Back again, hoping third time's a charm

ChilliQueen

Silver Member

purpleorc

S: 20st11lb C: 16st11lb G: 11st8lb BMI: 35.7 Loss: 4st0lb(19.24%)
Great weight lose and congrats about getting into new stone bracket. Glad that your IBS on the whole has behaved itself. I understand what it is like living with this condition. I have sjogrens and got IBS as a result of this. I wondered how the change in my new eating habits would affect my IBS but I have been good overall generally. Nothing too bad to stop me following SW. Keep up your good work.

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
S: 356lb C: 314lb G: 140lb BMI: 55.6 Loss: 42lb(11.8%)
Well done on the loss Dee, that's fab - and thanks for the porrige mention, been meaning to have some lately!

DeeOne_UK

S: 22st7lb C: 16st9lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 36.5 Loss: 5st12lb(26.03%)
3lbs down this week after my second week on fast 800 that's 7lbs this past fortnight, I'm so use to it now i could continue you longer, but as it was just to stop my body adapting to the calorie levels and will go back to my alternate days for next 6 weeks. The loss levels will drop back to my usual 1lb a week, but I am happy with that.:)

DeeOne_UK

Well my worse nightmare happened, I have been in hospital the last 10 days with a scary lupus flare and am now on high dose steroids for the next 6 weeks. already up over 7lbs mostly due to fluid retention, anxiety and the massive appetite prednisone always gives me. So best i can do over the coming weeks is try to limit the damage to my weight loss journey. Im going to try and stay under 17 and a half stones by doing a 5:2 or 4:3 1400/800 and attempt to stay on in my 8 hour window but that has been impossible while in hospital as you have to take these meds with food at certain times a days. Now im home hopefully i can gain a little more control, but im just gonna concentrate on getting this flare under control.
On a more positive note, they have completely taken me off the hypertension meds.

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
S: 356lb C: 314lb G: 140lb BMI: 55.6 Loss: 42lb(11.8%)
Oh Dee you poor love, that sounds horrendous! Pleased you're home, I never sleep much in hospital, nothing like your own bed.

Maybe, once you're feeling a bit better, the fluid retention can be treated and you'll see the gain whoosh away?

Big hugs, all fingers crossed for a quick recovery x

ChilliQueen

Silver Member
Oh I'm sorry to hear this, I hope you feel better soon, try not to worry about the weight loss blip, it has to be a long term journey for us all.

Halley

S: 22st12lb C: 15st13lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 33.9 Loss: 6st13lb(30.31%)
O what a nightmare for you, I wouldn’t stress too much about food at the moment, I would focus on recovery and then get back down to the weight loss effort.

It’s amazing that you’re off your hypertension meds - what an achievement!

purpleorc

S: 20st11lb C: 16st11lb G: 11st8lb BMI: 35.7 Loss: 4st0lb(19.24%)
Sorry to hear you have been poorly. Concentrate on getting better that's the main thing. When you have recovered you can carry on with your weight loss journey. Congratulations on coming of your hypertension medication. A great achievement.. I hope you get better soon.

DeeOne_UK

Thank you all for your support, still taking it easy, i just fell back into my low carb woe when i got home and had control over my food choices I've been doing this so long now that it just feels normal, even the jump up in scales after eating the odd high carb meal or snack goes back down after a few days on low carb. I thought id be gaining like mad on the steroids, but in fact i've lost all the water weight i've put on in hospital and even a 1lb down. I'm wondering if low carb/ketosis being an appetite suppressant is a factor here, yes it will slow down losses but anything from maintain and even small losses im happy with. I think i'll just update at the start of each month for a while.

Last edited:

AliGal

Eating Like A Bear plus!
S: 22st10.6lb C: 21st1lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 47.6 Loss: 1st9.6lb(7.41%)
Good to know all is good, Dee, and that you've even shed a lb. Low carb is slower than vlcd, for sure - but makes me a lot happier, eating good food! l look forward to your next update.