Lydia's points diary and food log

Yes, me too. It's too hot to cook right now though and I'm sick of salad :(

Its been going well this week thank you, not even going to think about what might happen at weigh in, don't want to get stressed out about it! ha ha !

Really enjoyed my Skinny Cow stick, can't believe they are only 1.5 points, so yummy

Food for today:

B - Branflakes and chopped banana
L - Lentil and veg soup
rice cakes
yoghurt
apple
D - spagetti with lentil pasta sauce
1 tablespoon low fat cheese (1 point)
S - grapes, 1 Dr Kargs Emental & pumpkin seed cracker (1.5 points)
Exercise: none
2 litres of water

Last edited:
Food for today:

B - 2 shredded wheat
L - tin wonton soup
2 ryvitas
Yoghurt
Banana
D - jacket potato
1/2 tin WW beans
40g low fat cheese
2 litres of water

Its my last weigh in at classes tonight, I have to say I won't miss going to class. Won't miss the stress I felt going there or the Leader and her little condesending ways (although I accept that might just be me being paranoid), but theres only so many weeks you can take being to "you must try harder next week" or " don't eat any of your bonus points"!!

From tomorrow going to go it alone at home. I have millions of cook books, have printed off hundreds of WW receipes, have all the leaflets from class so I think I will be ok, and I have this forum (which has been invaluable to me so far). Going to have Friday morning weigh ins in future, my Mum is going to weigh me first thing and I will make a note of the weight and losses/gains on a spreadsheet.

Any top tips for doing it alone would be gratefully received!

The one thing I am not sure about is that in the morning I always weigh less than at night, so tomorrow morning, there will be a difference between what I weighed tonight and what I weigh in the morning, how do I record this - do I do it as a loss for the first week? Not sure how to handle that one?

I would just record it as a loss for the first week, and then it'll be consistent from then, i'm sure there'll be a small variation between the WW scales and your own, so once the first week is done, you'll be consistent from there using the same time of day and same scales.

Good luck - I would say if you're going it alone than don't stray from these boards!!

Thanks Jenny, thats what i was thinking I would do then from next week it will right it self (if that makes sense), I need to make sure that I always weigh myself on my scales until I get to goal weight (unless they give up the ghost before because Ive taken so long to get there :sigh:).

who cares how long it takes, so long as you get there and enjoy yourself along the way!

Absolutely! My ex personal trainer is always telling me, that 1/2 lb a week loss equals 2 stone over the year, sounds so much better that way!

it was my weigh in last night, I honestly thought I was going to burst into tears, I put on 1.5lbs! And I don't even know where I went wrong! Even the leader said that she had rung out of ideas for me, she said that I looked like I had lost weight, that my skin and hair looked great and I looked really healthy, I said that I had never felt so well. Really upset me. I did point my Core week this week and each day I was eating less points than I would have had I been on Points (if that makes sense), don't know if thats had an effect.

Anyway I am trying not to dwell on it today, I attended my last meeting last night, so my mum weighed me in this morning, theres a 4.5lb difference between what I weighed last night and this morning, hence why my ticker shows a great loss, this will rectify itself next week. Mum going to do my weigh ins each Friday morning from now on.

Onwards and upwards!!!

Food for today:

B - Monster Cookie
L - chickpea tabouleh (1 point for sultanas)
Yoghurt
D - going out for dinner with some friends, going to a Thai place that does loads of Tofu dishes so will definintely have something with that in. They don't have a desert menu thank god!

Food for today:

Ryita museli before gym (1 point)

L - pikelets with spread and marmite (3.5 points)

D - Mushroom burgers, new potatoes and salad.
Tapioca pudding.

Exercise - 1 hour in the gym (just cardio)

So I change to points from tomorrow, I'm actually looking forward to it now, Ive tried to concentrate on thinking about all the foods that are easier to eat on points than Core and that seems to be working. Ive planned my food for the whole week and go some lovely stuff in store for me. Bring on kickstart week................

Hey Lydia

Sorry to hear you have gained hon - it must be so frustrating bearing in mind how well you are doing.

I just wonder if this is muscle gain - I can't remember if I've asked you, are you measuring yourself? Do you think you are smaller than you were?

Good luck for this coming week on points.

K x

Hi Karen

No I haven't been measuring myself but I am going to start and then compare every month. My clothes definintely feel looser.

get your tape measure out! i measured today and im well happy!

Points is ok and youl be so happy when youve lost~

awww no Lydia im sorry to hear of your gain this week! its a total bum isnt it when you know youve done so well food wise but yet the scales still wont place nice! ..
I hope you enjoy the points plan and that it shows somthing for you next week! ....

Back