Luv2BSlim's Slim & Save Diary

Day 11

So my 3 packs and a protein meal for 1 day turned into 3! I guess I shouldn't really worry because I was still on plan, I just didn't have a multi vit.
Yesterday I had 3 packs, a can of tuna (in spring water) and 200g of gherkins yummy! I also had a cup of tea with skimmed milk and sweeteners. I manged to get over 2 litres of water which is a bit of an achievement for me lol. Today I am back to 4 packs, so far I've had 2 of those, some water and a cup of tea. I am not going to have any veg today though (even though I really want it), I'm actually going to try to just have the 4 packs and no veg for the next few days as I worry having the extra veg is upping my carbs and might slow my loss... maybe a little experiment just to see.

I am coming out in spots, ergh. Not too many but a few on my face and a couple in my hair line. I usually get one in my hair line when TOM is due but really that shouldn't be around for another 2.5 weeks (unless it changed due to my current diet).
I am in a bit of a dilemma. A friend has invited me round for sunday dinner on easter sunday, they're having a roast, with lamb :drool:. I haven't answered whether I am going or not yet. I am thinking if I do go I could get away with not having the potatoes and just have the veg and lamb (no one knows I am on this diet apart from my mum), but lamb is quite high in calories? so I'm unsure whether to go or not... I don't want to be rude. Something I need to think about over the next few days.

Hiya! Every 4th week, I up my calories just to give my losses a boost. And I do have lamb and steak instead of chicken/fish if I want to. So you could take part in the social time while enjoying the meal with everyone else - just making sensible choices as you have said: lamb and veges. Stay away from the gravy though :)

Day 12

I have been managing to drink at least 2 litres of water for the past 2 days. I have done that by drinking flavoured water from Sainsburys, a cup of tea and the water in the 2 shakes I have per day.

There is a jar of gherkins sitting in the kitchen calling me, but I am trying not to have any veg until at least this weekend now.

Weigh in day is coming round quick, a little nervous at what the numbers will be :(... I really need to stop thinking about it otherwise it's just going to mess with my head.

I had the chili tonight (one with kidney beans) and it didn't taste anything like chili, it's as if my taste buds were acting up tonight because I couldn't even taste my strawberry and kiwi sparking water drink either, which is odd.

I know it's only day 12 but earlier today I realised just how well I have done in these past 12 days. Not a crumb of food that isn't allowed has passed my lips, not one bit! Normally when on a diet a friend would offer me a crisp or one chip and I would have it thinking just one will be ok. Although I still have a long way to go and 12 days is nothing compared to what some other people have achieved, but to me it's good for me and right now I like feeling happy with myself for that :D

Hiya! Every 4th week, I up my calories just to give my losses a boost. And I do have lamb and steak instead of chicken/fish if I want to. So you could take part in the social time while enjoying the meal with everyone else - just making sensible choices as you have said: lamb and veges. Stay away from the gravy though :)

Hi Maka, thank you for replying. I think I may go for it (veg and lamb and no gravy ;)). I haven't seen them in a while so will be good to go and catch up

Well done on your loss so far, you have done amazing! I hope I can lose near to 5 stone in 5 months that would be awesome.

You are doing really well, and 12 days isn't nothing. Everyday you stick 100% is an achievement. Don't be down about your first week weigh in. People let go of glyogen and water mostly their first week and other people may have a naturally higher amount stored, everyone is different. 4lbs is an excellent start. Good luck for weigh in. xxx

Day 15

Weigh in day today, I am down another 4 lbs. So 8 lbs so far which I feel fab about. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks I can lose another 6 lbs to make it 14 lbs in my first month.

I am having the lamb tomorrow, can't wait!

You are doing really well, and 12 days isn't nothing. Everyday you stick 100% is an achievement. Don't be down about your first week weigh in. People let go of glyogen and water mostly their first week and other people may have a naturally higher amount stored, everyone is different. 4lbs is an excellent start. Good luck for weigh in. xxx

Hi TaraTeal, thank you xx. I told a friend about my diet, even though I said to myself I wouldn't tell anyone, and even she told me not to be disappointed with the first weeks loss. I feel good about my loss so far, as I am hoping for 14 lbs a month I'm over half way there now.

Day 16

I had the lamb and it was lush. I had quite a bit of it so my calorie intake for today was probably way too high :eek::eek:. I have also nearly had a 2 Litre bottle of Coke Zero! I haven't had any of this since starting, but I bought it for today because apparently it doesn't contain citric acid, I couldn't see it anywhere on the ingredients list anyway.

I haven't done very well on my water intake over the weekend *sigh*, so tomorrow I will aim for at least 2 litres.

I am planning on having 3 S&S packs plus a protein meal up until Saturday.

