Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Oh wow Lynne, that is great! Watcha got? :D I love cars hehe. If you have a minute, read on James Clear's blog about how habits form and how we can steer ourselves to achieve our goals, it makes a fascinating read and totally panders to my philosophical side :) The gist of it is that we often do it the wrong way around, only be goal-driven but that doesn't actually work. We have to become the person we want to be now and not after x amount of stone lost etc. If we stay the old person we are, we are going to repeat the habits of the old person.

How exciting...hope u have had a good day

How's the car Lynne? And the diet :)

Oh wow Lynne, that is great! Watcha got? :D I love cars hehe. If you have a minute, read on James Clear's blog about how habits form and how we can steer ourselves to achieve our goals, it makes a fascinating read and totally panders to my philosophical side :) The gist of it is that we often do it the wrong way around, only be goal-driven but that doesn't actually work. We have to become the person we want to be now and not after x amount of stone lost etc. If we stay the old person we are, we are going to repeat the habits of the old person.

I am having a quick read of this now. It is quite interesting so far.

Hope you are enjoying your new car.
Hoz your diet going?

Hi, I'm back for yet another new start. 13st 2lb this morning which is 1st 3lb heavier than my best weight last year! Going to try and keep busy today and enjoy the sunshine. Will update my diary and catch up with everyone else tonight and over the weekend.

Welcome back Lynne, it appears the more pressure you put on yourself the harder you find and the less time you set yourself before your holidays the more pressure. I just think it looks like a vicious cycle your putting yourself in and maybe the best thing is to calorie count. Plan your food a day in advance on mfp, that way you can see the calories before you consume them. If you decide your not hungry then don't have it and remove from mfp. I so want you to do well Lynne, I'm just wondering if maybe TS isn't the way for you any more and maybe WS is. Xxx

Thanks Carrie. Today is the first day of 3 weeks off work so going to take it one day at a time - a mixture of TS, WS and calorie counting. I do find it easier to do tS when I'm on leave so should be able to do reasonably well! It's also my 60th birthday next Friday, 23rd May so time is running out!

How is today going so far Lynne x

Lynne...just read your last update and I do remember last year that you did so well when on holiday...so you should get a motivational start

think we both need a bit of luck this time

Thanks Shrimp. I certainly need some luck because willpower is in very low supply. I did fine during the day Susie with a strawberry shake for breakfast and one of those awful red berry bars out of the freezer for lunch. However my son came back from work with a variety of bottles of cider and ordered pizza. Instead of resisting like most people on here do I had 4 slices of pizza and 2 (small. not 1 litre ones) bottles of cider. Was 1/4lb down this morning but that was probably just a fluctuation. Going to have 2 packs today followed by bbq chicken and salad for tea.

Day 1 Saturday 18th May 13st 2lb.
Day 2 Sunday 13st 1.75lb - 0.25 loss

And how many steps are you going for today Lady? X

10000+! Actually I should aim to get my 15000 award!

Oh! Bring on the big number!

I'll have a go!

Good luck sticking to plan today and completing the steps x

Back