Made it half way ~~ would like some buddies for mutual support

DeeOne_UK

I started my weightloss journey last may @ 22st. Began with calorie counting, then on to Juddd in July. I'm surprised To have lost 5st so far considering i'm in my 50's, been overweight since a child and never lost over 2st without falling off the wagon and piling on even more pounds than I struggled to lose.

Its wonderful get half way :), although it hasn't been easy or very fast due to my lupus & mobility issues. Its always 2 steps forward 1 backward with me, but I feel with the alternative day fasting is working for me, even when i fall its easier to get back on track <500 fasting days & 1800 on normal days means I don't feel as deprived as I do on a daily restrictive diets.
This year I want to try some regular gentle exercise & reach my 14 st goal for my birthday in August, then hopefully down to 12st & out of the overweight bmi category by the end of the year.

I think my biggest battle this year is an emotional one, firstly to believe I can see it through, secondly to accept although I wont end up with a great looking body ie saggy bits & loose skin etc that the health benefits will be great, and thirdly how I'll adapt to being slim, something I've never experienced. So I've decided to post here, make a few buddies (open to offers lol) & offer support where I can.

Hi Dee first let me start by saying a huge congratulations. You should be so proud of yourself. Your right to join minimins the people here are really nice and will keep you motivated on your journey. Best of luck xXx

Hello, and welcome! Very well done on your great progress so far. :)

Gosh, you sound so much like me!! I'm 50, started at 21.5st, have had weight issues all my life, and have ME, rather than Lupus, and severe mobility issues. I started out a bit sooner than you, in Aug 2011, and have lost over 7.5st now and am in the overweight category - much better than morbidly obese, lol. I do calorie counting, and have looked at JUDDD with interest but never embarked on it. I do a form of daily fasting, actually, where I fast for 14 hours most days, which suits me nicely.

I will follow your progress with interest, and maybe we can cheer one another on, as a couple of oldies! :) xx

Hey Shanna & Tracey, thanks for your responses, we are all at different stages but all started off @ around the same weight so I'll enjoy watching your progress..

Shanna - I see your just starting out with WW ~ good luck hun & let me know how it's going. :)

Tracey - well done on your 7.5st loss ... wow just a couple more to go..wonderful :)

Confession time
I'm trying to do a moderate carb.. 80/20% healthy/junk eating plan,.... But today I was out ( more scans) & gave in to the temptation for a large portion & cod & chips, not had that for a year. It probably took my whole 1800 allowance for today but I enjoyed it plus I couldn't say no to some nice desert. (wonder if i can count that as my 20% for the week or maybe month lol)
I have to see this as a WOE for life rather than just for the weight loss so the occaisional free day banishes my deprivation demon for a while so I can get back to being good tomorrow.

Carbed up Dee xx

Last edited:
DeeOne said:
Hey Shanna & Tracey, thanks for your responses, we are all at different stages but all started off @ around the same weight so I'll enjoy watching your progress..

Shanna - I see your just starting out with WW ~ good luck hun & let me know how it's going. :)

Tracey - well done on your 7.5st loss shanna wow just a couple more to go..wonderful :)

Confession time
I'm trying to do a moderate carb.. 80/20% healthy/junk eating plan,.... But today I was out ( more scans) & gave in to the temptation for a large portion & cod & chips, not had that for a year. It probably took my whole 1800 allowance for today but I enjoyed it plus I couldn't say no to some nice desert. (wonder if i can count that as my 20% for the week or maybe month lol)
I have to see this as a WOE for life rather than just for the weight loss so the occaisional free day banishes my deprivation demon for a while so I can get back to being good tomorrow.

Carbed up Dee xx

Oh I agree completely! I had a treat day on Saturday - ate ok for my meals, but also had a 215g box of Thorntons that my Dad bought me at the end of last year - 1,200 calories of deliciousness, lol. But I got straight back to it yesterday - that's the lesson I think I've learned this time round, finally; you don't have to derail all your efforts just because you have one "naughty" day! :) xx

I've reached my 7lbs goal for Jan midweek, so I was err more relaxed with my eating this weekend, nothing outrageous just a few hundred higher than normal (twas the salmon & cream cheese bagel snacks) typical me lol ~ I'm hoping to lose a couple more before the end of the month so bagel extras over.
I know those thorntons were worth it yummy :)

Back