Mad Ramblings of a Yo-Yo Dieter......

Well done MM, reading through you seem to have a great attitude and lose weight consistently, which is fab. Good luck for this week and next Monday's weigh in :)

Me neither Lift! The lady on the phone said she could put me on the "reserve list" in case there are any cancellation, but there were already 2 people in front of me. Who knew exercise was so popular?!

Cheers 7, that's really kind of you to say :D

QUEUING for exercise :eek:..good grief! :)

well that shows how popular it is these days. get in there quick for your place next week, I know how much you were looking forward to it.

Well done for moving all the furniture etc, what a good friend you are :) and a brilliant workout while performing your good deed...win win situation for you maisie :D

It has been snowing here today, so have been indoors, but lets see what tomorrow brings! :confused:

Almost time for bed, so having a quick read then off to dreamland ;)

Hi Maisie
What a shame reg your Spinning, it sounds so exciting too!

I do hope you get in ok, i was lookingforward to the update lol

How rewarding helping your pregnant friend, calories and angel points;)

Hope you have a good day tomorrow.
XX

Shame about the spinning class, I've heard that they're mental though.
The furniture moving deffo deleted some calories! Good stuff.

Will properly catch up tomorrrow, i have brain goo.
x

Good afternoon all :)

I was a bit achy this morning after all the furniture shifting yesterday :eek: but I still managed the Shred - don't think I quite gave it my "all" though as I wasn't sweating as much as I normally do!

Good news is I have booked my place for spinning class next Wednesday :D

Rose - snow FFS? What's that all about? Almost as shocking as people queuing for exercise ;)

LFM - angel points - how sweet! I like that :)

Pink - brain goo? Lol! I feel like that myself a bit today, have been out all day again..... feel like I haven't stopped this week at all and I feel absolutely shattered. Would love nothing more than to curl up in my bed with a good book and a family size bag of Giant Cadburys Buttons :cry: Obviously I won't :eek: but I really feel like I want to........ :confused: which is a bit annoying, it's the first time in weeks I've felt a proper 'craving' for something naughty.

Hi Maisie
A nice warm soak will shift your aches:)

May be your craving is because we always told ourselves we were allowed treats.

( a bit like we do with kids...not good:rolleyes:)

You had a great day yesterday and did some good things so your brain is looking for its reward:eek:.

Keep the wieghing in mind for Monday, oooo, excitement all the way to the scales :D
You would be so dissapointed if you slipped now.

I did it alot these last few weeks, temptation won me over and none of it tasted good enough to out wiegh the "i wish i hadn't done that"

Which kicks in right at the last swallow:sigh:.

Save your dissapointment its not worth it;)

Read an interesting article on salt today I will put some of it up on my thread in a bit.

Im finding the more I know the workings of why i have to eat/drink something, the more im ok with it.

Gol tomorrow :)

Sometimes chocolate craving coincides with totm :confused:

Whatever the reason, hope it passes real soon.

Yes snow snow and more f...(ahem) err SNOW! photos in newspaper up here, one of kids sledging in scotland, other of kids on beach in a spring sunshine warmish day down south??????? yesterday :eek:..what's going on :confused: could be worse though like the tragedy in japan, so I will need to make an effort to stop complaining about a little snow in march!

Hope your aches and cravings are away tomorrow.

Good morning fat busters ;)

Confession time - I had some buttons :eek: However, in my defense (m'lord) I didn't have anything for pudding last night after dinner (ran out of my WW sundaes and forgot to make a jelly) and I'm the sort of person who needs something sweet after dinner, so I had....... <drum roll>....... 8 buttons. Yes, just 8. So I don't think that was too bad actually :D

I'm off to leap around my living room like a lunatic for half an hour now then I'm off swimming at 9.00am so I don't think the buttons will be the cause of anything to worry about ;)

Have a good day everyone :)

Good morning maisie

bet you've well worked off those wee chocolate buttons by now :) and 8 is not a large family size bag :D, so you did really well and still showed self control.

I've been reading all the slimming stories recently and last night I read that slimmers SHOULD give in to a chocolate craving, because a diet should never be all or nothing, as the weight is not guaranteed to stay off that way! so there, you have permission to eat those buttons after all :)

At the moment, I AM doing all or nothing and have given up so much, but I need to to get me well on the road, much further down the line I'll allow myself little treats at the weekend. I had a friend who lost weight, looked fab, and always allowed herself a packet of revels (small packet :eek:) when she went to the cinema every weekend, and it did her no harm on weigh in day!!!! She kept them solely for that purpose and it still worked :)

Hope your day goes well today, I'm out walking soon as sun is shining, crazy weather!

