Mad Ramblings of a Yo-Yo Dieter......

Ahhh I'm so jealous! Sharing a TV with 4 other people sucks!
Well done for doing the workouts and going swimming! How do you find swimming? I'm so tempted some times. ALthough, I'm pretty sure my hair and a swimming pool wouldn't get along.

Hope that your measurements work out well :) Have you taken any before to comare them to?

hi

good luck with the measuring tape, I'll keep my eyes peeled for your results later whatever they may be!

Forgot about biggest loser last night, so I have sky+ the repeats on saturday morning I think :confused:. haven't seen any yet, but looking forward to it..10 stone in 10 weeks :eek: :eek: :eek:..now that's what I call inspirational!..amazing! that would be great for me, but not realistic unfortunately ;)

Hope you enjoyed swimming today, one day I'll have to get some water wings on, like the kids, and go for it! :)

Have a successful day maisie :)

Afternoon all :)

Pink, you should get up at 5.00am like me, surely no-one else would want the telly at that time? ;)

I do find swimming a little dull, but it's good exercise isn't it? And doesn't take too long...... even with stopping for a chat after every few lengths lol, I managed 20 lengths in half an hour. Not loads I know, but my shoulders and arms were aching a bit from this morning's workout! You could always wear one of those fetching swimming caps to protect your hair ;)

Humph - wish I'd not bothered with the tape measure to be honest! My chest, waist and thigh measurements have stayed the same, but I have lost 1 more inch from my hips.... better than nothing I suppose :rolleyes: Pink - when I measured myself after 9 days Shredding I'd lost 2" from my chest, 2" from my waist, 2" from my hips and 1" from each thigh. So, it's now 3" from my hips, but all the rest the same....... :sigh: <grumble grumble, mutter mutter>

No muffins were purchased this morning :D I just sniffed my friends instead lol, no calories in sniffing!

Good news on the inch loss Maisie, I bet you've lost more weight this week, I can feel it in my water :eek:

yes to the sniffing food ;) when the family had their takeaway, I had the aroma, but none of the calories..(as I tucked into my ryvitas!)

Not too far from the weekend now, keep thinking positively :)

Oooooh, Mystic Rose ;) I do so hope you're right, I could really do with a 'good' loss to keep my spirits up :)

Oooooh, ;) I do so hope you're right, I could really do with a 'good' loss to keep my spirits up :)

Here! Here! Maisie. I keep having the STS bit, really annoying isn't it?
As for the swimming - Can't wait till I can get into my cossie! - (Hope I am not repeating myself ) - love swimming and that's about the only exercise I am able to do. And despite my losses I still have a struggle getting into my pantie girdle! Don't know where my weight is going off from.
After having a bit of a blip over two days am happily back on track and hoping for a loss next Monday WI. ...
Will be thinking of you!!...:)

Here! Here! Maisie. I keep having the STS bit, really annoying isn't it?
As for the swimming - Can't wait till I can get into my cossie! - (Hope I am not repeating myself ) - love swimming and that's about the only exercise I am able to do. And despite my losses I still have a struggle getting into my pantie girdle! Don't know where my weight is going off from.
After having a bit of a blip over two days am happily back on track and hoping for a loss next Monday WI. ...
Will be thinking of you!!...:)

Fingers crossed for us all for Monday :D

Hi Maisie
A loss is a loss be it an inch or a 1lb:D
Think how much fitter you are now up to when you stared. Have you noticed a difference in your stamina?

Cardio improvement can never be a negative, its only a win win result if we exercise.;)

Wether id do it at 5.30am is yet to be seen ( yeah right:rolleyes: see that flying pig)

Swimming is sooo boring but sooo very good for you. I get the same bored feeling when on my walking machine.

I think its great how you are doing so much thou Maisie and Monday will show it im sure of it.

Hi Emmaline
will look forward to another memeber being Monday weigh in.

I rekon we all got to have our wits about us with Rose...shes dark horse:D;)

catch you all soon xxx

5am? Are you having a bubble? lol. I don't go to bed until 2, I'm a student darling, ;)

Swimming cap...top priority that, I'll have all of the guys after me in one of those. Nah, you have to be entirely too naked for swimming, far too naked, lol.

