Lynne: Low Carb Fan

A happy accident - and a good result! :)

Glad it tasted good. You can also try using cauliflower as the base, lots of recipes on the web.

Yes, I use cauli a lot. BUT here in the summer, cauli is harder to find because the word 'seasonal' really does apply.

Hey it looks nothing like what I expected.....looks good x.

Morning Gordon ;-) (after your antics with the pizza yesterday) lol x.

Weight back down again. I have run out of ground almonds. I have decided to not go and get more today, and see what effect it has. I prefer Almond MIMs or porridge, instead of a fried brekky, but maybe I have been overdoing it.

Your heading in right direction which is always good to see. Swap brekki see if cutting out almonds gives you a bit of a boost x.

Have a great day x

Thanks Busy. Had remains of yesterday's pizza, for brekky. It was good, but so filling. I think I will have to peruse my options for future brekkies. Not giving up on ground almonds but maybe they are slowing my progress.

Thanks Busy. Had remains of yesterday's pizza, for brekky. It was good, but so filling. I think I will have to peruse my options for future brekkies. Not giving up on ground almonds but maybe they are slowing my progress.

Won't hurt to strip back to clean and green for a week - may even give you a whoosh xx.

A fellow gym-goer has been doing her own low carb diy woe, totally clean and green with only fish and eggs and has had some really good losses.

I haven't entered any foods properly, into Fatsecret, for a couple of days. Sometimes its such a fag and in this hot weather, I would find it hard to believe I have overstepped my carb allowance. I am aiming for 20. But as long as it doesn't go above 30 sometimes, I am happy. Weight down again. Which makes me happy. Today its 32 in shade so far and the breeze is much welcomed. Think I had better do a spot of swimming :)

While shoving slices of butter and garlic into chicken breast, I had to agree, low carbing is SO gooooood :drool:

Morning hun,

Thanks for the links, I had a little read of the second one last night. It's always good to re-visit the literature especially as its been revised. This diet does make more sense, to me anyway.

hope you have a fab day x.

Woo, weight down more. I am wondering if its because I am not having the Almond MIMS and the Almond Porridge. Certainly I am not constipated. Can almonds do that to you?? I can now look down and my top is sort of hanging empty like an old deflated balloon, and my legs feel like they aren't rubbing together as much. Sadly, so far, if I stand sideways and look in the mirror (my worst view) I can still see a horribly big stomach. But I KNOW its smaller because when I look down, I can SEE it is smaller. YAAAAAY! Oh and ALSO, I realise my knees and ankles arent hurting. I have had trouble on and off for years. But its been especially bad in the last two. I am hoping its the lack of wheat that has helped. Long may it stay that way.

Had a quick look through the "30 Minute Atkins Diet Expert" and was dismayed to see the menu plan for one week. It featured Atkins frozen meals and bars! Seems to me that the New Atkins New You is all about making money from you even after you have bought the book. At least DANDR was solely about you losing weight.

Hiya,

Wow!! Great your seeing losses everyday! That's so good x. Modifying the diet and removing mim/almonds has obviously paid off. All in all it's a good trade off for you x.

Have a good one x.

Well done losing some more. Its nice when you can see for yourself that you are getting smaller. Its probably a combination of the lack of wheat and also carrying less weight that has made your knees and ankles a little better but its really good news for you.

Its obviously working for you - I agree that all the new Atkins bars, etc, cant be any better for you than all the other manufactured cr*p on the market even though it is handly sometimes.

Back