Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Abso-bloody-lutely! :D

Thanks Vee. You too! I really want to get to goal this year before I get too old.

I have a great feeling about this year - hopefully we will all get to goal and sailing in Maintenance - great idea about the measurements and pictures that will really motivate you I will do the measurements tonight and write them down - I have the before pictures they are shocking :)

Great idea to take pics, just looked at Carries and they show just how fantastic she's done. I'm not brave enough to post my pics, but will definitely take them in the morning.
So I can look back and see how well I've done.
I have a proper diary where I update my measurements now and then. that's encouraging when I stay on track.

I think everyone should do a monthly progress diary like mine. Your pictures cant possibley look any worse than mine!

Aw Lynne, seriously, you don't look half as bad as you think you do! I'm not going to post any just as yet, but can assure you, you look fine! I don't think I could cope seeing myself in a picture, too much reality for my fragile little mind. But it'll be good for comparison and motivation later on in the process.

Why don't you take some Bee but wait until you lose weight and put them up for comparison?

Yes that's what I want to do. Will take them and save them away somewhere...dark! But I like your idea of wearing something in the picture that doesn't fit very well (or at all) and then a stone on from now you will really start to see changes. There will be no underwear shots though, rest assured :p

Found ya! ;)

Are you going to keep both diaries running Lynne?

I'm feeling inspired to go off and do my measurements! I do have underwear shots - thankfully my face is hidden by the flash! - not sure yet whether I'm brave enough to share. Might be easier to share once I have some progress shots for comparison as suggested :)

Hi SM and Bee. I am going to keep both diaried going because I'm only going to post monthly on the progress one. I hate the pictures, particularly the one of my face because the way the flash lit it up makes me look white and really old! Even though they are embarrassing I still put them up because now I've got to do something about looking better in the ones I take next month. Likewise, I was embarrassed about putting up my measurements but I know these will be better next month if I stick to the diet. Another thing about the pictures is that they show the importance of exercise as well as diet. They clearly show that If I don't exercise I'll get horrible loose skin. Even with exercise it's going to happen to some extent because of my age but I can make it less bad by exercising and looking after what I've got. I've had a lot of stress at work and I think the pictures also show me that so I'm going to try to get more sleep and relax more. So you see, even if you don't like your pictures and you have to force yourself to post them, it can really help - every picture tells a story. However there is no way that I will EVER be posting in my bra and knickers!

12st 8lb this morning. That's 4lb down so far this week. If I stay on track I reckon it will be at least 7lb when I have my weekly weighin on Wednesday. Brilliant. Only downside is I've got a headache and a lot of stiffness in the back of my neck and shoulders today but that's something I'm willing to put up with!

Wow 4lbs gone already, thats really good :)

Well done on the loss so far!
Im sure you will easily have that half stone gone by weigh in day! X

Thanks gals. Really looking forward to official weigh in day as I'm sure everyone else is too!
Week 1 Day 5 (day 4 of actually doing exante but day 5 of weigh in week)
About to have my first pack. Made an espresso with my coffee machine earlier to add to a vanilla shake for a ice cold latte, mmmmmmmmm..........

That latte was delicious! I usually just add a heaped tsp of coffee granules but have to say it is much nicer with a proper espresso added! Will have to start doin this more often! I bet it's nice with the chocolate shake too, will give it a try.

I put a vanilla shake in my coffee once as loads of people were saying how lush it was and i love a latte, omg i was nearly sick! Even the smell was making me retch!
Never again, was a shame though coz was really hoping to like it as its always good to have options x

I tried putting the shake into my coffee but it wasn't as nice although it did mean that a pack lasted a lot longer. It's much better doing it the other way round.

Back