Well an inch lost is better than nothing! You're getting there and that's what counts. x

<falls into thread, sweating & panting>

Good morning all <feeble wave>,

God, it was hard work this morning...... think it's because I'm tired, didn't get to bed as early as I wanted to. Thank god it's Saturday tomorrow and I can (hopefully) have a bit of a lie-in!

LFM - yes, my stamina and general strength has definitely improved a lot since starting the DVD :D

I am starting to get ever so slightly bored of it now though :eek: am determined to see the 30 days out though and then I need to re-think my whole exercise-plan. Maybe will continue shredding on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays...... spinning on Wednesdays and swimming on Thursdays. Maybe aim for a very long walk on Saturday or Sunday and then have the other day off......

Pink..... lol, don't fancy joining me for the 5.00am starts then? No? Sure? ;) Swimming.... well, you're not totally naked, what sort of weirdo swimming pools do you go to? :eek:;)

Morning Maisie :wavey:

Hope you've recovered from that energetic workout, still so very impressed with your commitment to exercise :)

I just love the way you type, with your visual images, it makes me smile every day :D

I also really admire the way you didn't give up, despite feeling a bit disappointed at the beginning of the week..any weight loss is a bonus, so I want to 'see' a big smile from you on monday when you hop on those scales and 'mystic Rose' feels optimistic about your result next week!

Hmmm, 'Mystic Rose'...:hmm: I like it! :D

have a good day maisie, hope you get your lie in tomorrow, you deserve it! No lie in for me, my gorgeous little boy has horse riding lessons at 9.15 on a saturday morning..lucky boy!!! :) I might treat myself on sunday morning:rolleyes:..to a lie in of course..NOT a horse riding lesson..good grief, can you imagine it????...poor horse! lol

Last edited:
Afternoon Rose :D

Do you know, I'm actually quite impressed with myself that I didn't completely throw in the towel on Monday! Previously I would have, no question :eek: I credit this site and some of the lovely supportive people on it (yes, you!) for helping to keep me on the straight and narrow :)

Horse riding, how fab :D I did laugh at your comments though! How old is your little boy? :) I have son with special needs myself, he has Autism...... can make life challenging at times, but he's amazing - without sounding too soppy (;)) I wouldn't change him for the world, but I'd change the world for him if I could.

I've been cleaning this morning (never good) and only got a bloody electric shock from the hoover :eek: it was horrible, gave me quite a shock (no pun intended, honest!)....... housework is clearly bad for the health :eek: H came charging up the stairs like a mad-man (I did squeal like a pig though it must be said) and has told me not to use the hoover again! I'd rather get it looked at than replace it though, cost me flipping £200.00 :eek: Actually, I might contact the maker, see what they have to say........

Tummy is rumbling now, so time for lunch ;)

Hi Maise
Electric shock from vacum i use o get from my Dyson i found out it was if the wire touches the extendable pipe bit.

Now id dont let it happen i havent had it.

Horse riding i love horse riding havent been for years. its quiet costly here.
Its one of my ambitions along with wall climbing.

Maisie im sure you posted that you would like a bike but worry about the roads. I dont road ride i pavement ride. Im very polite always stop for pedestrians and ride far away from dogs...why do they all hate bikes lol.

The roads on my block are very quiet its a small area. So i do there. The nicest rides are at 11pm or 1am in the morning in the summer. Theres nothing like it, just you in your bubble. :)

You have to stick with the shredding hun as we are all counting on you, to show us the way;) and if you do give up. you will spend the rest of your life wishing you didn't :(.

Just watching the news, what a terrible earthquake in Japan.

Everyday i see something that helps improve my appreciation for my life and the small steps that are taking me forward in it.

xx

Well done for pushign through and continuing the exercise! But I agree, changing it up would be good, rather than letting yourself get bored and then quit.

Ha!!! Not fully naked no, but swimming costumes don't leave much the the imagination though do they! I'm the sort of person that has at least 2 layers between her and the rest of the world at all times!

