Madchef's Diary

Fantastic weight loss hun, well done! I've heard a lot about vinegar being able to treat so many things :)

Happy Anniversary Joany :flowers:

That's a great loss well done. Enjoy choosing the bras you'll be buying lots of new clothes for the slimmer you.

Awww Joany, I'm so pleased for you hun!!! A massive well done! I bet you're so proud of yourself, and you should be!!! :)

Fantastic weight losses - well done on hitting the 4 stone mark...i look forward to reading your diary updates. xx

Went to the Docs yesterday for a check up and weigh in, he is just so proud of me, he showed me a graph on his PC that he done for my weight loss and it showed a really good downward line, even with my Op it didn't go up which he was amazed at. On his scales I weighed in at 108kilos 239 lbs which is what my scales are showing at present so I don't know what happened when I shot down to 106 :eek: but the main thing is that I am still losing albeit slower than I was. I have adjusted my ticker n statistics to show his weigh in as I don't want to cheat myself.

At my request I am going for a cholesterol test on Friday cos as he said it must have come down from the high 6.6 that I was a couple of years ago but we want to know by how much ;) Will let you know next month on the result.

BTW but I have still lost 4 stone, well nearly :happy036:

Last edited:
Well done, this is brilliant!...and you've lost 18% body weight and your bmi is amazing too! I had my cholesterol checked when I started anfd it was just under 2.5...the Dr was shocked as it was so low! ;)

I think it goes to show that just because you're on the hefty side doesn't naturally mean you're going to be really unhealthy and I think that's what shocked her, I don't eat meat and fish and I think it shocked her how much good food I did actually eat ;)

I think it goes to show that just because you're on the hefty side doesn't naturally mean you're going to be really unhealthy and I think that's what shocked her, I don't eat meat and fish and I think it shocked her how much good food I did actually eat ;)
I think the common image of people when they look at a overweight person is that we eat loads of rubbish. I am not saying that is not true in a lot of cases but in mine it is definitely not. I never ever go to a MacDonald, about once every 5 years to a KFC although I admit to go to a reward winning Fish n Chip shop about 4 times a year. I very rarely get a takeaway, don't own a Fryer or use a frying pan and I am the envy of all slimmers as I don't have a sweet tooth or like chocolate :eek:

What I do have is a sluggish metabolism and my biggest downfall is a love of savoury foods especially CHEESE in any shape or form and I do have a weakness for pizzas :eating:

I don't like sport in any form, not even watching it and never been a person for exercise but I do keep myself busy, as a young person I used to do modelling as I had a figure to die for but never had to diet, make people green with envy but when I had to start steroids for asthma the weight spiralled but fortunately this past year I have not had to take any hence my weight as at long last managed to come down. It's stuck at the moment, but I am not gaining, I think that is because I am just sick of watching everything I eat but I will get there cos I want to NOW :)

I think the common image of people when they look at a overweight person is that we eat loads of rubbish. I am not saying that is not true in a lot of cases but in mine it is definitely not. I never ever go to a MacDonald, about once every 5 years to a KFC although I admit to go to a reward winning Fish n Chip shop about 4 times a year. I very rarely get a takeaway, don't own a Fryer or use a frying pan and I am the envy of all slimmers as I don't have a sweet tooth or like chocolate :eek:

What I do have is a sluggish metabolism and my biggest downfall is a love of savoury foods especially CHEESE in any shape or form and I do have a weakness for pizzas :eating:

I don't like sport in any form, not even watching it and never been a person for exercise but I do keep myself busy, as a young person I used to do modelling as I had a figure to die for but never had to diet, make people green with envy but when I had to start steroids for asthma the weight spiralled but fortunately this past year I have not had to take any hence my weight as at long last managed to come down. It's stuck at the moment, but I am not gaining, I think that is because I am just sick of watching everything I eat but I will get there cos I want to NOW :)

I agree, I think people naturally think we all eat caked stil they come out of our ears, we do obviously have some bad habits, but it's a shame people have to be so judgemental. I've been to KFC once in my whole life, and Burger King maybe 5-6 times, I don't think they're as nice as McDonalds, when I'm there I'd have frieds and cup of tea, I'm too afraid to eat there because of what people think!