I just realised, once I lose just over 1.¼ lbs I'll be in the 14 stones mark:scale: yay

Well done :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you Claire x

Deezer said:
That next stone bracket is the best feeling ever isnt it?? X

It really is! I so hope I can see the 14's by Saturday that would be great :D

Another goal for me will be to get out of the 200's, I haven't been below 200 lbs since 2009 I think x

Day 17 (now in week 3!)

Starting to wish I hadn't had any coke zero yesterday now. I am back to drinking my flavoured water Today (Sainbury's strawberry & kiwi) and I'm really just not feeling it, where as before it was a god send compared to plain water. I think its because I enjoyed the Coke Zero so much. I'll get over it though.
I had about 1/4 left in the bottle this morning in the fridge and so I have now thrown it out!

Water, water, water... Coke zero is a no no no lol.

So far today I have had about 800 ml of flavoured water, porridge and 100g of gherkins. I'll have a tin of tuna soon then later a cottage pie and a shake.

It really is! I so hope I can see the 14's by Saturday that would be great :D

Another goal for me will be to get out of the 200's, I haven't been below 200 lbs since 2009 I think x

Know that feeling.... I am bang on 200lb!!!! : (

Day 17 (now in week 3!)

Starting to wish I hadn't had any coke zero yesterday now. I am back to drinking my flavoured water Today (Sainbury's strawberry & kiwi) and I'm really just not feeling it, where as before it was a god send compared to plain water. I think its because I enjoyed the Coke Zero so much. I'll get over it though.
I had about 1/4 left in the bottle this morning in the fridge and so I have now thrown it out!

Water, water, water... Coke zero is a no no no lol.

So far today I have had about 800 ml of flavoured water, porridge and 100g of gherkins. I'll have a tin of tuna soon then later a cottage pie and a shake.

I am sure that oke zero was causing a bit of water retention with me last week.... I've bumped caffeine off the menu again altogether!!!

X

10/04/2012

Day 18

I have no idea what was going on yesterday but all I did was think of food. It may sound like an exaggeration, but it literally felt like every few minutes I was thinking of food and I wasn't even hungry. I ended up having some more gherkins, my cottage pie and a shake and a cup of coffee but nope none of that helped. It was just stupid cravings and my addiction to food. Today I am feeling better but I do remember the food thoughts getting worse in the evening so let's see what happens this evening.

Now off to go drain my tin of tuna. Later I'll probably have mushroom pasta and then my last packet which will be a shake. I really want to eat one of my truffa bars only bought 2 in my 5 weeks supply but I want to try and leave off having one until at least next week.... ohhhh so tempting!

I got a really big urge to weigh myself today. I have been naughty weighing in about twice a week so far even though when I first started the plan was to weigh once every 4 weeks lol then it went down to once a week, so that's where I am really trying to stick.

I am sure that oke zero was causing a bit of water retention with me last week.... I've bumped caffeine off the menu again altogether!!!

X

Oh no that sucks! I'm glad I chucked the rest in the bin. I remember reading someone say it's the work of the devil, I think I agree now lol. I'm not saying I wont have it ever again during my time on S&S but it wont be for a while.

I struggle getting the water down anyway so I think sticking to just water is the best bet for me! x

Last edited:
Day 20

I woke up today with a niggle in my lower back, somehow I convinced myself it wasn't because TOTM was about to start... Well I was wrong, it has just started :( and it's a week earlier than normal! Maybe it's because of the VLCD. I did wonder why I have been feeling a bit bloated this week. Oh and what a bummer that it's started 2 days before weigh in day!

I had 2 packs of porridge yesterday (and a chocolate shake and tin of tuna) I just love them. I calculated my carbs at less than 30g for yesterday so when I felt a bit hungry last night I had 100g of peeled cucumber.

All is going well really. Finding the diet a little too easy because of the products. Thank goodness I read about S&S when I was reading through the exante threads a few weeks ago. I was meant to restart exante but then started S&S, I feel that I wouldn't have got this far trying exante again. Drinking 3 shakes a day is just not for me.

I'm a bit worried about weighing in on Saturday now because of TOTM. Yesterday, before it started, I was wishing the days away because I was really looking forward to seeing what the scales would say for week 3. Maybe I'll be lucky and still show a loss like I did on exante.

I am doing pretty good with my water (flavoured) and getting at least 2L everyday.

Can't wait to get past week 4. I so want to get there because I fell off the wagon in week 3 when doing exante last year and didn't get back on again.

Last edited:
Day 21/22

Why am I up so late! actually it's because I have a migraine :( not helping it by playing around with my phone.

I started feeling pretty poop about 2 hours ago. I don't know if it's because of the migraine, being tired or just because it's that time of the month. I had a horrid day yesterday, the most excruciating period pains. It's days like that I seriously think about going back on the pill.

