Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Hi Pookie,

Just popping in to say, "Hi!"

Thank you for your kind words ladies

The funeral was the hardest that was last Wednesday now we just have to pick ourselves up and get on with it , my Dad would always say when anyone died that life goes on its no good being sad you cant bring them back you just have to remember the good and the happy times.

I still cant quite believe I will never see him again.

Anyway enough with the sad stuff I am now in panic mode we have 18 days till Christmas and I have hardly any presents yet the decorations are only half way through the tree is up but its bare apart from its lights I really am up against it this year and to top it all I have another stinking cold I have only just got rid of the last one.

We went to see 8 out of 10 cats and Alan Carr chatty man last week and last Friday me and my hubby were on the telly in the audience that's my few seconds of fame ha ha.

Hope everyones ok haven't had a chance to catch up yet but I notice theres not too much activity on here at the moment you must all be mega busy with no time for minis

We are off on our yearly trip up to London to see the lights this week so am looking forward to that . We always start at Harrods then take a bus to Oxford/Regents street and walk down there as you cant drive down there now like you used to be able to its buses only now.

Right I better get on with those damn Christmas decs or I'll still be putting them up at new year.

Have a good day Ladies :)

Lovely to see you back on here hun x I haven't been on here as often as I should be. I am struggling to get into the xmas spirit this year, I don't know why? It is just not happening :(..anyway, I am as disorganised as ever, so nothing new there :)

Remember the happy times hun and one day soon you will be able to smile at the memories..take care x

Ooh, look at you..finding fame on the telly! ;)

(((((HUGS)))))

Thank you for your kind words ladies

The funeral was the hardest that was last Wednesday now we just have to pick ourselves up and get on with it , my Dad would always say when anyone died that life goes on its no good being sad you cant bring them back you just have to remember the good and the happy times.

I still cant quite believe I will never see him again.

Anyway enough with the sad stuff I am now in panic mode we have 18 days till Christmas and I have hardly any presents yet the decorations are only half way through the tree is up but its bare apart from its lights I really am up against it this year and to top it all I have another stinking cold I have only just got rid of the last one.

We went to see 8 out of 10 cats and Alan Carr chatty man last week and last Friday me and my hubby were on the telly in the audience that's my few seconds of fame ha ha.

Hope everyones ok haven't had a chance to catch up yet but I notice theres not too much activity on here at the moment you must all be mega busy with no time for minis

We are off on our yearly trip up to London to see the lights this week so am looking forward to that . We always start at Harrods then take a bus to Oxford/Regents street and walk down there as you cant drive down there now like you used to be able to its buses only now.

Right I better get on with those damn Christmas decs or I'll still be putting them up at new year.

Have a good day Ladies :)

Prioritize and use the Internet. I've online shopped for quite a few things.

Lovely to see you back on here hun x I haven't been on here as often as I should be. I am struggling to get into the xmas spirit this year, I don't know why? It is just not happening :(..anyway, I am as disorganised as ever, so nothing new there :)

Remember the happy times hun and one day soon you will be able to smile at the memories..take care x

Ooh, look at you..finding fame on the telly! ;)

You two aren't the only ones... I'm behind the power curve. I'm just doing what I can.

Hey Pooks just want to send you a huge :bighug:

Hope you get in the Christmas spirit soon my lovely, maybe once the decorations are up and you have a few more pressies bought you'll feel better. Less panicked and stressed.

I know you pop on for a wee read, so just want to wish you and yours a Happy Christmas, a peaceful and tranquil New Year.

Enjoy making some memories with grandaughter and remembering fond memories of Christmasses gone by too x

Hope to see you on here more often in 2014 hun x

Same from me to pooks. Have a wonderful Christmas with your new granddaughter and a happy 2014. Xxx

Happy Christmas and I'm wishing you a wonderful 2014.

Thank you for the Christmas wishes Ladies ,

Rosie I am fine thank you just been really busy, I kind of had trouble getting into Christmas this year and didn't start shopping until after my dads funeral so I have done really well to get as far as I have as quick as I have and in fact I am indeed all done which is an absolute first for me but I think I have just kept really busy to keep my mind off things.

Its a good feeling to know I am all done except for my food shop which I will do Monday .

I am reading when I sit down for breakfast or lunch but haven't posted much that has to change after Christmas and I have to get back into *do I dare say the dirty word on here ha ha* dieting and exercise.

