Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

65 day countdown to 26th August (28lb loss) and 12 days to 4th July (14lb loss)

Day 1/ 65 Sunday 22nd June: Weight 13st 8lb - Loss 0lb - Total loss 0lb - Target loss 28lb - Still to lose 28lb - today's steps 5727
Day 2/65 Monday 23rd June: Weight 13st 6lb - Loss 2lb - Total loss 2lb - Still to lose 26lb - today's steps *****
Day 3/65 Tuesday 24th June: Weight 13st 6lb - STS - Total loss 2lb - Still to lose 26lb - today's steps *****

Crap day foodwise today. Had a shake for breakfast but then ate my bar on the train on the way to work and it all went downhill from there. I WILL DO WELL TOMORROW!!!!! I really don't know why I'm such a failure at this. But I won't give up. I will not be the fat woman on the beach in Turkey!

Oh Lynne, what are you like?? LOL. Did you eat it because you were hungry or because you knew it was there? I know the feeling. I used to drive from Streatham to Sevenoaks for work and had to stop taking my own sandwiches (wasn't much of a choice for buying food close to the office and sometimes I just never got the chance to go out so used to take my own) because all that had to happen was for me to get stuck in some traffic and I'd start munching on my lunch because it was there and I was bored. On days that I didn't hit traffic it lasted until lunchtime. And on days when I didn't take sandwiches with me and didn't get a chance to get out at lunchtime I used to last all day without eating. It's all such a head game. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

65 day countdown to 26th August (28lb loss) and 12 days to 4th July (14lb loss) Day 1/ 65 Sunday 22nd June: Weight 13st 8lb - Loss 0lb - Total loss 0lb - Target loss 28lb - Still to lose 28lb - today's steps 5727 Day 2/65 Monday 23rd June: Weight 13st 6lb - Loss 2lb - Total loss 2lb - Still to lose 26lb - today's steps ***** Day 3/65 Tuesday 24th June: Weight 13st 6lb - STS - Total loss 2lb - Still to lose 26lb - today's steps ***** Crap day foodwise today. Had a shake for breakfast but then ate my bar on the train on the way to work and it all went downhill from there. I WILL DO WELL TOMORROW!!!!! I really don't know why I'm such a failure at this. But I won't give up. I will not be the fat woman on the beach in Turkey!
oh Lynne we've all been there :) if we'd all just been perfect we wouldn't be here! X you'll get there x

Morning Lynne, we've all been where you are! To be honest I regularly think about food and I think we all do. Just try not to be too hard on yourself otherwise you will be putting too much pressure on yourself. Take it a day at a time x hope you have a fab day xx

Hi Cate I can relate to the sandwiches in the car story! Lynne, take it day by day - as has been said we all have our issues and weak points to don't get disheartened - and you are not a failure!

Hope todays plan worked out for you Lynne x

You can do it Lynne :)

Come on Lynne

Thanks everybody. The support really helps. I was amazed to have lost 2lb this morning. Undeserved but I'll take it! I've always been one for eating my lunch early and then having to buy something but it was about 8am when I ate yesterday's lunch! Did better today because I didn't eat my first pack until 1pm. I think this is probably the best way to go for me because once I've had something I keep thinking I'm hungry. Haven't been 100% today - had one of those little twix biscuits at work - but it's been a much better day by my standards!

Day 1/ 65 Sunday 22nd June: Weight 13st 8lb - Loss 0lb - Total loss 0lb - Target loss 28lb - Still to lose 28lb - today's steps 5727
Day 2/65 Monday 23rd June: Weight 13st 6lb - Loss 2lb - Total loss 2lb - Still to lose 26lb - today's steps 7962
Day 3/65 Tuesday 24th June: Weight 13st 6lb - STS - Total loss 2lb - Still to lose 26lb - today's steps 10521
Day 4/65 Wednesday 25th June: Weight 13st 4lb - Loss 2lb - Total loss 4lb - Still to lose 24lb - today's steps *****

Well done hun. Delighted to hear you've had a better day. Hope tomorrow goes just as well. :)

Hey Lynne, we both had a bad day each.... Lets get back on that horse - even if the food on the journey is a bit naff!! Lmao x

Good loss Lynne, leaving 1st pack till as late as possible always makes it easier for me so perhaps that's the way to go xx

Went to the GP about my leg. He thinks I have sciatica and prescribed naproxen. Also told me I would benefit from losing weight. At one point he asked me what I wanted from him - I said I would like him to diagnose what was wrong with my leg and prescribe something to stop it hurting! Should be seeing the physio soon which will hopefully help. Another not too good day today but planning to make tomorrow a good one - do agree with the doctor about the need to lose weight.

Day 2/65 Monday 23rd June: Weight 13st 6lb - Loss 2lb - Total loss 2lb - Still to lose 26lb - today's steps 7962
Day 3/65 Tuesday 24th June: Weight 13st 6lb - STS - Total loss 2lb - Still to lose 26lb - today's steps 10521
Day 4/65 Wednesday 25th June: Weight 13st 4lb - Loss 2lb - Total loss 4lb - Still to lose 24lb - today's steps *****
Day 5/65 Thursday 26th June: Weight 13st 4lb - STS

Love the 2lb loss. Well done. X

come on you can do this

Sciatica - poor you. You have my every sympathy. Hope it clears up soon. A STS today - that was good. Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Went to the GP about my leg. He thinks I have sciatica and prescribed naproxen. Also told me I would benefit from losing weight. At one point he asked me what I wanted from him - I said I would like him to diagnose what was wrong with my leg and prescribe something to stop it hurting! Should be seeing the physio soon which will hopefully help. Another not too good day today but planning to make tomorrow a good one - do agree with the doctor about the need to lose weight. 65 day countdown to 26th August (28lb loss) and 12 days to 4th July (14lb loss) Day 1/ 65 Sunday 22nd June: Weight 13st 8lb - Loss 0lb - Total loss 0lb - Target loss 28lb - Still to lose 28lb - today's steps 5727 Day 2/65 Monday 23rd June: Weight 13st 6lb - Loss 2lb - Total loss 2lb - Still to lose 26lb - today's steps 7962 Day 3/65 Tuesday 24th June: Weight 13st 6lb - STS - Total loss 2lb - Still to lose 26lb - today's steps 10521 Day 4/65 Wednesday 25th June: Weight 13st 4lb - Loss 2lb - Total loss 4lb - Still to lose 24lb - today's steps ***** Day 5/65 Thursday 26th June: Weight 13st 4lb - STS
but you are trying to lose weight. Hope the naproxen and physio help x

I hope the naproxen help you. They didnt seem to do anything for me. The physio that I am paying for... not tge nhs one :(... is doing wonders though :)

Lynne, I know you said you're not good at drinking water, could you drink something else to keep you on track ? Tea, coffee ?
I add milk to mine. I know your not supposed to, but it helps me. I was in a position years ago, where we rarely had proper milk, for a good few months, only the dried stuff :yuk:, so I think lifes too short to deprive myself that much again !
I also drink diet tonic. Again, it has citric acid in. But it works for me.
It was just a thought :)

Back