Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Hi Rosie
How pleased am I to see you back posting :bliss:

I hope you had a lovely break on the mainland you deserve it :)

Yes I am the same feeling really bloated and fat but just cant seem to gather the motivation to stay on plan for more than half a day I think its a combination of

1 . not just being able to pick up food and eat it whenever I want as I have been on holiday and the fact that two and a half weeks of eating anything and everything now I'm back on plan (well sort of ) I'm really hungry like I was at the beginning of my diet in Feb
2 . am still suffering from jet lag and having trouble turning around little one is up until 3 / 4 sometimes 5/6 in the morning then she'll sleep till lunchtime so whole cycle starts again so I am not on english body clock for eating yet
3 . Its cold and miserable and I'm in holiday anti climax mode.

It's a lot harder than I thought it would be to get back into it every day I start off determined to stick to it and it just goes out of the window later in the day I do need to buck my ideas up as being back in the 15's is nowhere near as bad as being in the 17's or 18's again and thats where I'll be if I'm not careful.

Anyway enough of my self pity its my own fault :(
Where did you go and what did you do on your little holiday hope you had fun :)

Half a day on plan is better than a whole day off plan Pooks. Just do the best you can when you can. If you're hungry eat; just remember to think about what you want rather than grabbing the first thing you see in the fridge/cupboard.

Hi hun, I won't say, it will be easy to get back on track...because it ain't!!!! :)..but when you are ready and when your mind is ready...that lightbulb will switch on and all of a sudden, you will 'feel' like it's time to gain control not weight :)..good luck, I gave in to one curry when away, beat myself up about it for all of 30 seconds, then assured myself, I had 'earned' it ahem!...

We had a VERY spur of the moment decision to go to Blackpool in the middle of last week, just for a wee mini break, a very mini break! ha ha...but we had fun, saw the illuminations..and I manged to walk past about 4000 burger bars, chip shops, hot dog stands etc :)

Have a good evening, and believe in yourself, if that darn bulb didn't light up today, there is always tomorrow, or the day after that! x

Last edited:
Evening Pooks!

Pookie 1999 said:
I'm a dispensing pharmacy asisstant Mel but I only work 2 days a week for 4 hours each so I am really lucky
I'm also lucky that I dont have to leave my little one in childcare as my hubby works shifts and works around mine so he looks after the children while I'm there I have been really fortunate that my husbands always earnt enough money to support us all so have never HAD to work the reason I went back to work at all was because of 9/11 when that happened the airline industry was struggling and he thought his overtime would dry up completely.

Instead of losing the good lifestyle we had I agreed to go back to work until the airlines recovered and his overtime picked up again .
As it was the overtime was back within 2 weeks but how could I leave a job I'd just started so we agreed I would do it until christmas then leave in Jan 2002 but then in the new year we bought a new car and I stayed to pay for that that was 11 years ago I started that job for a couple of months and I'm still there ha ha

I really admire women who hold down a full time job whilst raising a family I could never do it I have enough trouble keeping up with cleaning / laundry etc now mind you I do spend too much time on here now ha ha

I am impressed with your being able to manage all that! So, you're excellent seats and ecstasy luggage are due to your OH's job?

tranquility said:
lol Pooks I have trouble handling a full time job and a little flat with only me to look after. I think you're a miracle worker.

At least half of that gain will be water especially if you've had any alcohol. I can put on half a stone over-night if I have more than two alcoholic drinks in an evening. Champagne excluded of course :8855: can't be letting Rosie down on that front

Apostrophe issues on other threads were noted during my absence ;)

Half a stone off for you by Friday young lady.

Busted, Pooks! ;). Welcome back, Tranqs.

Pookie 1999 said:
Hi Tranqs am I glad to see you I thought everyone had abandoned me did you have a good holiday?

No unfortunately cant blame alcohol as I dont drink can only blame it on me being an oinking fat piglet :sigh:

But one who enjoyed her holiday.

