Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

I'm certainly trying Rose but I am finding it harder now to shift the weight maybe because I am older I don't know but I seem to struggle to lose now.

Mind you I did work out the other day that if I lost just 2lbs every week for the next year by next April I would be 10 stone 6lbs . It will never work out like that I know but it does give you something to think about definitely.

I 'dream' of being 10 stone 7lbs Pookie, so that would do me just fine :) I am feeling the determination in me, much like I had in 2009..2011..and now 2014!!!!!!! ;)

BUT..it really has got to go this time. I felt so old and tired when away with hubby, he is a brisk walker and I know he was slowing right down to a snail's pace to keep at my level of speed when we were walking. I was breathless and my knees and thighs were aching..and don't get me started on my calves!!! ;)

He told me I looked beautiful (bless his poor eyesight! ;) ) while we ate our candle-lit meal..and all I could think about was how I was sitting there in black, baggy clothes feeling bloated and uncomfortable and I couldn't help compare myself to other females at other tables, all trim and slim with bright, sleeveless tops on and knee length trendy dresses etc. I sat there overheating in black trousers, black blouse..and a black but light long sleeved jacket on. I spent 40-50 mins changing my outfits before we went out..and still went for the 'in mourning' look! We had a lovely meal and a lovely evening..but I felt so awkward and zero self confidence...I recognised those feelings from my earlier pre diet days..and knew it was definately time to start doing something about it!

So here I go again..(almost)..let's melt those pounds and stones together!!! :)

I know those feelings Rosie looking around the room at christening , weddings and family functions to find I'm the biggest person in the room .

The reason I started again was because I felt so uncomfortable the extra flab on all round my body . I had started overeating at meals again and no end of crap food and chocolate was passing my lips it was making me feel so sluggish, so tired, so FAT that I decided enough was enough and I had hit the dreaded 19 stone 10lbs again and I will never go over that so I had to start.

Even though I have only lost 26lbs of my weight I am feeling so much lighter and moving around is so much easier I know I've done the right thing.

So yes Rosie we will be a great team and we will steam through those lbs and stones and show how it can be done we know we can do it we just have to get that determination back again.

When you weigh in Monday you might be pleasantly surprised and it be nowhere near as bad as you think. ;)

I have sts this week so far I am just hoping that a lb drops by tomorrow I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Rosie ditch the black, there is no reason for you to be wearing it. You should only wear colours which make you feel happy, it isn't size related. My wardrobe is full of hot pinks, lilacs, turquoise, and yes shock horror even ivory tops. I never, ever wear dark tops they drain my face and make me feel yuk. Honestly fancy calling yourself a rainbow when you don't wear one ;)

I also find making sure there is lots of colour on my dinner plate has the same effect.

I'm also sure that Brad was speaking the truth.

I am having a weird experience this time around as although I have been losing around a steady 1lbs a week with maybe a bit more some weeks I'm not actually feeling as full as energy as I have in the past. I think it's probably because of all the stress going on at work. I actually suggested to Eb today that he sold the company due to his issues with Boss2, he did point out that that would put me out of a job but to be honest I don't think I care lol

*shuffles off to check ropes, chains, superglue for the wagon*

I'm the same Tranqs black up against my face makes me look ill so I have lots of bright and pastel colours and dare I say it horizontal stripes I like stripes and I will not let the fact that fat people shouldn't wear them stop me ha ha.

Maybe your energy will come back all of a sudden I felt like that last time everyone kept telling me my energy levels would go through the roof with all that weight loss and exercise but there I was 5 1/2 stone down and feeling so wacked out and so tired but this time although still tired I do feel as though I can do more without getting so exhausted.

Afternoon!