Morning Maisie
Now is this the 5 pence size buttons were taking about or the 50 pence buttons:D.

A button has not been "just" a button for some time. ;)

I had 1 today a white one while taking GD to nursery, forgot about it till i read yours...thats the dangerouse bits too.

Got my fingers crossed for ou for Monday but even more so at the end of your shredding so results can be fully benefitted:D

Gl today.

Good afternoon ladies :D

LFM - I confess, they were the Giant ones, the 50p piece ones :eek: but oh my, they were delicious!

Rose - I completely agree re: depriving yourself for too long is not always the way to do it. It's finding that middle ground isn't it? The difference between a WHOLE bag of said buttons and actually just having enough of them so that my sweet tooth felt satisfied. I admit (I'm no angel!) I could have quite easily carried on scoffing them last night but I didn't. Not least because they're actually my little boy's and he would have been less than impressed if Mummy had hoovered up all his chocolates!

Monday is looming and I need to stay focused! It's a bit of a 'big' day in more ways than one. It'll also be Day 30 of The Shred (hurrah!) so I'll be doing my final measurements too and then re-examining my whole exercise routine :)

LFM - I just wanted to let you (and anyone else who is interested ;)) know I finally got around to emailing Miele today about the hoover :eek: (honestly, I'm not normally this lax, but it's been a bonkers week here for me and I just haven't managed to get around to it!). Thanks again for all your advice :) Fingers crossed for a good outcome from them...... will keep you posted :)

LFM - I confess, they were the Giant ones, the 50p piece ones :eek:

They are to die for LOL
I had to ask :D:D:D

Good one for doing the email.

D day for shredding, i'm realy eager to know the results you must be like a kid at christmas!:party0011::woohoo:

I hope your swim was good fun:)

GL tomorrow
X

Morning all :D

LFM - someone from Miele rang me yesterday afternoon :eek: I was stunned! Have never had a response to any complaint like that so quickly! To cut a long story short, she was positive it was a build up in static that caused the shock and the more she explained how it could happen the more I was nodding along....... hoovering for a long time, all that back & forth action, causing the static to build up and then touching anything metal can cause the shock and as it happens, it was just as I was going from son's room back to the hallway over the metal carpet runner. She also explained that Miele hoovers have an 'anti-static' strip on the back on the handle which you should touch at least every few minutes but because 1. I was not aware of it and 2. I have little hands so they don't always reach the back of the handle - I wasn't always touching it. So, all is well, I was happy with what she had to say and then went on to hoover the downstairs (while ensuring I touched the strip!) and it was perfectly fine.

Top marks to Miele :D

Anyway, enough of my boring hoover saga ;) How is everyone today? Full of beans?! I've just done my shred (bit late today as my little boy is off school poorly so didn't need to get up so early) and am feeling full of motivation and very positive :) 3 days until weigh in and measuring day and I'm looking forward to both :D

HI Maisie
Sounds like your on for a good day!
Briliant news about vacum, i love a company that takes pride in thier reputation.

With your body measuring have you done your metabolic rate (BMR) with it and how have you found it, if you have?

BMR Calculator

I started filling out the form last night and when it said meaure parts of my body:eek: i left it lol.

You know what im like when it comes to confirming that my thihs are longer and wider than the motorway around london:eek:

Sad news your lads not well, i hope hes more comfortable now and gets better soon.

Catch up later.
x :)

hello Maisie

sorry to hear little one is not well, what a shame. Hope its not too serious..we have scarlet fever doing the rounds up here :eek:

Good news on the vacuum, that's what we want to hear, a company answering your complaint efficiently and swiftly :)

Good luck today, the clock is ticking :eek:

LFM - I wish I hadn't done those calculations, how depressing! :eek::cry:My waist to hip ratio is in the "at risk" category and my body fat % is in the "obese" category!

Aww, thanks Rose. It's just a bad cold really but he's got a high temp and a nasty cough and is generally feeling rather sorry for himself. OMG @ scarlet fever :eek: I thought that had been pretty much wiped out?!

Back