Madchef's Diary

Not having a good time, put on another 1lb and my waist is back up to 42", mind you I have not been feeling too well sooo...........

My brother is coming down from Scotland for a couple of weeks in 10 days time so my weight regime will definitely to to pot, I am officially depressed :sigh:

Don't get depressed that's the worse thing you can do . It's the sloppy road to weight gain. Enjoy your time with your brother but tell him that he's going to eat a low fat diet and not the other way around. He's in your home he will eat what you give him. Make him healthy too.

You've done great so far. Chin up and smile. You'll conquer it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oops stupid phone. That shouldn't say sloppy road just slow road :)

Oops stupid phone. That should say slow road not sloppy road :/

Thanks toofatkat, I am getting better and being Sunday, my official weigh in day just for me, I am nigh on back down to 239 and my waist down to 41.5".

Went shopping at my local Morrison's and got some wholemeal rice and pasta and some really gorgeous Sausages, don't' gasp in horror :) They are called "Skinny Lizzie" only 87 calories per sausage and .9 g fat, so 2 of these, grilled of course, in a Pitta bread = 345 calories with only 2.9 fat for a really delicious and filling meal.

The other thing I bought was Morrison's own "Seeded Tortilla Wrap" 175 calories n 4.4 g fat. I found they are so tasty, cutting them in half, folding the halves and popping them in my toaster, which I have adjusted the temperature for them and my pittas, they are so tasty I find they fill that empty feeling at night when you fancy a packet of crisps, and these are tastier and crispy. Morrison's also do the most gorgeous NO fat natural yogurt which I have on my cereals in the morning, yummy.

So I am back on track, thank you all for your support, and yes my Bro will have to be on a low fat diet with me, other than the day I take a friend for her Birthday treat to the Famous Enoch's Fish Bar in Llandudno Junction ENOCHS FISH & CHIPS – The Home of Great Fish & Chips, North Wales., a special treat for all of us :D

I am a bit despondent, I rang my Doctor yesterday for a repeat prescription and was really chuffed with myself, last month I had gained a kilo but even with my Brother down for 2 weeks I had acutally managed to creep, just, under the 180/238 lbs meaning I was a smidgen under 17 Stone and I was elated and then he dropped the bombshell! :eek:

With economy cuts in the NHS I had to start really dropping at least a kilo or so a month to stay on Xenical, I was devasted, it has really knocked the stuffing out of me as I was thinking I was doing so well IMO :mad:

I don't understand the NHS thinking cos as long as we, the overweight/obese people area trying surely they are winning!

BUT if my Doctor doesn't continue to prescribe for me I will go to another Doctor in the group as I am so determined to get my weight down this time FOR GOOD, I am just cross with their thinking they should be supporting us not taking the rug from under our feet surely?!

I have been told that really I should be loosing 2kgs (4.4lbs) a mth min otherwise I will not achieve my target of 10% in 6 mths and if I don't no more xenical!

I have just worked it out & to lose 10% in 6 months I need to do 1lb a week on average......

Do they not realise however that sometimes we need a little more help, they treat drug addiction, alcohol addiction, can they not see we too suffer from an addiction????

You are doing brilliantly my love, don't let them knock you down x

I have just worked it out & to lose 10% in 6 months I need to do 1lb a week on average......

Do they not realise however that sometimes we need a little more help, they treat drug addiction, alcohol addiction, can they not see we too suffer from an addiction????

You are doing brilliantly my love, don't let them knock you down x
Thank you so much and I totally agree with your comment, if I was a drug addict boy could I get help and masses of financial help as well, the system is not fair to us suffering with our weight problem that is the truth.

Today being Sunday I weighted in and have managed to lose a tiny bit, down to 237lbs which is 107.5 kilos but by the time I see my Doc I need to in the 106 kilos and I can't see me doing it although I will try. It's getting so hard now to keep motivated but I am still trying, some would say "very trying" ;)

I am now off Xenical, have been since before Xmas and boy does it make a difference. my weight spiralled up to 254lbs :eek: I just had to much cheese, my absolute downfall and other goodies over the Christmas n New Year. I have managed to get some of that off and am now down to 249 lbs and am continuing with my low fat diet most of the time. The stupid thing is that my body likes being about 17.5 stone, when I was working, really hard as a Chef me weight was that.

Anwway I will continue to watch my weight and diet. Thank you all for your support during these past months. Keep up the good work :wave_cry:

Hi welcome back I wondered where you'd gone. I know what you mean about being a certain weight I'm doing the same thing. It's annoying

Back