Mad Old Bat's exercise diary.

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
Saturday is traditionally my day off exercise wise, but as I've decided that I must reform my couch potato habit and bought a Wii 4 weeks ago, I thought as it was raining and I wanted to watch the Tour I'd do 30 mins free step. No guilt then!
After discussion with OH, he is going to construct a platform for the balance board, as it's hardly a step in it's present form, but as I'm so unfit, it still raises my heart rate and I was rather warm!
Last night, whilst in my cups! (a girl has to enjoy life!) I ordered the EA Sports Active game from Amazon (OH has been surprisingly acquiescent about it!) My Fitness Coach is OK, but I'm finding the cardio section which is recommended for weightloss rather repetitive. Couldn't Maya at least vary her arm movements? Everyone on the EASA thread seems to be so positive and the reviews on Amazon are very good, lets hope my joints stand up to it!

So todays total is 30 mins. Corrected! 45 as I did 15 mins with Maya when OH went to the supermarket!

Last edited:
Another 30 mins free step whilst watching the Tour. Not out of breath , but worked up a light sweat, so it's more than I would have done on a chill out Sunday! And my word I can feel a change in my quads! Probably from the plies on MFC, but they are changing shape and just a bit tender! I cannot believe that I am exercising! I have always been a "go and lie down in a darkened room" type of girl, but I can feel ribs emerging, and I'm changing shape, and I feel SO much better! It may not be a Road to Damascus Moment, but to me who's been a perennial couch potato, I look forward to doing something every day, and that's totally alien!

The EA Sports active game came today! I set it up and did the first day of the 30 day challenge! Oh my word! Send for the paramedics! It's FAR tougher than My Fitness Coach! I was dripping with sweat after the first 2 mins! Run/lunge/jump(in line skating) squats! Only 22mins but I really know I've done something! And that's at low intensity!

Day 3 today after a rest day yesterday. Day 2 was very challenging and my thighs were screaming! But todays workout wasn't too bad. The side to side jumps werehard and jumping in thr inline skating (I'm not much of a jumper!) I find the arm exs quite easy, I'll have to get some green theraband from work to make them harder. Then I tried out the punchbag! And finished off with 30 mins freestep whilst watching the Tour. Might do one of the preset workouts tomorrow if I have the energy. Must do some yoga stretches tho.

Well thats Day 4! Higher intensity than yesterday, but I seem to be coping with it better! Definitely finding the lunges and running easier, but G*d they do like their jumping! Rest day tomorrow but I'll try to do something with the toxic Maya!

Last edited:
hey judie , hoew is it goping loving this diary, just thought i would say hi and that you have a diary follower.
tryer

Day 6 today (I seem to have missed out day 5!) I snaffled a blue resistance band and am finding it much better, I can really feel the difference. Wonderful how even this week I can feel a big difference in my fitness since starting SA. I haven't worked as hard as this since I went to the gym! But this is FUN! And I didn't have to brave the pouring rain! And I got to watch the tv while doing 30 mins gentle step.

Day 7 after work! I can't believe how I come in looking forward to doing some exercise! I used to collapse on the sofa after tea until bedtime, now I feel restless if I do't do something!
I don't even hate lunges anymore, and I'm coping much better with the running. Even made a custom workout of the boxing. Boy do you sweat but it gets the frustrations of the working day out!

Hi judimac. Sounds like you're finding a routine that you enjoy, and that you can sustain. I think that's really the trick, not to try and overdo too much that you give up after a week or 2, but to find a good level that you feel you can handle and can enjoy so you stay at it! I find I have more energy myself after working out, and generally sleep better as well. I have a 2 week holiday coming up starting Sunday, but am taking my trainers so I can get some walking in, if nothing else!

Anyhow, good to see you enjoying it!

Finished work at lunchtime claiming time back. It's a rest day today so I thought I'd give one of the preset programmes a whirl! The 20 min easy one at the top of the list. I really enjoyed it! Tho it took me nearly 24 mins! But I burnt 146 cals so I was delighted and got my 1000 calorie trophy! I love stickers and trphies! It brings out the child in me!

Thanks for the encouragement Christie! OH keeps saying "don't overdo it!" But I reckon anyone could do 20 mins a day, and I'm seeing so many benefits! I'm mindful my joints are getting on but my mind is in it's 20's!
I can't believe anyone would be interested in my diary! But you're all more than welcome! :confused:

Day 8! I burnt over 130 cals so very happy. Then did tennis workout and half an hour of yoga and musclework on Wiifit. I can really feel the muscles round my shoulders with stepping up to the blue band. Wicked!

You seem to have won half the exercise battle already-finding something you enjoy doing. You're doing so well, so keep up the good work. I've heard amazing things about Wiifit and Sports Active. I'm seriously tempted to buy a Wii. It'll work out cheaper than a gym in the long run! :rolleyes:

Day 9! Done at 9 o clock! And an upper body custom workout. Then I went and had a look at the preset ones! I think I shall be using those quite a bit in future.

how's it all coming along judi, that is the work outs and the diet?
now i know you are defo fitter so that is great but what about slimming world how is that going?

Hi Tryer! Just finished Day 10 and added in a custom boxing and tennis workout as 99 cals didn't seem worth it! Now I have a pint of water, a towel and a red hot glow after burning 176 cals! :D
I get weighed in tomorrow night. I lost 1/2 lb last week which didn't surprise me as my weightloss usually slows down when I hit the exercises, and to be honest I'm not expecting alot tomorrow either. I haven't done anything different (foodwise)but my thighs feel really quite tight! But I can feel my ribs! It's all coming off from just under my bust and working it's way down! I shall see what happens tomorrow, then if nothing happens I shall consider cutting back on my wine! (it's all synned but to boost everything I may have to do it :eek:)

Last edited:
Lost 1lb last night so the weightloss is going back towards my normal zone (hopefully!) Tweaked my knee doing the tennis today , trust me to overdo it! I'll nurse it along tonight. But had no problem with Day 11 and did the 20 min preset again.

No problems with the knee, and Day 12 under my belt! I can feel ribs!

Missed yesterdays workout! Far too much wine! But back on the straight and narrow today! Day 13 done and dusted by 9 o clock and my tennis. Still feel as if I could do some more, so I'll see how I feel this afternoon, I must get out in the garden in this sunshine.

14 and 15 under my belt! 15 was easy as it was mostly upper body, and that's my strength, but 88 cals is NOT enough! So back to the toxic Maya! 30 mins cardio, which after starting EASA is not half as hard as it was ! So tho I was sweating I wasn't really pushing myself, so I told her everything was "no sweat" and it will be harder next time!
I'm toying with the idea of the MFC one with the boxing, but there don't seem to be many reviews yet, and don't want to buy a dud.

Day 18, short but lots of jumping!Thank God for a good sports bra :D Then 15 mins cardio with Maya on my fitness coach and 15 mins yoga on Wii fit.
In the last 3 weeks I have lost 1/2" off my bust, 1" off my hips and (drum roll!)2 " yes TWO inches off my waist! (and that's with only losing 1.5lbs!)

Back