MadameLaMinx's Syn Free Salt and Pepper Chicken/Chips

Bump tea for tomorrow me thinks

yum it really nice i added a chillie and a dash of soy sauce for an extra kick of heat thanks for the idea

Made this with chicken was yummy :) thanks for sharing

Definitely going to be trying this soon! I'm known for overdoing the salt and pepper things at the chinese

I have been so tempted to binge lately, I was just looking for something yummy (and on plan) for tomorrow, and I think this will do very nicely :)

Might throw in chicken and chips :D and syns left for a little choccie!

Totally tasty and used 3 chillies. Normally I get horrendous indigestion and a sore stomach after eating very spicy food but having lost some weight does not seem to be a problem any longer! This is so tasty. I have never had it as takeaway so have nothing to compare it to but thanks. Just had leftovers in an omelette ad that was great too.

I am going to make this at some point this week but don't have any fresh chillis, I do have some Dorot frozen chilli cubes (pic attached) which says 1 cube = 1 tsp..how many cubes do you think I'd need to use for this recipe??

ForumRunner_20120805_110536.jpg

Each of my chillies made about 2tsp I think, so depends how hot you like it. I'd say between 4 and 6 if they are fairly spicy

peacelily said:
Each of my chillies made about 2tsp I think, so depends how hot you like it. I'd say between 4 and 6 if they are fairly spicy

Thank you, I haven't tried the chilli cubes yet but I think if I made it for just myself I'll try 1 or 2 and taste as I go along!

Thanks, This sounds gorgeous, will definitely be trying at the weekend - though with less chillies as the fella isn't as good at spices at me! (Not good when I persistantely make things too hot for me even, haha!)

Absolutely gorgeous.... I put in loads of chilli and loads of salt and pepper.... My family complained how spicy it was ur I thought it was amazing..... And it's lovely cold the day after.

I always cut my chips/wedges (mostly wedges and I leave the skins on) put in a bowl, micro for 4-5 mins then chuck in a baking tray with fry light and salt and they always come out fab and they are more or less cooked in the middle so just whack them up to crisp and the salt helps with that :)

Thanks for this tip.....mine always turn out a bit dry.... did them your way and perfect :D

Tried the salt and pepper recipe with chips and lush. I had no fresh chillies so used the frozen cubes (x2) would maybe use an extra one next time. At my takeaway they do this with crispy chicken so I might try and syn up a crispy coating for when I try with chicken....any ideas gratefully received.

sloane46 said:
Tried the salt and pepper recipe with chips and lush. I had no fresh chillies so used the frozen cubes (x2) would maybe use an extra one next time. At my takeaway they do this with crispy chicken so I might try and syn up a crispy coating for when I try with chicken....any ideas gratefully received.

Dip chicken chunks in egg then whoe meal breadcrumbs I make my bread crumbs in food processor. I would fry for couple of mins before adding to other ingredients. You can use breadcrumbs as heb then. Ivenot tried this myself jus an idea. I make crispy chicken this way and it's nice so don't see why it wouldn't be nice as salt and pepper breaded chicken.

Dip chicken chunks in egg then whoe meal breadcrumbs I make my bread crumbs in food processor. I would fry for couple of mins before adding to other ingredients. You can use breadcrumbs as heb then. Ivenot tried this myself jus an idea. I make crispy chicken this way and it's nice so don't see why it wouldn't be nice as salt and pepper breaded chicken.

Thanks Chantsy will give this a go.

Tried the chicken a week ago and it was lush - Will be having it again this week I think either tomorrow or Wednesday :) It's opened my eyes to spring onlions too, mad as it sounds I love onions but never ate spring onions - it's a great way of getting that extra bit of veg in as it's so nice

Back