I do hear you with the cheese hun, I absolutley love the stuff!! I love a three chesse pizza with extra cheese on think dough :drool: I haven't had pizza in a very long time, I think it's because nothing beats a realy fresh pizza :)

I do love chocolate, turkish delight and coffee creams and Hersheys are my favourite, that's my downfall, how lucky that you don't like the stuff :eek:

At least you're not gaining and at some point we stand still for a while, I know you will get there, you've come a long way and you're looking fab! :D

Thanks Bunny-hops, I must admit to still have a pizza or two but fortunately for me my local discount shop, Aldi, has a new pizza which is topped with a lovely selection of vegetables and a minimum of cheese, the whole one is 660 calories, can't remember the fat content but it doesn't give me the orangies so I am happy to give myself a treat occasionally. I also always have in some low fat cheese slices as with a couple of Quorn burgers topped with these stuffed in a pita bread I can have quite a tasty, but healthy Cheese burger ;)

My nephew gives me a stack of frozen foods by a local top quality firm, they don't pass quality control as they have frozen misshapen so they are sold to the staff for pennies, the only thing is that they do not have an information label on them so I don't know the fat and calorie count in them. I have been having one of these with a large jacket potato and normally a green vegetable like broccoli, my favourite, for my dinner at night as I felt I wanted to get back to eating a so called normal evening meal and I have started to lose again :bliss:

I weighed in this morning at a fraction under 237 lbs a loss of just under 2 lbs since my weigh in at the Docs he will be pleased, nearly as much as me. My waist has not gone down but it will soon I am sure.

I thought I would post one of my days menu to see if you can see any slip-ups.

I don't get up early so for Breakfast/brunch I have Instant Oat Cereal with Syrup flavouring, I just cannot take the plain one, I top this with some natural yogurt as I can't take milk.

Lunchtime/Tea Pita breads stuffed with ham, tomatoes and lettuce sometimes with a spoonful of cottage cheese

Dinner; A frozen meal, last night it was BBQ Pork ribs with jacket potatoes.

Supper/bed time a Cup a Soup.

I do NOT pick in between meals at all, I drink black coffee, unsweetened and at least a litre of sparkling water with Apple Cider Vinegar. I think my calories are about 1500 per day and I rarely get the orangies so the frozen meals must be low in fat.

It has taken me a while to get down to that calorie count but I have and it is working for great or what :D

Thanks Bunny-hops, I must admit to still have a pizza or two but fortunately for me my local discount shop, Aldi, has a new pizza which is topped with a lovely selection of vegetables and a minimum of cheese, the whole one is 660 calories, can't remember the fat content but it doesn't give me the orangies so I am happy to give myself a treat occasionally. I also always have in some low fat cheese slices as with a couple of Quorn burgers topped with these stuffed in a pita bread I can have quite a tasty, but healthy Cheese burger ;)

My nephew gives me a stack of frozen foods by a local top quality firm, they don't pass quality control as they have frozen misshapen so they are sold to the staff for pennies, the only thing is that they do not have an information label on them so I don't know the fat and calorie count in them. I have been having one of these with a large jacket potato and normally a green vegetable like broccoli, my favourite, for my dinner at night as I felt I wanted to get back to eating a so called normal evening meal and I have started to lose again :bliss:

I weighed in this morning at a fraction under 237 lbs a loss of just under 2 lbs since my weigh in at the Docs he will be pleased, nearly as much as me. My waist has not gone down but it will soon I am sure.

I thought I would post one of my days menu to see if you can see any slip-ups.

I don't get up early so for Breakfast/brunch I have Instant Oat Cereal with Syrup flavouring, I just cannot take the plain one, I top this with some natural yogurt as I can't take milk.

Lunchtime/Tea Pita breads stuffed with ham, tomatoes and lettuce sometimes with a spoonful of cottage cheese

Dinner; A frozen meal, last night it was BBQ Pork ribs with jacket potatoes.

Supper/bed time a Cup a Soup.

I do NOT pick in between meals at all, I drink black coffee, unsweetened and at least a litre of sparkling water with Apple Cider Vinegar. I think my calories are about 1500 per day and I rarely get the orangies so the frozen meals must be low in fat.

