Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Oh dear washing pile still as big I'm afraid today seemed to go nowhere :eek:
My brother came round and once i sat down to chat that was it nothing got done much after that and I had spent most of lunchtime reading success stories on here what huge losses some people have managed its amazing :)
Right off to Aqua and swimming now but hopefully will make it back in time for the end of Tranqs party. ;)

I dont know all this exercise this week and the bloody scales have stayed the same :mad:

I think I need to wear the grumpy pants today I could of sat on my fat butt all week and stayed the same my only explination could be its totm due this sunday but I dont normally gain this far before I come on :(

I will be swimming again tonight as I'm off work this week that is enough exercise for today.

Got to go clean my MIL s flat this morning then I may have to get some of that washing done has really become a necessity now or we wont be able to get in the utility room and given that the fridge lives at the other end of it its not really a good idea to block it off :)

Have a good day everyone :)

Pookie 1999 said:
I dont know all this exercise this week and the bloody scales have stayed the same :mad:

I think I need to wear the grumpy pants today I could of sat on my fat butt all week and stayed the same my only explination could be its totm due this sunday but I dont normally gain this far before I come on :(

I will be swimming again tonight as I'm off work this week that is enough exercise for today.

Got to go clean my MIL s flat this morning then I may have to get some of that washing done has really become a necessity now or we wont be able to get in the utility room and given that the fridge lives at the other end of it its not really a good idea to block it off :)

Have a good day everyone :)

Morning Pookie --

Blocking off my fridge would help me lose weight. ;)

I've been listening to Jillian Michaels' podcasts and one I listened to yesterday (whilst traveling the A14) delta with exercise and weight loss.

Jill (were very close she said I could call her that) says - it is always calories in and calories BURNTZ. But too few calories in when doing a lot of fitness will actually cause your body to fight to hold on to weight because it thinks you're entering a time of famine. That you need to

A) to online and use a basal metabolic calculator.

(Note: my BMR is very low - I'm 50' , 5'4", am with 20 pounds of a BMI of 25, and have done a VLCD (which lowers your BMR by 15%). So, if I am not active - I can only have about 1300 calories a day without gaining weight!

B) track your calories Burnt (she really encourages using a heart rate monitor that counts calories, a BodyBugg, or a FitBit.

C) add in strength training - you need to build your muscle mass to increase the burn.

D) check your calories consumed (and, of course, up your protein - it should be 1/2 your weight in pounds -- which means I should be having 77 grams of protein a day).

E) your calories deficit: Calories In - (BMR + Fitness burn) should equal no more than -500.

She said any more than that you might actually reduce your BMR.

Now, this might seem like you'd lose "only" a pound a week - bug you could easily lose more because the metabolic boost from Ftiness carries in long after the fitness has been performed.

You are such a doll - helping out your MIL.

I have a mountain of laundry and ironing... Sigh.

I think I'll go to Aquafit, then deal with that and some of my other "to do" items.

image-1003508224.jpg

I'll have a Venti Soy Latte, please.

Mel is sprinkling her magic all over the diaries this morning. :)

Have a great day Pooks :) xx

Evening Pooks!

Pookie 1999 said:
Just had to laugh at that Mel you've given me a great start to my day thank you.

I settled for a Starbucks Venti Americano at Cambridge's Grand Arcade... Since you apparently don't deliver. ;)

Squeezyweezy said:
Mel is sprinkling her magic all over the diaries this morning. :)

Have a great day Pooks :) xx

Ahhhhhhh, you're sweet to say that!

Ok Ladies
I'm still around not much time to get on here today just a quick post
I have done my 4th Zumba session this week just 1 to go tomorrow as my target was 5 this week
I also had a target of swim 3 times and 1 Aqua class which i just have tonights swim to complete that this week.

Food not been too great as have eaten out twice so hope that will not be punished on the scales on Friday :rolleyes:
rest of the time I have been very good though :)

Evening Pookie, just catching up after being away :) :wow: to all the exercise you do in a week, make me feel decidedly lazy!!!!! I'm sure the scales will record a good loss this week after you STS of last week :):) x

Pookie 1999 said:
Ok Ladies
I'm still around not much time to get on here today just a quick post
I have done my 4th Zumba session this week just 1 to go tomorrow as my target was 5 this week
I also had a target of swim 3 times and 1 Aqua class which i just have tonights swim to complete that this week.

Food not been too great as have eaten out twice so hope that will not be punished on the scales on Friday :rolleyes:
rest of the time I have been very good though :)

Dawnejoy said:
Evening Pookie, just catching up after being away :) :wow: to all the exercise you do in a week, make me feel decidedly lazy!!!!! I'm sure the scales will record a good loss this week after you STS of last week :):) x

I got tired just reading Pook's post.

Pookie 1999 said:
Morning :wavey:
Have just done my last exercise for this week zumba for 50mins and we will see if tomorrow it makes any difference to the scales this week . ;)
It hasnt so far when I have got on the scales I have stayed the same but it is totm so that could be making a difference :(

And if your scales haven't budged... Don't be discouraged you have probably changed your muscle to fat ratio.

Morning Pooks!

You are such a business woman: first a coffe bar and now your own lip balm!

image-2732476926.jpg

image-2426691833.jpg

Pookie 1999 said:
Are you now saying I need a mental health diet thanks Mel ha ha

image-4022647243.jpg

Evening Pookie...............totm can be such a pain on the scales, but if you haven't gained then that will mean a good result when it has gone :) xxx

Afternoon Ladies

I dont know where the day has gone already

I lost a lb this week :( not very happy about that as I did so much exercise last week and food was good too I really dont know why my body is starting to work against me but I spent all day and night wallowing in self pitty and moaning and it wasnt until this morning that I realised theres nothing I can do about it so its a waste of time and energy moaning and wingeing so just decided to carry on as I am and hopefully it will decide to shift again soon :sigh:

As it wasnt the exercise that has slowed it down then I figure it must be the food so I need to be very careful with the food choices I make this week and monitor everything I put in my mouth no exceptions and you lot out there with dirty minds go wash them out with soap ha ha ;)( yes thats you Rose, Tranqs and Squeezy ) Either that or you need to put the shades of grey books away. ;)

Back