Lydia's points diary and food log

Ive got a feeling you can freeze them as well.

Food for today:

B - branflakes
L - chinese buffet !!!
D - don't think I will have anything else really stuffed after lunch, if I get hungry later will have some melon in the fridge and a yoghurt.
2 litres of water
Exercise: 1 hr 40 mins in gym (60 mins cardio, 40 mins resistence training - concentrated on legs and abs today)

Food for today:

B - 2 weetabix and 1 chopped banana
L - 2 eggs scrambled and quorn bacon
Melon melody
D - Chunky vegetable pasta sauce
60g dried weight wholemeal pasta
1 tablespoon low fat cheese (1 point)
Key lime pudding (Core receipe)
2 litres of water
Exercise - none - gym closed today because of the strikes

Food for today:

B- Special K
L - not sure maybe toast with marmite (2 points)
D - party at work buffet provided
2 litres of water
Exercise: none gym still closed!

Weigh in tonight.

A few receipes for you, am trying these this week

Thai Spiced Tofu Burgers

Serves 4 (2 burgers each)
Core or 4 1/2 points per serving

410g can aduki beans
50g oats
250g pack tofu, drained and chopped finely
6 spring onions chopped finely
2 teaspoons Thai 7 spice powder
Zest of 1 lime
25g pack of coriander chopped finely
1 beaten egg
Salt
Pepper

1. Place beans in a bowl and mash.
2. Proces oats until consistency of fine breadcrumbs
3. Add oats to beans.
4. Add all remaining ingridents and mix well.
5. Chill for 30 mins
6. Shape into 8 burgers
7. Fry in Frylight for 5 mins each side.

Crispy Cauliflower Cheese Bakes

Serves 2 - CORE

2 small jacket potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
1 small cauliflower broken into small florets
2 small pots of Philly Extra Light
1/2 onion chopped and fried in Frylight until golden brown
2 vegetable stock cubes (I use OXO Italian)
1 egg white
50g Fine polenta

1. Mix potato, cauliflower, onion, philly and stock cubes together. Chill for 30 mins
2. Form into patties coat in egg white then polenta
3. Bake on a trya sprayed with Frylight for 15-20 mins.

Chicken Arrabiata

Serves 4
CORE or 5 points per serving

300g skinless chicken breast sliced finely
Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
1 garlic clove crushed
25g pack fresh basil shredded
300g dried wholemeal penne pasta
Frylight
For sauce
1 onion chopped finely
3 garlic cloves
Good pinch of dried chilli flakes
250g ripe tomatoes chopped
1 teaspoon tomato puree

1. Marinate chicken slices in the lemon zest and jice, crushed garlic and half of the basil. Season well and set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to packet instructions
3. Heat a large pan mist with frylight and add chicken, cook over a medium-high heat for 5 mins until cooked through, remove and set aside.
4. To make sauce, mist pan with Frylight add onions and cook for 5 mins add water to prevent burning if necessary, add garlic and chilli and cook for 2 mins the nadd tomatoes and puree with 150ml of water.
5. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 mins.
6. Add chicken and pasta to sauce, season and heat through for 2-3 mins, stir in remaining basil and serve.

To make this vegetarian replaced Chicken with Quorn fillets for a points value of 4 per serving (still core).

Meant to say, I lose 1/2lb at weighin, was disappointed but not gutted as I went for chinese on Tuesday (but didn't eat anything else that day - Chinese was at lunch time and I exercised everyday!) but heh ho! The leader said I am eating too much and I shouldn't eat my 21 points, which seems a little drastic to me as I am worried I will start to feel deprived and thats when I give up on diets. My personal trainer (well ex PT) pointed out to me that if I lost 1/2lb every week for a year thats 2 stone! Doesn't seem too bad when you look at it that way.

Anyway as the leader told me "must try harder next week"!!

I find it strange that your consultant says that you're eating too much. I thought the whole point of the core plan was that you ate until you were comfortably full and didn't have to restrict your portions like on the points plan.

