be too embarrased to ask for them again at the docs, as i gave up on them years ago, despite losing weight..head wasn't in the right place and all that! xenical thread?..i doubt i'd be allowed in tranqs..with my reputation? tee hee

Hope you've had a good night Pookie, i might dust off my zumba dvd's tomorrow!!!!..eeek ;)

Morning Pookie, feeling up to your zumbaing today? Whatever you do though that weight is only going down!

Morning Pooks -

I hope your weekend has started well. I have a wii Zumba thing and it's good.

Hi everyone
Yes Zumbered yesterday for 50 mins and going to do another one today not walking today weather is crap and my friends away but will try and walk tomorrow with hubby and little one :)
Your right Tranqs xenical is long term manufacturer cant supply at the moment so Rose cant have it anyway ha ha we'll keep her off those damn pills if it kills us ;)

Rosie you DONT need pills YOU CAN DO THIS :) everyone goes through plateaus at times its part and parcel of the weight loss journey unfortunately :( it will start shifting again soon you'll see try doing something different like the zumba as you havent done it for a while
I read it quite a few places that your body gets used to what your doing and it slows everything down just google weight loss plateaus and you get loads of info on it. They also suggest you try varying what you eat so eat less than you would one day and more than you would the next as this doesnt give your metabolism the chance to settle at any particular point It confuses the body into thinking your not on a diet. Anyway we are both struggling a bit at the moment but we can get through this as long as we stick with it we can do it together Rosie ..

Oooooh look at me giving the diet Queen advice Please dont dont have my head chopped off oh great one :8855:

Have a good day ladies

Well done on the loss Pooks and don't worry about Mel and her dolls; the karma lords have gathered and are considering if action needs to be taken ;)

Rosie not eating any fat can be very bad for you, we need the good fats. Not a big fan of Xenical or any weight loss meds to be honest. Only do meds when it is absolutely essential myself. Plus if you hop over the Xenical thread there seems to be a supply shortage most of the time lately.

Pooks do you do any exercise with weights? That type of exercise is supposed to be the best for burning off the fat.
Don't get disheartened just keep on with what you're doing you'll probably get a huge loss one of the weeks to make up for all the small ones.

Tranqs I have got hand weights also wrist and ankle weights but I havent a clue what to do with them I am always reading that you should do strength training to help build muscle as it burns more fat and you need to build it to replace what you burn through dieting but I havent got a clue what strength training is I think it has something to do with weights but not sure can anyone shed some light on it all.

morning oh wise one!!! :)

yep, you are right, i've got to start confusing my body methinks..well its a good match for my confused mind! ha ha

I will google as you say, i was just feeling a bit fed up, ive been at this a long time, and i know ive lost more than i could ever imagine..its just getting the next shed load of weight off that was getting to me..i know a lb a week is fine, i just felt the past few days, i want lots and lots of lbs off :)..and wake up one morning next week and weigh 10 stone!!!..little miss impatient..i'll calm down now, well if i know how to!!! tee hee

haven't got the zumba dvds out yet, so well done you, you put me to shame..but i do plan to move my sylph like body a lot over the weekend ha ha

enjoy your day Pookie..onwards and onwards and onwards.....and downwards in style!!! :) x

Morning Pooks!

The strength training can use your body as resistance or weights. As a woman you dont need to fret about getting big muscles as its not natural for us to get body builderesque! hehe

Things like push ups, sit ups, tricep dips etc build muscle as does simply lying face down on the floor and getting up several times. The bigger you are the more of a work out this is. Ten of these makes me out of breath quickly! The biggest muscle on your body is your bum so toning that will burn lots of calories whilst at rest. Cardio is really important for fitness but building muscle will help get rid of fat whilst you are not working out. There are loads of ideas online of exercises you can do or the 30day shred is brill for toning up... I started it and it was hard but i had to stop. i will be back on it soon! It also just used the weights you have already got so you dont need to buy loads of new things.