So I wish you all a Merry Christmas and lets hope 2014 is better than this year for some of us.

Have a good time ladies

Love Pooks x x

Happy 2014!

Wow that's amazing - good luck with your weight loss - hope you lose all you'd like to for your holiday!

Hi Ladies just a quick catch up

It hasn't been the greatest start to 2014 I have to admit . I have not been well since Christmas Eve I started to feel fluie then but wasn't too bad went to work Christmas Eve then wasn't too bad Christmas Day but felt a bit rough then Boxing Day I started to feel quite unwell but as we had a houseful I managed to see it through after that I spent a few days in bed which with 5 kids I never do but I was so unwell . I don't think I have ever felt that bad before.

i dragged myself to work New Year's Eve because I knew there was no way they'd get cover for that although I wasn't much use to them at least I was there and did what I could.
After that I went downhill fast , I had had normal flu like symptoms but also a lot of dizziness and by the 5th I had a huge lump in the side of my neck and two in the base of my throat I could hardly swallow as I said before because I didn't eat for days it's the first Christmas ever I have actually lost weight ha ha . I had infected sinuses and a chest infection which I had antibiotics for so that cleared them.
I lost just over a stone in a week and a half .
I decided this had been going on too long now so went to see the doctor. She confirmed it was a virus and that I had the hugest lymph node / gland (can't remember which) that she had ever seen which was the lump in the neck and all my glands were up, so my body was definitely fighting its hardest to get over whatever it was , that was the Monday by the Friday I had developed a sharp pain in the shoulder when breathing in so back to the doctors she thought I had a blood clot on the lung so sent me to the hospital. My blood tests there were showing positive for a blood clot so they did a ct scan this resulted in the good news that I didn't have a blood clot but I do have an enlarged liver so am now undergoing lots of tests for this.
I am still poorly I still have a lot of dizziness and blurred vision and generally still feel very unwell I have been signed off work now since the 2nd January and am getting really fed up I just want to be well again. I have spent more time at the doctors in the last two weeks than I have in the last ten years.

On a brighter note mini Pooks is doing really well she has really filled out and has lost her newborn look and is starting to get her personality she is just beautiful . She is a really good baby so my daughter is very lucky.

I have been reading in your diaries when I could concentrate for a few minutes but my head gets very fuzzy so I can't concentrate for very long.

I do intend to get back to weight loss soon at the moment I'm merrily putting back on the weight I lost as I am now able to eat again ( shame ) due to antibiotics getting rid of lumps in throat.

My little one has now got this and has spent the last 4 days in bed totally unlike her . I can't believe it took her this long to catch it but she is running a temp of 40/41.5 at times so she's feeling very poorly mind you she's running me ragged she's certainly making the most of it.

Other than that nothing much happening in Pookie world my god what a huge post sorry :eek: And I said a quick catch up ha ha.

Awwww Pooks! Bless.

I was hoping read that you'd all gone off on holiday with your mountain of luggage and bus load of family. (((((HUGS)))))

I was very cheered to read about Mini-Pooks and feel your daughter was earned a good baby with all she went through during her pregnancy and in the early days.

How good of you to struggle into work on New Years' Eve.

I hope you heal fast. Do they have any idea of what it is? Are you sure your L.O. has the same illness? I hope not, it sounds dreadful.

Work on getting well and maybe you and Rose can encourage each other back on the bandwagon.

Just come back from the doctors and I have another chest infection.

Oh Mel a holiday I wish

I have another course of antibiotics so hopefully that will sort me out I do hope so I am so fed up with being stuck in and being poorly, I'm starting to realise a little of what poor old Squeezy was going through last year it must of been hell for her poor thing.

I do hope both Rosie and I can manage to get it back this year it will be good to catch up with her I have missed her fun and humour :)

Afternoon!

Just come back from the doctors and I have another chest infection.

Oh Mel a holiday I wish

I have another course of antibiotics so hopefully that will sort me out I do hope so I am so fed up with being stuck in and being poorly, I'm starting to realise a little of what poor old Squeezy was going through last year it must of been hell for her poor thing.

I do hope both Rosie and I can manage to get it back this year it will be good to catch up with her I have missed her fun and humour :)

Not great --they're not giving you string enough dose or a long enough treatment, if it's reoccurring. Hopefully, the doctor has upped the treatment.

You and RR will get your groove back -- she's already tarted up her hair! ;)

Back