RainbowRose said:
Hi hun, I won't say, it will be easy to get back on track...because it ain't!!!! :)..but when you are ready and when your mind is ready...that lightbulb will switch on and all of a sudden, you will 'feel' like it's time to gain control not weight :)..good luck, I gave in to one curry when away, beat myself up about it for all of 30 seconds, then assured myself, I had 'earned' it ahem!...

We had a VERY spur of the moment decision to go to Blackpool in the middle of last week, just for a wee mini break, a very mine break! ha ha...but we had fun, saw the illuminations..and I manged to walk past about 4000 burger bars, chip shops, hot dog stands etc :)

Have a good evening, and believe in yourself, if that darn bulb didn't light up today, there is always tomorrow, or the day after that! x

Super jealous, we were thinking about doing that, but it was difficult to book accommodations for DD's half-term.

Morning Pookie! (here anyway) -- the sun is stunning! Wish you were here.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Tranqs my friend :).....*fishes her dvd out of Pookie's bin and moves Tranqs empties into the recycling bin..tut tut...ooh guess what was in the bin ladies apart from Tranqs empties and my dancing dvd?????..ooh Pookie, you naughty girl ;)

*checks time and has a quick Jive with her Artem cardboard cut out! *sigh*

Morning lovely Pooks. Glad to hear the holiday was lovely, bet it was hard to come home! Don't fret about the gain my love, with your determination and all that exercise it will be gone in no time. You can do it and we're all behind you. :) xxx

Wish I could find that determination again Squeezy good to see you back by the way I'm too tired and cold to muster the enthusiasum to go swimming yet and cant be asked to do zumba but know I have to do something to stop me getting back to the 19 stones just am struggling big time at the moment I know I shouldnt be eating some things but why oh why does it not stop me putting them into my big fat chops :rolleyes:

Hi hun, you WON'T reach 19 stone again, I won't let you and neither will all your other friends! I've came to the conclusion recently, that a wee 'off track' session actually has benefits, because, ....when you straighten your halo and climb back onboard, a decent weight loss usually occurs the first week, and makes up for any 1lb or 1/2 a lb losses which you would lose in the 'missing' weeks?..now, that makes sense to me, if not anyone else!!! ha ha.....don't fret. don't panic...I wasn't a size 10 last christmas, I'm not going to be a size 10 this christmas either ;)...but I'm plodding on, and I just might reach a size 14 for christmas 2013...no pressure, no quick fixes..so come on. plod on with me..and see what happens in the meantime...WE WILL ALL BE CHRISTMAS CRACKERS THIS YEAR ANYWAY, WHETHER WE ARE 30 STONE, 20 STONE OR 10 STONE!!!!...and get your party dress ready for the minis christmas party 2012 or even my milestone party before christmas!!!..*can't believe I'm almost 21* hee hee..it will be a night to remember! x

Last edited:
Hi Pooks!

Just think about my dad and how so much of this "misery" is related to his weight and think about your lovely children and ask yourself -- if you want to do to your children what my father has done to his? I will go home not only determined to get my house and other "affairs" in order, but also to tend to my DH's and my fitness and health. I do not want my kids sitting in hospitals neglecting their own families because I did not take better care of myself. My father had hyper-mobile joints -- but his weight kept him from getting good treatment and led to missed diagnoses and his diabetes contributed to the hip becoming necrotic, etc. had he managed his weight, consumed a better diet and less alcohol, and did more fitness (the bad knees and hip prevented this -- but the weight contributed to those) I'd be visiting Disney World with my dad and kids -- not handing him a urinal in hospital.

Sorry to sound whingey, I'm not -- it is what it is -- but I am NOT doing this to my children.

I hope you have a good evening!

Hey lovely pooks! Just parked up at the college I'm havin a look round and I thought I'd catch up on what mischief is going on in your thread!

Do not worry about a holiday gain chick. With regards to the jet lag my parents didn't let me sleep outside of my usual sleeps times. My mum says she used to feel awful but within a day or two no jet lag at all. I used to swap time zones 14 - 16 times a year so I do promise it works! It's always worse heading east!!

