Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Good Evening Miz Pooks!

How'd everything go this Easter Weekend?

Those damn easter desmonds got me so it didn't go that well Mel .

We had a nice time I had family for dinner sunday so that was big roast lamb dinner with all the trimmings and two pieces of homemade banoffee pie. Added to that all the chocolate those damn desmonds made me eat and we have diet disaster going on.

I think this week will be a bit of a write off so I don't know if I will weigh or not on Friday as if I see a gain its harder for me to pull back from it than it is just to not weigh and start again after drawing a line under the last few days in hope that it will have disappeared and then some by next week.

Have still been swimming every day bar sunday so hopefully have minimised the damage.

The tail is growing nicely thank you kate I feel like the pool is my second home at the moment.

Morning Pooks!

Be very vigilant all week and weigh anyway. Avoidance doesn't work - I WILL weigh every Tuesday, I can't live in De Nile!

Very impressed with your fitness - I'm out to aqua fit tonight. Only the second time this month. I am way behind on my 20 hours of fitness this month.

I have just read the title of a thread Anyone in the 14s trying to get in the 13s ...... I WISH ha ha

I still haven't managed to reign it in this week and tomorrow is weigh in day I keep telling myself not to ruin what I have achieved so far just over one lousy week so I really have to put my willpower in full force to get back on it properly on Friday .

Can I do that ? I damn sure hope so but those bloody Desmonds are so persuasive that it's hard to resist them.

Why am I so good at sabotaging my weight loss plan / new lifestyle whatever you want to call it I am just so good at ruining it for myself it's unreal. Why do we do that why? We all really want to lose weight else we wouldn't be on here so how come we all struggle so much to acheive our goals.

I am off for an hours swim to see if I can clear my head and figure out how to get those damn Desmonds out of my cupboards. ;)

Better still how to get them out of all our lives once and for all.

I have just read the title of a thread Anyone in the 14s trying to get in the 13s ...... I WISH ha ha

I still haven't managed to reign it in this week and tomorrow is weigh in day I keep telling myself not to ruin what I have achieved so far just over one lousy week so I really have to put my willpower in full force to get back on it properly on Friday .

Can I do that ? I damn sure hope so but those bloody Desmonds are so persuasive that it's hard to resist them.

Why am I so good at sabotaging my weight loss plan / new lifestyle whatever you want to call it I am just so good at ruining it for myself it's unreal. Why do we do that why? We all really want to lose weight else we wouldn't be on here so how come we all struggle so much to acheive our goals.

I am off for an hours swim to see if I can clear my head and figure out how to get those damn Desmonds out of my cupboards. ;)

Better still how to get them out of all our lives once and for all.

Maybe you were just following this advice:

Chocolate could PREVENT obesity: Scientists say antioxidant in cocoa stops weight gain and lowers blood sugar

Research published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry revealed the flavanols in dark chocolate can fight obesity and Type 2 diabetes.

Full Story:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...coa-stops-weight-gain-lowers-blood-sugar.html

MailOnline

******** just kidding *****

Can't you do a kitchen clear and clean?

When people argue with me that it isn't fair to the healthy weight family members that you don't keep junk food, treats, etc.in the house for them . . . I say, "No one needs to eat rubbish."

Right now there is a basket full of all kinds of chocolate. Jelly beans, etc. sitting 6 feet from me. But I won't touch it - it's not mine and I don't steal.

My DD made cupcakes for Easter. She counted out one a day for herself for five days - and divided up the others to deliver to neighbors.

I made pasta a meatballs for dinner last night. I had my meatballs with the steamed green beans. I had no pasta. When I am back under 145 - I might allow myself pasta (whole grain - my family eats fairly healthy), but I will use my Rosemary Conley portion pots! Do you have a set of those?

Have you tried the infused waters? Dunelm has infuser balls to make getting fruit/ cucumber out easily.

CONGRATS! On your super fitness . . . It will help tone you, boost your metabolism, and (hopefully) motivate you.

Before you eat something you don't need to nourish your body -- try and figure out how much swimming it's take to "work it off" and then ask yourself if it's worth it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1263119/How--burn-Easter-egg-calories.html

I've not been tempted by Easter Treats since I read this article!

Last edited:
You're super fitness means you can afford a few treats Pooks, don't be too hard on yourself.

I believe it's all to do with patterns and associations our brains have formed over the years Pooks. The only way forward is to create new patterns and practice them for a long enough time for our brains to accept it as normal.

I have an "instead of" not an "as well as" policy going on. If I want something naughty I have it and enjoy it but it has to take the place of a meal. I like the challenge of having a few Desmonds in the fridge and only allowing them out when it suits me and they are counted in without blowing the calorie budget for the week.

