Lynne: Low Carb Fan

Oh sorry Susie, I didn't realise you'd replied. I am doing OK, but definitely haven't the backbone to eat LCHF in restaurants. As soon as I get a menu in my hand, all sense goes out the window! Not upset though, because the weight is going down (and up and down) again. :)

Entitled: "I'm suffering"

Yup, this is Day 3 or me being off the rails. Dave's Birthday, the day after is birthday and today (being guest of a friend). Today was LOVELY and utterly unexpected. When we left the house, we thought we were going for a meal in a little restaurant high above the Fethiye rooftops. Instead our friend decided to take us on a boat trip. We had to go to get the meat for the 'Capitan' to BBQ. So we headed for the supermarket. Our friend marched us to the meat counter and the first thing he said is, "would you like bull testicle. All this meat is cheap" OMG it was HUGE. I realised he was standing at the offal section, and on display was tripe and something he said makes blood in the body (?) All I know was it that filled the tray, and didn't scream 'yummy' at me. I was standing there worried about 'Mal de Mer', as I didnt have seasick pills with me and the thought of tucking into twangy offal was making my blood run cold, so I suggested chicken and (phew) he was happy with that. We ended up heading to the boat with meatballs and chicken. The sea was calm and we almost had the bay to ourselves. It was a truly amazing afternoon and very special. Yes it was gorgeous, but there was Helva (Halva), -you may not know this sweet treat but it acts like drain cleaner on me. :eek: So, I am now in some pain, and making regular trips to the loo, LOL! I figure at this rate I will have undone the last three day's damage by tomorrow
wink.gif

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did. ^_^ xXx

Hi Lynne how is everything going? Just getting caught up on peoples diaries.I find it useful to check in here before the crazy holiday season starts - reminds me to try and be slightly sane for next few weeks
Already planning tons of yummy turkey & meats so I'm not feeling deprived. Dark chocolate and red wine will also keep me happy:)
xx

OMG don't blame you in the least on wanting to give the bull's balls a miss! :eek::eek::eek:

I've never had halva, hopefully you didn't take too long to recover from it.

What's your Christmas plans, staying in Turkey or back to the UK? xx

Hi Kat1e!! Good to hear from you :) I'm OK thanks. Had a hot summer and I am thoroughly glad it has now cooled. The heat was really sending me mad. Anyway, Christmas is coming, we are having the day with friends. On way back from UK in October, I bought some Walkers mince pies. And I know DS and DH have bought chokkies for Christmas..... -oopsy! Other than that, no plans. My 'dieting' stumbles along. I wont give in, but I am too often naughty. So I chug along the same 6 to 10 lbs ad nauseam. But I am happy with whatever. The only way I would be upset is if my weight went up and I couldn't stop it, so, -smiling here.

Susie, I tell you, that display was a total horror. I was in there again yesterday and forgot to get a pic of the display, but apart from the HUGE testicles, there was tripe and maybe spleen or pancreas. I think I will go to my death never knowing the 'delights' I missed. *Ewk* Helva or Halva as they spell it here, is available in UK and I love it, but it loathes me. I am not sure about whether italy would have it, but why not?? Anyway, best to never find out what its like Susie. My tum was upset for 24 hours and didn't settle for days. No we never go back to UK because we wont leave the dogs. We have been lucky that one of our sons has come here three or 4 times for Christmas. But this year we have decided to go to a restaurant, which we have only done once before -ever. Theres a little bunch of us going, so it will be good, I think. What are you planning?

Same for me, hun, a local restaurant with some friends - hopefully someone else will drive so I can have wine. The Italians have a VERY cavalier attitude to drinking and driving (as in, they all do it!), but I don't feel comfortable drinking at all, even if I only have to go five minutes down the road.

TRIPE ewwwwwwwwww. OMG I hate tripe, all offal actually. My dad loved it so Mum would pack us off for the day then boil it in vinegar for hours with a clothes peg on her nose. Vom...not seen halva here, but there's plenty of other stuff to make me feel woeful, as in, the dodgy chicken I had a few days ago. Someone told me that chicken in the supermarket isn't very fresh so if you don't cook it or freeze it as soon as you get home, it can make you sick. It's happened twice to me since I've been here, so will have to be more careful in future.

Christmas treats - hopefully I'll minimise the damage a bit. Never really gone out of my way to eat panattone, but a friend is making me a Florentine style Christmas cake, mostly for expats dropping by. I like a bit of fruit cake but don't go mad. Chocolate will be the thing I'll need to watch out for...

I am 99.99% of the time 'Designated Driver', it has been thus since I passed my test in 1989 and I discovered that the deal where I drink one time and DH drinks next time, had a flaw in it. The flaw was that DH is more in love with booze than I am and would still drink when it was him that was supposed to be designated driver. I got angry (that got me nowhere) so I gave up and I always drive. My DH has actually said that him being the designated driver is a waste because I "only have 2 or three drinks, so its a waste"....... :mad: 'Nuff said....... Some Turks do drink and drive, but I have no idea how common it is, but I do know a lot of them drive like maniacs with no road sense, use mobiles and dont wear seat belts when driving, so driving here is nerve-racking. They dont celebrate Christmas, but they do celebrate New Year, so, I WONT be driving anywhere that night. In fact, there's a chance we will stay home.

Often the chicken in supermarkets here has been whiffy from the off. Ooh thats an apt term, LOL! So when we buy it now, it tends to be from chicken shops, but we have even had a problem with one of them too. Not only did it stink but was covered in yellow slime and that was the day we bought it!!

