Lurker with intent

Loser85

Gold Member
Hi all,

i've been lurking around for a few days now and have decided to bite the bullet and bought a weeks worth of S&S. This for me is exciting yet very scary at the same time.

Back story.... lost 3.7 stone before xmas using Exante. Came off end of Nov for xmas and never managed to get back on. Thought 'ok, lets try WW to lose some more and go from there'. Never worked out like that though, for some reason i kept having binge cycles and ruining my diet. Next step was SF, was ok on that for a few days but again the binging kicked in and the runs too. (sorry if TMI) Have also had a couple of attempts at a VLCD restart, never got past day 2.

Thing is after all of that i'm now back at my heaviest and feeling miserable. I need to take a complete break from food and reassess my thinking. Even so far as see a GP for some form of counselling for when i finish.

Im not doing this to be any particular size or wear a particular outfit. I'd just like to be comfortable in my own skin and feel so much more healthy and be able to play with my daughter like any mum would. (not having the fear of breaking chairs is also fairly important!)

Sorry for rambling on but kind of feel like im close to rock bottom and the only way is up.

Hi,

Welcome I'm currently on CWP, but my S&S order should arrive today and I'll start using them on Friday :) you've seriously can't let your 'head' ruin this for you. If your seriously not happy in your skin as you are now, there is only you that can change that. You must have a positive mental attitude, my first week on this diet was hell (I'm only day 11 now) I had huge mental battles. I even sat in a pub with my husband and two children, while they all eat a meal and I sat and drank water!

I had to go to the toilets, look myself in the mirror and ask myself 'do you really want to splurge now, and regret it?' The answer is always the 'bigger picture' you've got to be ruthless for a few months, and you'll be so pleased when you've made it. Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hello :)
s&s is great, its more flexible than some others. I'd recommend popping on here lots for support, I find just logging in reminds me Im working on this whole dieting thing! I've been stuck moving up and down a 2 stone area trying to dip under it!
I would highly recommend the 'Dr Beck Diet Solution' book, you might have heard of it, theres a thread somewhere talking about it too, its great for those of us who struggle lots and need some talking to!
I find it stops me sabotaging and making stupid/bad choices, and coming off plan. Ive restarted s&S 3 times and the third time was with the book helping me and its been my most successful time on it too! Its not been plain sailing but I'm definitely repairing my terrible relationship with food.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Packs arrived today so will be starting Wed or Thurs depending on an appt.

Good luck with it! I'm in the process of switching over from Exante and you'll love having the 4 meals a day! There's some really nice flavours in there. I had a bit of a ho hum first day but I think that comes down to personal tastes more than a problem with the diet. You'll do fine and keep coming back on here for support. These guys are fabulous!

Hi Loser85, a lot of what you said I recognize in myself. You certainly are not alone in having had a long term struggle with all sorts of diets. I have tried them all too and in the end it has always been my head that has sabotaged myself :rolleyes: After I finished LL I regained a stone a month for 5 months taking me 2 stone over my highest weight previous to that :eek: After that I realized the extent of my problems with food and did get referred by my GP onto a food counselling course which has helped... though it is something I will have to keep working at :)

I am just restarting s&s this week after having had an operation a few weeks ago. Up until the operation I was doing quite well, but I'm finding it a bit harder to get myself in the right frame of mind this time... but I am trying my best to get through the 1st few days as I think these are the hardest.

How did your 1st weekend go on the packs?

Meoww I think I am going to get hold of that book. I've heard of it before but never got round to getting hold of a copy.

Back