One look at your food diary shows that you are eating an incredibly healthy diet, and steady losses should lead to it being maintainable in the long term.

You're doing great!

Thanks Jen, yes I found it strange, what I am doing at the moment is that my breakfast is so filling I go through to lunch and then only have a snack of fruit at about 4 pm, I always have a piece of fruit with breakfast and lunch, she wants me to each less at each meal and have a snack mid morning as well as mid pm, I tried to point out that I may not actually eat less calories but just distribute them differently but she told me that I wasn't getting the point of Core!!! She wants to cut out my 21 points but I am really reluctant to do that to be honest, am happy to cut back on a few of them though.

Then there was a incident with the scales when some other found one set of scales was weight 1lb heavier than the others (this happened a few months ago as well so clearly they haven't sorted the problem out), so there was some unhappy customers.

Not feeling very confident in the leader right now ha ha ! Only going to classes till end of Month then switching to at home.

It sounds like she's the one not getting the point of core!!

I'm following the plan online as I can't really get to any classes regularly, so I miss any consultants (good or bad!).

I don't feel the need to go to classes and it does seem to me that leaders can be a bit hit and miss.

Have you considered having a slightly less filling breakfast and a little more lunch?

That being said, if you are happy with half a pound a week loss then keep doing what you're doing. Your diet is lovely and healthy.

It difficult to know what to do for the best, my danger zone is mid morning when the cake lady arrives at work - if I'm not hungry then I can resist which I have managed to do since I started Core and Ive put that down to having a filling breakfast and also Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day.

Ive upped the ante on my exercise this past week and am doing some really intensive workouts (combo of cardio and weights/resistence) I lift some quite heavy weights as I am a naturally a very strong muscly person (was an athlete as a teenager county champion at discus and all that) so maybe thats not helping but if I lower the weights then I am not really getting any benefit! I not convinced I am converting to muscle as it takes a long time to do that and muscle doesn't weigh heavier than fat its just denser. I know I am toning up I can tell by my clothes.

Heh ho! Lets see what happens this week at weigh in then I will make some decisions!

Food for today will be:

B - monster cookie
L - Spicy BNS & sweet potato soup
2 rice cakes
Yoghurt
Banana (could have mid morning instead?)
D - Thai spiced tofu burgers
Salad
Sugar free jelly
S - 1/2 tin fruit cocktail
2 litres of water

Exercise - going to gym tonight combo of cardio (prob 40-45 mins) and resistence work (20-30 mins)

Food for today:

B - branflakes and chopped banana
L - Quorn Mexican rice salad
Shape satisfaction yoghurt
1/2 tin fruit cocktail
D - Crispy cauliflower bakes, roasted sweet potato (in Frylight), carrots, broccoli. cauliflower
S - Apple
Exercise - I walked to work today if that counts 1.2 miles each way.
2 litres of water.

Quorn Mexican rice salad

This is in the new Shop and Cook book but this is my version of it.

Core, serves 2. At a guess I would say points wise this is 3 1/2 points per serving.

2 quorn fillets
85g brown rice
1/4 cucumber
juice from half a lemon
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
salt
pepper
62g sweetcorn

1. Cook rice according to packet instructions, add sweetcorn for the last 5 mins.
2. Marinate quorn fillets in lemon juice, cumin and chilli for about 30mins then bake in the oven until cooked and chop.
3. Mix quorn, rice, sweetcorn, cucumber, season to taste, leave to cool and serve.

Great for a packed lunch.

I can honestly say I am really enjoying the food I am eating right now! And yes you're right its a loss!

I've messed about with diets for so long now, that if i lose anything on this plan then i'll still stick to it as it's so easy and maintainable in the long-term.

I'm going to be stealing lots of your recipes in the future Lydia!

Steal away ha ha , thats why I put them on here. Just eating my mexican quorn rice salad, its really yummy although next time will add a little more chilli powder, needs a bit more of a kick for me.

Back