Lynne: Low Carb Fan

Oh and the weight goes down, pips up and then goes down a bit more. We celebrated our 44th this friday so its up a bit at the mo, but I am working on it.

Hi all, sorry been a bit busy. We had our middle son here with his wife for 11 fun filled days. Then a busy weekend with various events to attend, then I flew to UK to meet our new Grandson "Freddie". His Mum and Dad got married 2 years ago and to say they are over the moon with this little cutie would be an understatement. It was lovely to see him and spend time cuddling him and getting to know him. He was 4 weeks old when I met him. I had 3 days there then flew to Guernsey for a few days, to be with middle son and explore the island, then back to Freddie and it was surprising how he had changed in that 6 days. While there our youngest son joined us and we had a fabulous weekend before I headed back to Turkey. Weight had gone up a bit but not as much as I had thought.

About 3 months ago I had blood tests which showed my resistance was low. Probably explains why I'd had a cold that had lasted weeks. So, while I was in UK I bought Vit B Complex, also Magnesium and Fish oil. I feel I have gradually declined since I had my Hysterectomy 3 years ago, lack of energy, negative thinking, impatience and sleep disturbance. I did try HRT but I blew up with retained fluids, plus Mum died of breast cancer, so I decided not to take the HRT. I hope I find my "get up and go" with the help of the pills. The test also showed my cholesterol was high......

While in UK, I bought a Spiralizer and have made Zoodles twice and both times my DH has commented how much he likes them :) (I fry them in a non stick frying pan in olive oil till just wilted but al dente). I have two downloaded cook books for Spiralizing. Its a great gizmo and I like using it. Suddenly Zucchini is high on the shopping list and not dying in the salad drawer, LOL

Hi Lynne, busy family time sounds wonderful especially meeting the new baby.

Sorry to hear about your health problems. I've often considered HRT but decided against it. I'm sure you'll get your mojo back soon with the vitamins.

I've got a spiralizer too and love it for courgettes. The stores over here now sell ready made spiralized veg which is handy as I'm rubbish at the butternut squash. I'm watching calories and carbs but not really low carb as long as my calories are low and have upped the exercise (walking and gardening only no energy for jillian or the others yet. :)

Hi Lynne, spiralizer sounds like a good plan - I think Suzie was a fan too.

We have tried buying the ready to go ones from the shop but they go off/slimy way too fast so useless. I have been using zero noodles/shirataki recently as part of my fat fast but they are a bit rubbery (DH refuses to eat)

So courgettes sound great - we also often just slice up cabbage (red/white) as our "noodles"

Hiya Lynne!!!! Sorry to hear about the health problems but you are tackling them head on. I'm suffering with all sorts of menopause-related things too, what a blooming pain it is, and doing the same as you - avoiding HRT and turning to herbal remedies.

Sounds like such a lovely family holiday you had - but sorry to hear about your mum xxx

Hi Lynne, spiralizer sounds like a good plan - I think Suzie was a fan too."
- yes I love mine, making courgetti tomorrow :)

I am SO sorry, I seem to be trying to juggle things and I never was good at that. Worse now, it seems. OK an update. We had friends here for 10 days, I put on a lot of weight and lost it in the 7 days after they left. I suspect a lot of it was water weight. So I am back to where I seem to often get stuck. I got a fitness tracker but its not really that thrilled with me because I am not going out walking much owing to the heat (35-41c for a number of days). Thankfully it's cooler this week, but not in full sun, currently 31c. I realise from this gizmo not only how inactive I am but also my sleep isn't so good. The gizmo is giving me something to work on.

Coffeelover and Kat1e, I think the idea of premade spiralised veg is good but as you found, it doesn't really work. I am sure it loses its goodness quickly so I prefer doing it myself. I have only spiralised courgette and carrot so far. I want to do beetroot but haven't seen it in supermarket and haven't visited the markets lately.

