M&S wholemeal roll - HEB?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by Clareel, 13 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Clareel

Clareel Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.37%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/ ADF
    I've been using these rolls as a HEB after weighing one and it was 56g.
    Now in the book it states that you can have '57g of any wholemeal bread' as your HEB so it should be fine, but I just so happened to notice that they are 160cal - which would make them 8 syns rather than the usual HEX amount which is 6.

I know there are some exceptions to this rule - i.e. bear granola is a HEB and they are all under 100cal but I was just wondering if it's okay to use them as a B?

I hope so, as they stay fresh for ages and are nice and round and big enough for burgers!

Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    HEXes vary between about 5 and 7 syns. As long as it really is wholemeal (not brown/seeded/granary etc) and weighs 57g you should be fine.

I am surprised it is so high though, it's definitely wholemeal?

4. Clareel

Clareel Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.37%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/ ADF
    Thanks for your reply Ermintrude - yes it's definitely just wholemeal, not seeded or oaty or granary or anything else!

I'm not eating them every day and haven't noticed them affecting my weight loss (it is only 2 syns after all) so i'll keep eating them for now!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.