It has taken me a while to get down to that calorie count but I have and it is working for great or what :D

That pizza sounds really good at 600 for the whole thing, that's really quite low in cals, pissibly one of the lowest I've heard of and the burgers sounds yum! I might do those for the kids next week :)

Your food sounds really lovely actually. I love porridge, I used to live on the stuff, quite literally twice a day I'd have a huge bowl of the stuff..have you tried the apple and blueberry oat so simple? My little one loves that :)

It all sounds good, I'd definitely watch the potatoes, they're quite high in carbs and will turn to sugars quite quickly, especially if we can't burn them off, maybe you could switch to wholemeal pitta if you don't have them already. Brown carb foods are better than the white ones.

You're doing well to be loosing again though hun, so well done and I bet your Dr will be so pleased with you too!

It all sounds good, I'd definitely watch the potatoes, they're quite high in carbs and will turn to sugars quite quickly, especially if we can't burn them off, maybe you could switch to wholemeal pitta if you don't have them already. Brown carb foods are better than the white ones.
Thanks for that I will remember that tip about the potatoes, are rice n pasta as bad? I don't eat bread anymore just wholemeal Pita bread. My Doctor is very against processed bread he says it stuffs n fattens the liver, after I stopped eating it I really noticed the difference as I lost that bloated feeling!

Thanks for that I will remember that tip about the potatoes, are rice n pasta as bad? I don't eat bread anymore just wholemeal Pita bread. My Doctor is very against processed bread he says it stuffs n fattens the liver, after I stopped eating it I really noticed the difference as I lost that bloated feeling!

I read up about complex carbs which we do need and those are the brown foods the white processed ones are the bad type and they'll bog us down. I finally got my children on to wholemeal bread rolls and they said they like it a lot more than the stodgy white :)

the ribs wont be that wonderful though. - delicious mind you,

I read up about complex carbs which we do need and those are the brown foods the white processed ones are the bad type and they'll bog us down. I finally got my children on to wholemeal bread rolls and they said they like it a lot more than the stodgy white :)
I normally eat wholemeal Pitta bread, rice n pasta, although I don't like the wholemeal type, don't know why. I do wish more parents would get their children on Wholemeal bread, when they are old enough, as it so much better for them, besides being tastier and filling than that horrible steamed white stuff. I have cut back on the Jacket potatoes as I was finding I was beginning to eat too much, back onto pasta and rice with pots just once or twice a week. Thanks for the heads up.

Went to the Docs yesterday, I have had a mixed month, early on I lost another kilo, down to 107 but then overindulged this past week on fruit and shot up to 109, so I gained but it's the first time in nigh on a year so I am not getting upset over it, neither is the Doc. What was upsetting is that my cholesterol lever has only dropped 1 point from 7.1 to 7 which upset me but he said not to as the good ones were down and it was obviously generic, which means however much weight I lost and however much I changed my diet it won't really helped soooooooooo he has put me on a low (ish) dose of Statins and will do another test in a couple of months. The first thing I asked him was will it make me put on weight, he grinned and said No, hee hee.

The good news is that I am down to 41.5" on my waist :)

I normally eat wholemeal Pitta bread, rice n pasta, although I don't like the wholemeal type, don't know why. I do wish more parents would get their children on Wholemeal bread, when they are old enough, as it so much better for them, besides being tastier and filling than that horrible steamed white stuff. I have cut back on the Jacket potatoes as I was finding I was beginning to eat too much, back onto pasta and rice with pots just once or twice a week. Thanks for the heads up.

I totally agree! I hate white bread! I haven't bought a loaf of bread in months, I refuse to!..I buy wholemeal bread rolls, the soft ones and the kids love them. The only time I buy anything white is when I'm doing hotdogs, and they have a white finger roll, but even they get wasted now.

Went to the Docs yesterday, I have had a mixed month, early on I lost another kilo, down to 107 but then overindulged this past week on fruit and shot up to 109, so I gained but it's the first time in nigh on a year so I am not getting upset over it, neither is the Doc. What was upsetting is that my cholesterol lever has only dropped 1 point from 7.1 to 7 which upset me but he said not to as the good ones were down and it was obviously generic, which means however much weight I lost and however much I changed my diet it won't really helped soooooooooo he has put me on a low (ish) dose of Statins and will do another test in a couple of months. The first thing I asked him was will it make me put on weight, he grinned and said No, hee hee.

The good news is that I am down to 41.5" on my waist :)

You've only had one gain in a year, that's really good going!! I'm surprised your cholesterol hasn't moved but it seems it could be a sticker, hopefully the medicines will help! Well done on the wasit loss :)

Back