I hope that helps?

Have a lovely day xxx

Hi pooks.

Im a big fan of resistance/strength training. It does seem to initially slow down your losses but if you measure you will.see some great results. Then after a while the weight drops off too. It's great for changing your body shape and doesn't have to be difficult at all. It also burns more calories than cardiovascular because your muscles continue to burn long after you finish your workout. All in all a bloody fantastic addition to your exercise regime. If you look on YouTube there are some great 10 min videos.

Well done for doing the zumba. Xxx

Hope your having a fab weekend hun x

Great responses Re: Xenical and strength training.

I see Xenical as something antabuse (which alcoholics take because it makes them deathly ill if they consume alcohol). Nothing like a little adversion therapy. NOT!

Rather than take chemicals RR why not try Rhodiola rosea?

Rhodiola rosea (also Golden Root, Rose Root, Roseroot, Aaron's Rod, Arctic root, King's Crown, Lignum Rhodium, Orpin Rose) is a plant in the Crassulaceae family that grows in cold regions of the world. These include much of the Arctic, the mountains of Central Asia, the Rocky Mountains, and mountainous parts of Europe, such as the Alps, Pyrenees, Carpathian Mountains, Scandinavia, Iceland, Great Britain and Ireland. The perennial plant grows in areas up to 2280 meters elevation. Several shoots grow from the same thick root. Shoots reaches 5 to 35 cm in height. Rhodiola rosea is dioecious - having separate female and male plants.

Rhodiola rosea may be effective for improving mood and alleviating depression. Pilot studies on human subjects[2][3][4] showed that it improves physical and mental performance, and may reduce fatigue.
Rhodiola rosea's effects are potentially mediated by changes in serotonin and dopamine levels due to monoamine oxidase inhibition and its influence on opioid peptides such as beta-endorphin,[5] although these specific neurochemical mechanisms have not been clearly documented with scientific studies.
Rhodiola is included among a class of plant derivatives called adaptogens which differ from chemical stimulants, such as nicotine, and do not have the same physiological effects.
In Russia and Scandinavia, Rhodiola rosea has been used for centuries to cope with the cold Siberian climate and stressful life.[6][citation needed] Such effects were provided with evidence in laboratory models of stress using the nematode C. elegans,[7] and in rats in which Rhodiola effectively prevented stress-induced changes in appetite, physical activity, weight gain and the estrus cycle.[8]

You can get it online or at Holland and Barratts.

Also, consider reading "The Skinny Rules" by Bob Harper. I've recently started trying to follw them and have lost four pounds in less than 10 days. I'm at my lowest 2012 weight and am a notoriously slow loser. it is a way of eating -- lifestyle changes - so, if I get the weight off this way, there is a very good chance it will stay off! BTW he advocates strength training and taking CLA to help build muscle, as you do strength train.

Pookie 1999 said:
Zumba session no.2 52 mins just completed we'll see if it was lack of Zumba that has hampered my weight loss the last 3 weeks ;)

I'm sure it hampered your getting in your quot of fun fitness!!!

thanks for the advice Mel, i'll be popping into Holland and Barratts next week, hubby never misses a visit there when we are on the mainland!

..and i won't mention the x word again ;)..well not that particular 'x' word! :)

RainbowRose said:
thanks for the advice Mel, i'll be popping into Holland and Barratts next week, hubby never misses a visit there when we are on the mainland!

..and i won't mention the x word again ;)..well not that particular 'x' word! :)

Get some Linwood's sprinkle stuff and add it to your porridge, smoothies, etc. It adds protein and fiber to your food.

Pookie 1999 said:
Thanks Jackie
I do that all the time my memory is like a sieve If I am like that at 45 I keep asking myself what will it be like at 75? :sigh:

They say you lose a little brain each time you have a child after having 5 I think mines all gone :8855:

The best thing about having Alzheimer's is that you forget you have it.

Happy Sunday, Pook-Meister!

Back