Lydia's points diary and food log

The WW whip desserts I got from Tescos they come in Chocolate, Banofee and Strawberries and Cream flavours and they are very nice.

I think I posted the Quorn Arribiata receipe Starlight, if I haven't let me know and I will post it again, the orginal receipe was Chicken Arribiata I just substituted the chicken for quorn, its lovely though, put 2 lots in the freezer last night.

Stuck to plan yesterday, so really pleased with myself.

Food for today:

B - 50g Dorset Berries and Cherries cereal (2.5 points)
L - 1 wholemeal roll (2 points)
1 egg (1.5 points)
1 tablespoon Hellmans Extra Light Mayo (0 points)
1 chopped tomato (0 points)
Shape Yoghurt (1 point)
D - Jacket potato (2.5 points)
1/2 tin WW beans (2.5 points)
40g low fat cheese (2.5 points)
S - milk (1.5 points)
Pear (1 point)
Caramel snackajack x 2 (1 point)

2 litres of water

18 points out of 18

Exercise: 1 hour gym workout (60 mins cardio plus 3 x 20 crunches) - BPs earned = 4

Do you mix the WW whip desserts with milk or with water?

I mix them with skimmed milk. The 1.5 points is just for the whip you would need to add the milk points, but its only 125mls, so I use it out of my daily allowance which I often don't use to be honest. If you like things like that, you'll love the receipe I'll post in a minute

Strawberry Mousse (from Cook)

Serves 4
1 point per serving

150g ripe strawberries, hulled and chopped
100g low fat soft cheese
1 satchet strawberry sugar free jelly
150ml boiling water
2 egg whites

1. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the strawberries and mix together the remaining strawberries with the low fat cheese.

2. Dissolve jelly in boiling water, top up to 450mls with cold water and then stir into the strawberry mixture. Leave to cool and refridgerate until just beginning to set.

3. In a clean bowl whisk egg whites until they have stiff peaks. Carefully fold egg whites into jelly mixture and spoon into indivdual glasses/bowls.

4. CHill for 1 hour until set serve decorated with reserved strawberries.

Starlight - arrabiata receipe for you:

CHicken Arrabiata

Serves 4
Points per serving - 5 or 3.5 with quorn

300g skinless chicken breast sliced or 4 quorn fillets cooked and sliced
zest and juice 1/2 lemon
1 garlic clove crushed
25g pack of fresh basil shredded
300g pasta
Frylight
1 onion
3 garlic cloves crushed (for sauce)
good pinch crushed chilli flakes
250g ripe tomatoes chopped
1 tablespoon tomato puree

1. Marinade chicken/quorn in lemon zest, juice, garlic and half of the basil, season and set to one side.

2. Cook pasta, drain and keep warm.

3. Heat frying pan with Frylight, add chicken/quorn cook for 5 mins until cooked through remove and set to one side.

4. To make sauce, mist frying pan with Frylight add onion and cook for 5 mins adding water to prevent burning if necessary. Add garlic and chilli and cook for 2 mins the nadd tomatoes and puree with 150ml water. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 mins.

5. Add chicken/quorn and pasta to sauce, season and heat through for 2-3 mins, stir in remaining basil and serve.

Weigh in today and I lost............a big fat nothing!!

I'm beyond words these days

Food for today:

B - 2 shredded wheat
L - 3 krisprolls, 2 Laughing Cow Extra light cheese triangles
D - Pizza

2 litres of water

Keeping it light during the day as I want to have a pizza tonight - s*d it, I'm having a cheat day ha ha ;)

I may sound stupid saying this but what are Krispyrolls?! :confused:

Oh Lydia! ... your doing so amazingly at watching the points and your eating a great variety of different foods! i really have nothing constructive to say to advice you ! .......... thats such a bummer! ...
Hope you can get back to it! .. have you spoken to your leader about it ? ..
Hope your ok hun xxx

Lydia, I don't know what to say - this must be so frustrating for you! This has GOT to be a muscle-weighs-more-than-fat thing, I can't think of anything else. If you're not measuring yourself then maybe it's time to start doing that hon x

Ive stopped going to classes now, but my last week at classes was last week when I gained 1.5lbs and the leader said she didn't have any more advice for me, she'd run out of things to say!!

Lydia, have you had your thyroid tested? I wonder if it's worth getting your doc's view on this as it just doesn't make sense hon.

Well funny you should mention that..... I lost 6 stone 6 years ago and was about 5 or 6 lbs away from my goal weight when I started these injections called Prostap to treat endemetrosis, they were awful they were partly to blame for me regain 3.5st and I have struggled ever since and my TSH levels were lower after the injections than before.

Last year I got a cyst on my thyroid that haemhorraged, I had it drained test for cancer got the all clear but the consultant said that the cyst would always be there if it haemhorraged again he would remove my thyroid but that it would always affect my thyroid function. The consultant said he couldn't prescribe my thyroxine my GP would need to do it. I guess it a case of cost, as you get free prescriptions when you go on thyroxine.

I have my TSH levels (but nothing else) tested every 12 weeks they range from 0.51 to 0.75, to go onto Thyroxine I have to go 0.50 or below, so as you can see I got very very close about 6 months ago, my last test was 0.72. My GP is useless he just tells me that I need to accept that I am just someone who finds it hard to lose weight - its taken me over 2 years to lose 1 stone - thats not right.

Anyway due back at docs Wednesday for check up I am going to try to get them not only to test TSH levels, but T3, T4, ferritin, iron, adrenal and sex hormones as TSH test won't always show up hypothyroidism on its own.

Failing that I am at a loss! Maybe a food allergy/intollerance, cealic (spelling?) really don't know. Seeing a different doc Wed than I normally.

Sorry for the long post! If this fails I have researched supplements that help thyroid function, I will look more close into that. Can't really afford to go private. I wonder if I can insist on a referral to a consultant?

This cycle of WW started in early February thats 6 months ago, surely the plateau would have passed by now? Who knows, hope you're right because hopefully that means I am due a big loss any time soon!

Food for today:

B- 25 g rice krispies before gym (1 point)
L - 2 slices 50/50 crustaway bread (1 point)
Spread (1 point)
2 slices Lerdammer light cheese (3 points)
D - Homemade quorn lasagne (4.5 points)
Salad (0 points)
WW Balsamic dressing (0 points)
S - Drifter (4.5 points)
Milk (1.5 points)

2 litres of water

Exercise: 2 hours in gym (60 mins cardio, 60 mins weights resistence work) - 8 BPs earned.

16.5 points out of 18 - will have another snack later not sure what though.

Back