Lydia's points diary and food log

Core Baked Egg Custard receipe

Egg Custard (CORE)

½ pint skimmed milk
2 medium egg yolks
2 dessertspoons sweetener ( or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence

Beat egg yolks with sweetener & vanilla.
Heat milk, but do not boil.
Whisk egg mixture and milk together, place in a bowl over a pan of hot water and whisk until thickened - do not allow to boil or you'll end up with sweet scrambled eggs !!

Sprinkle with nutmeg & bake in Oven until set

Quorn & broccoli rice bake receipe - CORE

EASY QUORN BROCCOLI RICE BAKE

2 quorn fillets sliced
broccoli florets
120g brown rice cooked

1 can 98 ff Cream of mushroom soup+water to mesure 3 cups
garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.

Preheat oven 350 degrees.

In a baking dish combine rice, soup/water, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Stir in broccoli and arrange chicken breast on top.
Cover with aluminim foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Cook longer if it is too moist.

Like most of my receipes I have adapted them from meat dishes so you can easily use chicken for this.

so its week two of Core for me and I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying being on Core, I can't say I have been hungry at all. The receipes I have tried out so far have all been great and are in the "will try again" pile. Particular favourite is the Core Lasagne which I had last night with a huge salad - it was GEORGEOUS!!! My mum loved it so mcu has well I thought she might cry at one stage ha ha !:) and I can't say in all honesty I missed the cheese. I'm getting my head around making sure each meal is "hearty". I have managed to cut out my mid morning snack and I tend to have some fruit mid afternoon. I feel I have made the transition from Points to Core far easier than I thought.

I'm certainly feeling a lot healthier, I know that I am getting my 5 a day every day and the quality of the food I am eating and dramatically improved so even if I don't lose any more weight than I was on Points, I think I can live with it (as long as I do lose some weight!!) because I know I am eating really healthily now and am more conscience of what I am putting in my mouth.

Can firmly recommend trying Core. One suggestion I would make is where possible make extra of the receipes and freeze them.

Lydia sounds like you are doing fine! keep it up hunni, im sure thr white rice on core will be fine on it, its not like you have it everyday! enjoy the chinese though, im jealous cos i dare not eat chinese just yet lol!

Lydia your meal plans sound SO yummy! .... Im almost considering trying core! ............... Do you feel hungry between meals? I wouldnt be able to stop when full i dont think! ....
Keep up the great work :) xx

To be honest I know that you are supposed to stop when you feel comfortably full, but I tend to eat everything that I plan to eat each meal, its all healthy stuff so I don't worry about it. Sometimes I am stuffed, sometimes just full.

I definintely don't feel hungry at all in between breakfast and lunch and I find I can easily do without my mid morning snack now. I had to be strict with myself and in the first few days realised that I was eating a mid morning snack for the sake of it, so I asked myself "Do I feel hungry", well the answer is usually "no", so why eat something for the sake of it, I won't be doing my diet any good! After lunch my blood sugar levels seem to drop at about 4 pm so I have been having some fruit then. At dinner time, I will often have some sugar free jelly after dinner. So basically no I don't feel hungry, which I often did on points.

I do though, still weigh out my rice, pasta and potatoes, don't trust myself to eat whatever I want on that score, so I have 60g of past and rice, and with something like new pots will have 150g.

Can highly recommend Core to anyone.

Food for today will be:

B - Core crumble with stewed fruit (apple, pear & strawberries).
L - Sainsburys BGTY Three Bean & Tomato Soup
2 brown rice cakes
Yoghurt
Banana
Sainsburys BGTY potato snack (1.5 points)
D - 60g dried pasta pasta
Homemade Lentil Pasta sauce
1 tablespoon low fat cheese (1 point)
S - grapes
2 litres of water
Exercise: none

Last edited:
Lydia that sounds yum im on points but may have to pinch a few of your ideas to pop onto mine! you must be dropping the pounds off by eating what you are! its so heathy and well balenced. Did you do a complete lifestyle change when you started weight watchers?

Hi

Well according to my scales I haven't lost anything at all - which while I am disappointed about not totally surprised as I am struggling to lose weight and its very very slow. But I will stick with Core as its a much healthier way of life. I often don't lose (on points) for 2 or 3 weeks then I'll drop a pound.

