MadameLaMinx's Syn Free Salt and Pepper Chicken/Chips

MadameLaMinx

Gold Member
Mr LaMinx came home last night with some Salt and Pepper chips from the chip shop, which I personally love and did accidentally have a few of. But it got me thinking if there was a way to make it SW friendly, so today I found a recipe and adapted it to make it totally syn free - for red or EE days.

As an alternative, free for a green day, you could make the SW chips as per recipe, and then follow the recipe below, simply substituting the chicken for the chips.

Ingredients

Chicken breasts (I used 4, and that gave 3 of us loads each) chopped into strips.
2 onions, sliced so they made nice circles
4-5 cloves of finely chopped/minced garlic
a bunch of spring onions topped, tails, and chopped into small bits.
3-4 green or red chillis (I used 4 finger chillis which are rated hot, if you dont like very spicy stuff, drop down to a medium heat variety)
a green pepper (I didnt have a green one so I used a yellow one instead) chopped into small chunks.
sea salt
black pepper

Liberally frylight a wok or large frying pan and heat up.
Add onions and green pepper to pan, and fry over a medium heat so they soften up nicely.
Add garlic, spring onions, chillis to pan and fry for a further minute or so.
Add chicken strips.
Throw several large pinches of sea salt and pepper over the chicken.
Fry the whole bally lot together, stirring repeatedly until the chicken is cooked through.

Serve with a side salad of superfree for red days, or with boiled rice or even SW chips for an EE day.

It is REALLY REALLY tasty. I promise!

Last edited:
mmmmmmmm does sound yummy.

Thanks - I have just been looking for a recipe for Salt & Pepper Chicken so will give this a go, hopefully this week sometime x x

This looks amazing will have to try it, thanks for the recipe! x

Just bumping so i remember to make this tomorrow! Thank you MLM xx

MadameLaMinx said:
Mr LaMinx came home last night with some Salt and Pepper chips from the chip shop, which I personally love and did accidentally have a few of. But it got me thinking if there was a way to make it SW friendly, so today I found a recipe and adapted it to make it totally syn free - for red or EE days.

As an alternative, free for a green day, you could make the SW chips as per recipe, and then follow the recipe below, simply substituting the chicken for the chips.

Ingredients

Chicken breasts (I used 4, and that gave 3 of us loads each) chopped into strips.
2 onions, sliced so they made nice circles
4-5 cloves of finely chopped/minced garlic
a bunch of spring onions topped, tails, and chopped into small bits.
3-4 green or red chillis (I used 4 finger chillis which are rated hot, if you dont like very spicy stuff, drop down to a medium heat variety)
a green pepper (I didnt have a green one so I used a yellow one instead) chopped into small chunks.
sea salt
black pepper

Liberally frylight a wok or large frying pan and heat up.
Add onions and green pepper to pan, and fry over a medium heat so they soften up nicely.
Add garlic, spring onions, chillis to pan and fry for a further minute or so.
Add chicken strips.
Throw several large pinches of sea salt and pepper over the chicken.
Fry the whole bally lot together, stirring repeatedly until the chicken is cooked through.

Serve with a side salad of superfree for red days, or with boiled rice or even SW chips for an EE day.

It is REALLY REALLY tasty. I promise!

Oh my days, just made this, totally lush!!! Just what i needed! yum yum!!

I live in Scotland. We don't have the same laws. Our asda was open as normal. Salt and pepper chips were had for dinner and they were delicious.

dozza1982 said:
I live in Scotland. We don't have the same laws. Our asda was open as normal. Salt and pepper chips were had for dinner and they were delicious.

Can't wait to try these just missing the onion!
Yum yum

So pleased that this is being enjoyed! I might make it tomorrow myself, but will have to be the chips version as I went veggie five months ago and don't eat chicken any more!

just found tomorrow's dinner :) :)

Back