Right best go find reception. Gulp!! Xx

I find it the other way round if I travel to a country thats ahead of us so travel eastwards if your looking at Britain then I'm fine in turning round its only in countries where the time goes backwards I have trouble with takes about 2 weeks normally but its more my little one shes having dreadful trouble and if you try to wake her up she is sooo ratty its not worth it I think it should happen eventually I hope

Hi hun, you WON'T reach 19 stone again, I won't let you and never will all your other friends! I've came to the conclusion recently, that a wee 'off track' session actually has benefits, because, ....when you straighten your halo and climb back onboard, a decent weight loss usually occurs the first week, and makes up for any 1lb or 1/2 a lb losses which you would lose in the 'missing' weeks?..now, that makes sense to me, if not anyone else!!! ha ha.....don't fret. don't panic...I wasn't a size 10 last christmas, I'm not going to be a size 10 this christmas either ;)...but I'm plodding on, and I just might reach a size 14 for christmas 2013...no pressure, no quick fixes..so come on. plod on with me..and see what happens in the meantime...WE WILL ALL BE CHRISTMAS CRACKERS THIS YEAR ANYWAY, WHETHER WE ARE 30 STONE, 20 STONE OR 10 STONE!!!!...and get your party dress ready for the minis christmas party 2012 or even my milestone party before christmas!!!..*can't believe I'm almost 21* hee hee..it will be a night to remember! x

Couldn't have put it better myself Rose. YOU WILL NOT REACH 19 STONES AGAIN!!!! xxxx

Pookie 1999 said:
I find it the other way round if I travel to a country thats ahead of us so travel eastwards if your looking at Britain then I'm fine in turning round its only in countries where the time goes backwards I have trouble with takes about 2 weeks normally but its more my little one shes having dreadful trouble and if you try to wake her up she is sooo ratty its not worth it I think it should happen eventually I hope

For every hour you travel east it takes a day for your body to adjust. Unless you take melatonin and reset your body clock. It totally works. My sister articulated in the Danish government's research with pilots and aircrews. I'm sure your DH knows all about it. Can you try that? 1/2 or 1/4 a tablet for your little one.

I haven't got a clue how but with all I eaten and no exercise what so ever ( in fact no housework even house is a tip everything has slipped because I'm so tired ) so absolutely no activity even , I have still lost 1 lb I really have to try and get back on it this week and I decided tomorrow is the day because I'm out for dinner today and still have naughty things in the house which need finishing up before I start

So wish me luck with this week Ladies I'm gonna need it as well as sheer determination and willpower ;)

Pookie 1999 said:
I haven't got a clue how but with all I eaten and no exercise what so ever ( in fact no housework even house is a tip everything has slipped because I'm so tired ) so absolutely no activity even , I have still lost 1 lb I really have to try and get back on it this week and I decided tomorrow is the day because I'm out for dinner today and still have naughty things in the house which need finishing up before I start

So wish me luck with this week Ladies I'm gonna need it as well as sheer determination and willpower ;)

Luck wished -- but you can do this. Pick the day and get started! ;). Get your fitness friend on board and post your pan and progress here. As far as the house goes... Baby steps - do the FlyLady clean your sink and keep it cleared, laundry done in between spending 15 minutes in each room with a timer tackle the worse issues. Give your bathrooms a quick swish and swipe, etc. then when you've gotten a little control back - start cleaning as you would focusing on one area at a time not greeting into it too intensely until you feel you can. Also, get some of those kids to pitch in -- you're a Family (a team).

(((((HUGS)))))

Well done on losing a lb Pooks :)..an unexpected loss is even better!

Ease yourself into everything..then get that determined look on your face and go for it hun. I am sure like us all, we want to enjoy some naughty treats at Christmas..food-wise of course..ahem!..so tell yourself you have got to earn them in the coming weeks :)

If its too cold for swimming, then try zumba'ing again hun, it worked before for you and will again..I believe in you, you can and will do this ;) x

Back