I did WW 6 years ago and lost 6st in 6 months but put 3 back on. But back then I was yonger and had never been on a diet in my life and didn't have a cyst on my thyroid (I know I shouldn't use that as an excuse, thyroid problem or not I can still lose weight)! So its frustrating for me that it isn't working as quickly this time round.

It is a life style change though, I accept that I need to combine healthy eating with regular exercise and I have dramatically reduced the amount of alcohol I consume, infact I am going teetotal for the summer and don't intend to drink until my birthday in September. AND I love my exercise, these past two weeks have been awful as I have only been able to go to gym Saturday and Sunday because we've got an inspection on at work and starting 7.30 am every day - bring on next week, got the week off going to exercise every day.

So yes its a life style change for me, eating healthy, having my 5 a day plus lean protein and complex carbs, regular exercise and reduced alcohol!

Lentil Pasta Sauce receipe

Lentil Pasta Sauce
Serves 4 - CORE
Ingredients

1 onion peeled and chopped finely
1 red pepper deseeded and chopped

1 carrot, grated
Frylight
1 clove garlic crushed
1tsp basil (dried)
1 large can chopped tomatoes

100g split red lentils
1tbs tomato puree
200ml salted water
salt and pepper

Method

1. Fry the onion and pepper in Frylight in a large saucepan for 10 mins then put in the garlic, basil, tomatoes, lentils, tomato puree, grated carrot and salted water.

Bring to the boil then turn down the heat to simmer gently uncovered for 15-20 mins until the lentils are cooked.

Season with salt and pepper and serve on a bed of pasta

Food for today is:

B - porridge with banana
L - ryvita, philly extra light, Shape Satisfaction Yoghurt
D - jacket. potato with low fat cheese (40g) and 1/2 tin WW beans
S - grapes
WW Mint whip bar (1.5 points)
2 litres of water
Exercise: none

Last edited:
It is so frustrating when you do so well and lose so little, but you are just right you have to think of it as a lifestyle change and that is it for life. Personally I think a thyroid problem is a good excuse but unfortunately it is also the reason to make healthy choices for ever. I have a very slow metabolism so I want to change the way I eat for ever and be fully in control so that I am not on a diet - I just eat well all the time.

Your menus always sound so yummy! .. Your breakfast crumble sounds delish! ... Im worried i wont be able to cook proper from scratch meals each day as i work 2 evenings a week and dont have time to prepare before i go! ...
I also love a chinese on a friday night lol ....
Maybe ill see what next week brings and decide either that or wait until i hit a plataeu and then do core for a while.
You sound like your doing brill!

You're never going to believe this?

I put ON 0.5lb! I don't know whether to laugh or cry, I guess that chinese from 6 days ago is hanging around! Very frustrating but this is what my weightloss has been like since I started WW, I will lost a lb put on half!

Lets hope when I can get back to the gym my usual 4 times a week that will help.

All my leader could suggest is that I am eating too much! But I shouldn't be despondent because I am eating really healthy meals!

Onwards and upwards, eventually my body has to give in and let me have some of the weight!! ha ha :wave_cry:

Pixie, although I don't work nights, I work quite long hours some days so I understand its hard at times to get cooking from scratch, what I tend to do is make a large batch of all freezable food and put some of it in the freezer, that way on the days you are working nights you can just get something out of the freezer that you've cooked yourself, the days when you have a little more time you could do some freezer cooking.

Despite my weight gain this week I am still pretty keen on Core, I know I am eating far more healthily then I was on Points and I still remain positive that eventually I will lose the weight.

:rotflmao:aww lydia - a half - damn chinese!

Laugh though dont cry hun, youl just feel worse, stay positive - you have done so great so far :talk017:

Hi Annie, I agree, this is a lifestyle change that I will have to incorporate into my life for ever. The consultant has told me that the cyst on my thyroid will make losing weight more difficult than it use to be but the day I really start using that as an excuse is the day I might as well give up, despite this I can lose the weight, it might take me twice the amount of time than other people, and I might not be able to make the full transition to Core maintenance, but I won't use this as an excuse to give up.

Next week's going to be hard, I am out for at least 2 meals next week, but from this Saturday am able to exercise for 11 days straight. So hoping they will cancel each other out as long as I don't go too overboard on the meals out!

Saraian - thanks sweetie!

Back