I 'dream' of being 10 stone 7lbs Pookie, so that would do me just fine :) I am feeling the determination in me, much like I had in 2009..2011..and now 2014!!!!!!! ;)

BUT..it really has got to go this time. I felt so old and tired when away with hubby, he is a brisk walker and I know he was slowing right down to a snail's pace to keep at my level of speed when we were walking. I was breathless and my knees and thighs were aching..and don't get me started on my calves!!! ;)

He told me I looked beautiful (bless his poor eyesight! ;) ) while we ate our candle-lit meal..and all I could think about was how I was sitting there in black, baggy clothes feeling bloated and uncomfortable and I couldn't help compare myself to other females at other tables, all trim and slim with bright, sleeveless tops on and knee length trendy dresses etc. I sat there overheating in black trousers, black blouse..and a black but light long sleeved jacket on. I spent 40-50 mins changing my outfits before we went out..and still went for the 'in mourning' look! We had a lovely meal and a lovely evening..but I felt so awkward and zero self confidence...I recognised those feelings from my earlier pre diet days..and knew it was definately time to start doing something about it!

So here I go again..(almost)..let's melt those pounds and stones together!!! :)

I'm sure he does think you're beautiful. And, I am forever running to catch with DD and DH. They move like the wind (ork meander).

I know those feelings Rosie looking around the room at christening , weddings and family functions to find I'm the biggest person in the room .

The reason I started again was because I felt so uncomfortable the extra flab on all round my body . I had started overeating at meals again and no end of crap food and chocolate was passing my lips it was making me feel so sluggish, so tired, so FAT that I decided enough was enough and I had hit the dreaded 19 stone 10lbs again and I will never go over that so I had to start.

Even though I have only lost 26lbs of my weight I am feeling so much lighter and moving around is so much easier I know I've done the right thing.

So yes Rosie we will be a great team and we will steam through those lbs and stones and show how it can be done we know we can do it we just have to get that determination back again.

When you weigh in Monday you might be pleasantly surprised and it be nowhere near as bad as you think. ;)

I have sts this week so far I am just hoping that a lb drops by tomorrow I'll keep my fingers crossed.

ONLY 26 pounds!!! ONLY!!! Fab loss - plus the swimming!

I'm hoping for a decent loss on Monday. Fingers crossed. Then like Rosie I'm going to do the 4Fs full on (Fitbit, Fluid, Fitness and FOOD!).

Rosie ditch the black, there is no reason for you to be wearing it. You should only wear colours which make you feel happy, it isn't size related. My wardrobe is full of hot pinks, lilacs, turquoise, and yes shock horror even ivory tops. I never, ever wear dark tops they drain my face and make me feel yuk. Honestly fancy calling yourself a rainbow when you don't wear one ;)

I also find making sure there is lots of colour on my dinner plate has the same effect.

I'm also sure that Brad was speaking the truth.

I am having a weird experience this time around as although I have been losing around a steady 1lbs a week with maybe a bit more some weeks I'm not actually feeling as full as energy as I have in the past. I think it's probably because of all the stress going on at work. I actually suggested to Eb today that he sold the company due to his issues with Boss2, he did point out that that would put me out of a job but to be honest I don't think I care lol

*shuffles off to check ropes, chains, superglue for the wagon*

I agree with this -- we shouldn't punish ourselves with wearing rubbishy poorly fitting unflattering clothing. For years I wore ratty tatty stuff because I felt I didn't "deserve" better. When I first gained back weight after reaching goal and staying there over a year (sigh) - I resisted buying clothes that fit. Then I bought only a few cheap bits "to get by". I don't have a huge wardrobe - but I do have "enough" - I shouldn't be making this weight gain more miserable.

Who's to say that the new owner wouldn't keep you employed? Or redundancy would give you the opportunity to find a job without the commute from h3ll.

I'm the same Tranqs black up against my face makes me look ill so I have lots of bright and pastel colours and dare I say it horizontal stripes I like stripes and I will not let the fact that fat people shouldn't wear them stop me ha ha.

Maybe your energy will come back all of a sudden I felt like that last time everyone kept telling me my energy levels would go through the roof with all that weight loss and exercise but there I was 5 1/2 stone down and feeling so wacked out and so tired but this time although still tired I do feel as though I can do more without getting so exhausted.

Black works well on me -- as I'm so pale people think it's intentionally Goth! ;)

Hey pooks, don't say 'only 26lbs'!! That is an amazing amount of weight. You should be proud

26lbs is insane pooks! It really is!! You should be screaming it from the roof tops!!

As for the colours... I suit bright colours or very dark colours, pale yellows, pinks, etc make me look yellow skinned unless I have a very dark tan (rare these days)

The people I work with walk at an insane pace! So so fast! I just can't walk fast... It's like my legs don't allow it!