Because I have been having just 3 packs a day since Monday I have had a tin of tuna as my protein meal each day and I'm already starting to get sick of eating it lol. At the beginning of the week it tasted like heaven!

I had a Spag Bol for dinner and really did not enjoy it. I had to literally force it down and gagged along the way. I have about 8ish packs of it left and considering putting them on eBay. Ergh. It's the only pack I have come to dislike, hopefully it doesn't happen with any of the other packs otherwise things could get tricky.

Last edited:
Hello chick, well done so far your doing great, coming on early will be due to s&s, i had my first period in 5 years because of it after the 2nd week :eek: Safe to say its not happened again thank god lol.
Dont worry about the scales due to totm, everyone knows it can affect ur loss atlittle, you can make up for it when it goes :)
Well done aswell on nearly reaching week 4 too thats a great achievement!! I was undecided between exante and s&s too, thank the lord i chose this, its the hazelnut shake that won me over ;)
Have a lovely day xx

Day 22

Weigh in day today. I am down 1.¾ lbs... damn TOTM! :rolleyes:. It's ok, I am cool with it. Hopefully next Saturday will be better.

Hello chick, well done so far your doing great, coming on early will be due to s&s, i had my first period in 5 years because of it after the 2nd week :eek: Safe to say its not happened again thank god lol.

Hi Stef, It's the first time it's happened to me on a diet. Normally mine starts every 6 weeks but this time it was just under 5 weeks. Wow it really did change yours! it's quite amazing how a diet can affect our hormones like that.

Dont worry about the scales due to totm, everyone knows it can affect ur loss atlittle, you can make up for it when it goes :)

I keep telling myself that and it must have worked, because although I was hoping for 3 lbs this week, seeing just under 2 lbs didn't disappoint me at all... I just thought "TOTM!"

Well done aswell on nearly reaching week 4 too thats a great achievement!! I was undecided between exante and s&s too, thank the lord i chose this, its the hazelnut shake that won me over ;)
Have a lovely day xx

Thank you, I cannot wait to get past week 4 as I quit exante about mid week 3 :(. S&S has been so much better to follow than exante. Hehe for me it was the chocolate shake! I hated the chocolate exante one, but the S&S does taste like chocolate yay :D

Well done on your weight loss so far, you have done brilliantly. And way to go on losing 30 lbs during your first 8 weeks! I so hope I can achieve that, it would be fab xx

Hello hun, wahooooo well done on ur loss!!
It did affect mine alot haha i was actually mortified, i had forgot what a period was lol
Stay determined and look forward to week 4 WI now and you will have completed your first month woop woop!!
How have u got on today?

and thankyou :) xx

Day 24 - Now in week 4

Day 24 - Now in week 4! and I am in the 14 stones! (ok, only by ¾ lb but still :D)

I had a sneaky weigh in today, hoping the scales may have dropped a bit seeing as TOTM has nearly finished. The scales were only down ¼ of a lb so I really don't think I am going to make my target of 14 lbs for my first month... not unless I somehow manage to lose another 4 lbs between today and Saturday *sigh*. It would be amaaaazing if I could lose 4 lbs by then but I doubt it. So currently I am 14st 13.¼ lbs.

Hello hun, wahooooo well done on ur loss!!
It did affect mine alot haha i was actually mortified, i had forgot what a period was lol
Stay determined and look forward to week 4 WI now and you will have completed your first month woop woop!!
How have u got on today?

and thankyou :) xx

Hey Stef :D thank you!

I cannot believe only another 4-5 days and I will have completed my first month. Reaching (well actually getting past) week 4 has been a goal of mine, but to be honest S&S has been so much easier that I haven't just had to rely solely on my will power :wee:

Yesterday went well thanks Stef. I started back on the 4 packs a day again yesterday. I'm going to stick to 4 packs a day until next weigh in day. I got a little bored of the tuna last week and also found that eating it made me crave more, weird! It was a bit of an experiment to see if having less carbs would change my weight loss but it kinda got messed up when TOTM appeared lol.

Hope you had a good weekend xx

Wooohooo well done your in the 14's!!! Its an amazing feeling to drop down to the next stone well done you.
4lb may not be possible by saturday but as i say be proud of every lb you lose, its coming off and you will be at target in no time!!
Yeah im doing 4 packs again at the minute, litrally because i am in love with mac cheese!? So after all that has gone i will probably be back on 3 packs for a while!
You dont just have to have tuna you can have other meats, or do u only like tuna? xx

I forgot to add in my update that I am thinking of doing some exercise. I have some 10 lb weights upstairs and my very first workout DVD that I ever bought that's been sitting behind the TV for over a year. I might do some of that and then my plan is to join a local gym when I have lost about 2-3 stone. I don't think I'm moving enough! work = sitting at a desk. I need to get my body moving a bit more.

Back