Bad times about the hoover, does it have some sort of guarantee? If it's shocked you then just threaten to sue if they dont fix/replace it.

Hope that you ahve a good day :)

Don't worry LFM, I won't give up on the shredding :D I'll see it through to the bitter end ;) Will be day 22 tomorrow..... am not giving up now when I'm so close to the magic '30' ;)

You sound like a very considerate bike rider :) I don't know, I'll give it some thought...... am completely skint at the moment though, so nothing will be happening for at least a couple of months!

Pink - you do make me laugh! Honestly, there's ALL shapes and sizes at the swimming pool I go to and once you've got past that initial Walk Of Terror to the pool no-one can see your size once you're in the water ;)

Unfortunately the guarantee has run out on the hoover but I've heard that the maker (Miele..... or is it Meile - never quite sure!) have a good rep. for customer service. Or I could contact where I got it from - John Lewis - they're usually pretty customer friendly aren't they? Am terrified to use the damm thing now, which is not good with a cat that sheds such an amount of hair every day it's a wonder she isn't bald! My little finger on my right hand, which took the main brunt of the shock, is still throbbing :eek: I have had to have a WW Almond Cake slice to calm my poor nerves ;) (vay nice by the way and only 96 cals!).

Haha, still though....I may give it a go in the holidays....if I'm feeling brave...if i can afford a costume and some boys trunks (the long ones). I'm not even sure if I can still swim!

Well, i hope the company sort it out for you. If it had just broken down that's one thing, but if it's actually hurt you, that's soethign else altoegtehr, so I'd expect them to sirt it out.

Bloody typos, I cba to change them, you can decode them, just think of yourself as an egyptologist having discovered some new heiroglyphs...or...yeh....I'll shut up.

x

Masie you have 2 companies there that have amazing customer services. As soon as Mielle know whats happened im sure they will be on to it.

How far out of gaurantee is it.

All electrical good now are built with a 5 year life span for teh companies to make more money.

Mielle and Bosch are the 2 exceptions they are 10 to 15. there washing machines are the best ones with the inner lining drum being metal... ( not perferated by any bra wires or hair clips, pape clips etc)

If you do get any trouble let me know as there is also the angle of life exspectancy through the original cost price. End of gaurantees dont always mean your rights are over;)

I've just read your diary form the beginning and its had me giggling a few times :giggle:. It's nice to hear about other people getting tempted by the bad (but very tasty) food and the times when you really can't be bothered to do the exercise but you do it anyway.
It's given me a new outlook for when i'm feeling that way. Just get it done and out of the way and no matter what i'll always feel better for having done it.
Well done on the weight lost and please keep writing the diary, I've really enjoyed reading it :D

Pink - it's like riding a bike, you never forget :D Lol, don't worry, I could understand every word - I have a teenager, I'm used to weird and wonderful writing styles ;)

LFM - thank you so much for all your advice. Am going to contact Meile over the weekend, you've given me hope that they'll be helpful! Gosh, I've had it at least 4 years I think...... definitely don't have any original paperwork, receipts or anything...... would that be a problem?

Cooch - aww thank you, I'm glad you've enjoyed my wafflings ;) and I'm glad they've helped you :D I'm tending to see exercise at the moment as a necessary evil, bit like the ironing lol..... not fun at the time, but feel great once it's done and out of the way!

Goodness sake maisie, hope you are okay after your vacuum experience! and that you get it officially sorted out :)

I couldn't for the life of me remember who had said that they had a child with autism, when I joined the forum 3 weeks ago, I KNEW i had read it somewhere :confused: and lo and behold, it was YOU! :) :)
Our pride and joy has just turned 6 and has asperger's syndrome, he is an absolute delight and so very special to us! :) :)

I know what you mean about weight loss and keeping on track, oh do I ever? In the past, my rocky patch is when I lose nothing or very little and THEN I promptly throw in the towel..but that was then....not now ;)

Got my head screwed on properly and if that happens, well I'll listen to my own advice :eek: and focus on the following week...you are an inspiration :D

Have a lovely evening :)

Back