I lost only 1lb this week but its ok its in the right direction and I thought I might stay the same this week so I am just glad I lost some.

Although today has not been too great I have another cold and cough and don't feel the greatest so had takeaway for dinner fried chicken and chips oh dear the desmonds have finally got their own back Kate I also had some chocolate nothing too great but still way off plan when you add it all together. :(

In my defence I did battle through an hours swimming and an aqua zumba class even with feeling rough so I hope the damage will be minimal.

Evening!

I lost only 1lb this week but its ok its in the right direction and I thought I might stay the same this week so I am just glad I lost some.

Although today has not been too great I have another cold and cough and don't feel the greatest so had takeaway for dinner fried chicken and chips oh dear the desmonds have finally got their own back Kate I also had some chocolate nothing too great but still way off plan when you add it all together. :(

In my defence I did battle through an hours swimming and an aqua zumba class even with feeling rough so I hope the damage will be minimal.

A pound off is fab!
Well done on the fitness and a day slightly off plan might boost your metabolism a bit.

I got bitten and then savaged last night by various Desmond's pooks... First was the "go figure" a cocktail so amazing that I had to have 3 of them. Then came mojitos in various flavours.. All of which needed sampling... Then it was time for the evilest of all Desmond's... Desmond vino!!

I am feeling like a broken woman today pookasaurus! BUT I totally agree with mel the one day off will help with the metabolism no end and you are doing so much exercise it won't harm you things xx

Morning!

There's no one around you've all gone away and left me to fend for myself haven't you. :(

I'll just have to play with those demon Desmonds then ;) Cause as Kate and I know they are ALWAYS around ha ha.

I'm always around . . . Just send a PM and I'll get a email notification and pop on Minis!

I have some Easter Desmonds in the cupboard but they are under lock and key until tomorrow.

Well done on the pound Pooks my scales were really mean and only conceded a miniscule 0.2lbs off this week. I need to have a word with them as the body is saying different.

Kate what have we told you about the cocktail Desmonds, you know they have to be avoided at all times as they make you feel great to begin with then like a zombie 10 hours later.

I have some Easter Desmonds in the cupboard but they are under lock and key until tomorrow.

Well done on the pound Pooks my scales were really mean and only conceded a miniscule 0.2lbs off this week. I need to have a word with them as the body is saying different.

Kate what have we told you about the cocktail Desmonds, you know they have to be avoided at all times as they make you feel great to begin with then like a zombie 10 hours later.

Dont worry Tranqs if those scales aren't playing ball just threaten to chuck them out the window then they start behaving that usually works for me .

Afternoon!

Sunny but C-c-cold here.

Still a loss! Very steady on your way down.

You're body doesn't know it's "weigh day" -- next week might show a better than average drop.

I know Mel but they have only become really rebellious since I started walking more with the light evenings and beginning a program of "you can do some stretching and toning instead of standing waiting for the kettle to boil". I'm happy with where I am and what I'm doing right now but I do like to have something of significance to enter on my tracker every week lol

The Easter Desmonds are leaping about trying to escape from the cupboard, little do they know there is some cake batter and a hot oven waiting for them. Mini creme egg muffins or tray bake is on the menu later.

Happy Easter!

I know Mel but they have only become really rebellious since I started walking more with the light evenings and beginning a program of "you can do some stretching and toning instead of standing waiting for the kettle to boil". I'm happy with where I am and what I'm doing right now but I do like to have something of significance to enter on my tracker every week lol

The Easter Desmonds are leaping about trying to escape from the cupboard, little do they know there is some cake batter and a hot oven waiting for them. Mini creme egg muffins or tray bake is on the menu later.

I feel your pain. I'm a fast gainer, but ridiculously slow loser. I can undo months of good effort in a couple of weeks.

Post a photo of those baked items . . . I'm not sure what they are. DD baked Easter cupcakes - but she will share them with neighbors and I'll not have any of those nor will I have an Easter Candy. I ate my fair share before I pulled myself onto your wagon and I'm teetering on the edge. One bite will probably be enough to push me over the edge and back into my binge rut!

Back