As for Christmas, -well, I hope we all have a lovely Christmas and we all all regroup after, for confession and fresh resolve, eh

Hi Lynne,
ooh - dont like the sound of the chicken at all! Also agree only safe way to drive is not drinking - but also not being out when all the other loonies are:eek:

Enjoy christmas & no doubt will see many of us in the new year/confession time
xx

Happy New Year to you all.

Christmas was one of eating all the wrong things and suffering for it.

Today is day 1
I weigh 220.4
B: 45.75
W: 41.25 Where IS the waist!!!
H: 46.06 Same here, where ARE the hips! I have measured something. I haven't a clue what!

Neck: 16"

Non flattering photo taken this morning showing the ski slope that is my neck. I have taken it this way because I think I can accurately replicate it in the future for comparison.

2017 has begun, I have hope in my heart.

http://www.fatsecret.co.uk/Default.aspx?pa=memnd&id=61894397

Attachments

• 2017-01-02 10.29.24.jpg
    2017-01-02 10.29.24.jpg
    677.7 KB · Views: 11
Happy New Year Lynne! Your neck looks way better than mine, which is all wrinkly hills and valleys :D.

We all had the same sort of Christmas from the sounds of it - oh well, onwards and downwards! xx

My neck swings when I talk and I have actually spotted people either glance at it or at my bingo wings. So, my diet 'Bud', heres a message...........

Well, I have been told by the Doctor at the hospital (so its really official) that I have to lose weight. So I am. I have to see him once a month. So I have renamed the hospital "Fatfighters".

I went to see him suffering from gerd and food sticking in throat. He has blamed my weight (though I agree, I also blame the vitamin C pill I was taking for the cold I was fighting. Its very acidic and the coating dissolves before I have swallowed it! I think its made my oesophagus and stomach inflamed). Needless to say I stopped taking it but the gerd continued and was freaking me out. Anyway, as soon as I returned to Food Combining, the gerd pretty much stopped, then 4 days later I began taking the meds and now I am fine. The plan is, he takes me off of them at some point in the next month or two and sees how I fare, meanwhile, they are helping me to have a chance to heal, and though I dont like taking pills, I will do it because the gerd was seriously bad.

Last Friday someone commented (without knowing whats been going on), that I looked like I had lost weight!!!! I measured my "Waist on Day one and it was 41", now its 39.5". OK its not slim, but its going in the right direction, and I am following an exercise video too ;)

He told me I was BMI 32 and he wants me to get to a BMI of 22 (145lbs). Really!!!! Hah. IF I managed THAT I would look like a deflated old balloon. No, I don't go by BMI (sorry). I will chug along and continue to aim for a BMI of 25 which is at the very bottom of 'Overweight' (168lbs). Lets see then........ :D

Feeling GOOD ^_^

Welcome back Lynne:)

Glad to hear you are on the mend and feeling good...and well down on getting back on the wagon.

Welcome back Lynne!!!!

So lovely to see you here again, and well done for climbing back on the wagon - and it sounds like you're getting good results already! xxx

Thanks Susie. I was doing well then we had a guest stay for 12 days, and I am still undoing that damage. While I didnt fall totally off the wagon, my foot was caught in the reins and I was hopping along by it...... But anyway, more people are noticing I have lost weight, which is lovely. I hope I lose a bit more before I visit the hospital again, because otherwise I will get a scolding. On a positive note, I went in to see the Doctor last time with my stats converted and once he saw them, he changed his mind and said he wants me to get to a BMI of 25 (rather than 22 *phew*). I will get to whatever I get to. Currently I am 31.5, it was 32.7 before I got rapped across the knuckles at the hospital. I got a Nutribullet because my food processor couldn't cope with making smoothies that had seeds in. Today I had a chard, banana, kefir, linseed smoothie with Nutriblast powder. It was delish. Its nice to experiment, and I will learn. One thing's for sure, its getting more greens into me (and fruit) than I would normally have. I am enjoying using it.

Hello babes - good to hear from you! And lol on the image of your foot stuck in the wagon reins, oh boy is that me at the moment :).

The smoothies sound amazing - I have a Ninja and use it a lot - helped no end by the amazing fruit on offer now the sun is in full bloom! Must be getting really hot where you are? In the 30s all this week phew...One juice I do a lot has spinach, romaine lettuce, pear, apple and orange in it - very yummy!

Hiiiiii :) LOL, yes the wagon thing (one way to burn calories, eh). I so love my Nutribullet. I did tons of research on t'internet, reading reviews and watching youtube vids. I decided I would go for the bullet because it was smaller. As it goes, I wasn't thinking right, because I put away my food processor, so really I could have had the ninja. I love playing around with combos of fruit/veg. I have been unable to find fresh Spinach, so I bought frozen and I just break off a bit and it chills the smoothie down too. I don't like spinach, but its OK in a smoothie. I am excited at the possibilities. Weather wise, today its been thundery. Not cold. I met friends and we sat in the garden under a bit umbrella, while it rained and thundered. It was fun actually. Yes its supposed to be around 29 for the rest of the week. Certainly the weather is cooler and more unsettled than it usually is at this time. This has made Ramadan less of an ordeal for those following it. Only about 10 more days of that to go. I had lost another pound this morning (I weigh daily). The possibility of getting into the onesies is now feeling more real :D I will try your 'recipe'. Some naughty person suggested adding alcohol. OOH!!! No I had better not. I am doing ok on this health kick. I must be hopping along well beside the wagon. I am almost in the seat....... :p

Back