Around the supermarket I have a "don't buy it, can't eat it" policy.

Onwards and downward Pooks don't let a couple of Desmond days beat you.

Ok so I did weigh and it wasn't as bad as I thought I sts so with all the extra easter goodies and choc I didn't gain any weight I have to put it down to the swimming I think.

So up yours desmonds :tongue: all your evil was wasted ha ha.

Congrats! Well done. Onward and downward.

Still cant seem to reign it in foodwise ,its more too much food than too bad food except for a couple of naughties that crept in Saturday night whilst watching britains got talent .

Those desmonds are on the prowl again I am gonna have to shut their heads in the door me thinks either that or my hands either way it will stop me being a fatty mcmuncher ha ha ;)

Swimming still everyday so at least I'm in the right place with exercise now if I could just decrease the food intake I would be laughing.

Use a smaller plate.

More veg less starch.

No naughties Monday to Friday.

3 meals 2 snacks a day.

I have the opposite problem I have been so busy at work and so in the food control zone I haven't been eating all my calories hence the entry into STS land the last few weeks. Eating more this week to see if that gets the scales moving again.

Morning! Paddling Pooks!

Use a smaller plate.

More veg less starch.

No naughties Monday to Friday.

3 meals 2 snacks a day.

I have the opposite problem I have been so busy at work and so in the food control zone I haven't been eating all my calories hence the entry into STS land the last few weeks. Eating more this week to see if that gets the scales moving again.

Great advice! And, Pooks . . . you've sorted the Fitnesx and that's aces!

Thanks for the advice Tranqs.
I think I have a touch of the Tranqs myself I have STS again this week I just hope I don't stay there for 6 weeks like you did last time I do kind of know why the food has definitely been far from 100 percent that's for sure but the fitness has . I need to try harder this week and get the food spot on to see if it starts to shift again.

i have done an hours swimming and an Aqua Zumba class today that's enough for today and so far my food has been 100 percent perfect lets hope I can keep it up all week.

Thanks for the advice Tranqs.
I think I have a touch of the Tranqs myself I have STS again this week I just hope I don't stay there for 6 weeks like you did last time I do kind of know why the food has definitely been far from 100 percent that's for sure but the fitness has . I need to try harder this week and get the food spot on to see if it starts to shift again.

i have done an hours swimming and an Aqua Zumba class today that's enough for today and so far my food has been 100 percent perfect lets hope I can keep it up all week.

Super fitness. A STS beats a gain. You're really doing well.

Seem to be doing ok this week so far still swimming everyday and I am certainly feeling lighter than I did and its much easier to move around .

Have managed to do okay with the food so far and everyone had a takeaway today but I refused to give in and ruin what I have achieved this week so far.

The sun is shining beautifully here and have managed to dig a hole in the mountain in my utility room that we call washing.

I am swimming again this afternoon I am so glad I bought that gym membership I have used the pool so much more and those of you that know me know I swam an awful lot before but now I can go as much as I like and with free parking too before it was £1.80 a time if you go 5 times a week as I was it soon adds up.

I mowed the lawns yesterday and although I have mowed them this year already the mix of rain and sun we've been having for weeks has made it grow wild so it was like giving it its first cut again really hard work so am hoping I've burnt a few cals with that.

How is everyone doing its really quiet on here lately I feel like I am talking to myself half the time its not like the old times where you could come on here anytime day or night and there was always someone to talk to I miss that terribly.

Afternoon!

Seem to be doing ok this week so far still swimming everyday and I am certainly feeling lighter than I did and its much easier to move around .

Have managed to do okay with the food so far and everyone had a takeaway today but I refused to give in and ruin what I have achieved this week so far.

The sun is shining beautifully here and have managed to dig a hole in the mountain in my utility room that we call washing.

I am swimming again this afternoon I am so glad I bought that gym membership I have used the pool so much more and those of you that know me know I swam an awful lot before but now I can go as much as I like and with free parking too before it was £1.80 a time if you go 5 times a week as I was it soon adds up.

I mowed the lawns yesterday and although I have mowed them this year already the mix of rain and sun we've been having for weeks has made it grow wild so it was like giving it its first cut again really hard work so am hoping I've burnt a few cals with that.

How is everyone doing its really quiet on here lately I feel like I am talking to myself half the time its not like the old times where you could come on here anytime day or night and there was always someone to talk to I miss that terribly.

Wow - £1.80 is actually cheap for swimming compared to here. It's £3.70 here per session! But the parking is free.

I use a prepaid 10 class plan - which is like paying for 9 classes and getting one free.

It is very quiet - I think a lot of people text and FB each other.

I joined a fitness challenge - did I post you the link?

Back