Lady Felsham hiii :), hows things?? I hope you are feeling like you are winning the battle. I sometimes feel I am going mad. I keep hoping that I will turn a corner and things will feel right. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Best wishes to all. I AM still around :)

Good luck being back on the wagon

Thanks Marysu, I did well, lost the regained weight and some, in a week! It was pretty spectacular, but since then I have stuck. No losses, no real gains. Just 'marching on the spot'. Its my fault, its so hot I cant bear the thought of going out for a walk. I have swum, but I dont do that for long enough really. We have horse flies here that try to nip me especially when I leave the pool.

Yup, got it, I should stay in it all day, LOL!!!!!

Glad you lost your gain The rest will show on the scale soon. Scales are evil lol

Oh those horse flies are terrible things, I have a few here too - but I got a thing off the net called a Red Top Fly Catcher (they post free to Europe) - £10 each but well worth it, mine started working in 2 days and was full in a week. More on order!

http://www.redtopflycatcher.co.uk/

Oh WOW, that looks fantastic. I will definitely be getting one or two of those!!!! I had bought a packet of carnivorous plant seeds. But not one has come up. Lets face it, it would have been gruesomely amusing. I am going to think about the best way of getting this to me. :) Thanks again.

No worries hun - I ordered five of them about a week ago and they arrived yesterday :). Of course now it's pouring with rain!

Hope everything is ok with you, Lynne, been reading all about the attempted coup and rioting - is it quieter where you are? xxx

Picture it, we a a one horse town up in the mountains. Its VERY quiet here. Of this I am glad but I am so very sorry for those that lost their lives because I believe they were pawns. :'(

It IS awful and I am so upset for those who've died, but have to be careful what I say (incase)......... Its the one fly in the ointment of living here :(

Hi all :) This week the temperature has dipped to something more sane. I actually walked yesterday and didn't suffer. This summer has been a real trial for me and I have suffered. I almost blacked out one day when I walked at 2pm. I was wearing a hat and didn't rush. I arrived dripping and then came over faint and hands were tingling. I was confused and couldn't operate my phone. Had 2 sodas to try to rehydrate but was sweating so badly. Finally managed to call DH and he came to get me. My BP and pulse was low. But I soon recovered. I realise its likely its my lack of fitness and being overweight that is causing me to suffer so in the heat. We have just had our son and his family over. It was SO much fun. Our new grandson is a dream baby, SO easy and happy. My DH didn't know they were coming and he was so freaked about it he fell over and is now wearing a plaster cast because he tore the tendon in his thumb. Made it a little tricky for cuddling our new man, and we now are minus two, yes TWO, bathroom shelves, because he karate chopped them clean off the wall. ooh dear!!!! Its got to be on for another 3 weeks, so I have taken all my precious toiletries into the other bathroom till new shelves fitted after his cast comes off........

I am flying to UK in about 2 weeks to see him again. It will be a time of a lot of walking, which I really need. On the downside, I know I will be eating all the wrong things. But that I accept. I will overall benefit from more exercise and carry on with it when I return here and by eating more sensibly. I've not been BAAAD but I certainly haven't been good.

Oh sweetie you poor thing! I know it's much hotter where you are than me - but anything over 30 and I'm a big mess and just stay indoors with all the fans going! It's true about Englishmen and dogs in the midday sun :).

But how lovely to spend time with your gorgeous new grandson, I bet you can't wait to see him again :).

I know what you mean about a big mess. Some people cope with the heat, -I dont. Its comforting to know the Turks suffer too, so I dont feel such a wimp. Thankfully we do get good breezes in our village, but indoors it can be too hot to do housework, so now its cooler, I am doing "Autumn Cleaning" Its Spring Cleaning but early LOL!!!! As for the trip to the UK, its making me feel all smiley ;)

Picture, if you will, me skipping round gleefully enjoying the cool weather. GOOD. I need to burn off some of the calories I acquired in 12 days of visiting friends and family in UK for 12 days. Coming back to the scales is the penance I paid. Monday I restarted and this is my 3rd weigh-in since then (yes I do weigh daily) and I have lost 4lbs of ugly water...... :p I am feeling very up now, its such a relief not to be suffering the heat and this should be the case through to maybe June or July...... I am happy.

Back