magazine moan.....

green eyed monster

Gold Member
anybody else getting frustrated with the seemingly lack of interest in green and red recipes in the the magazine these days?

i dont get on with the extra easy plan, im an old school slimming worldonian and prefer to stick to the red and green days but there just seems to be no regard for these days in the 7 day recipes sections anymore.

grumble.

:mad:

To be fair they rotate the 7 day plan so one mag is EE and the next one does red/green
Although a lot of EE recipes can easily be adapted to be green friendly I do get a bit annoyed that they cant make more of an effort to include green recipes after all us vegetarians are paying members too lol

The bbcgoodfood magazine used to add notes to recipes saying how they could be changed if you didn't like particular ingredients or if you wanted to make a recipe meat free. I don't see why they couldn't do more of that in the SW magazine. I also frequently vent my rage on their facebook page because of their focus on EE for things like featured recipes, cookery books and competitions :(

its seems to be getting thinner with less substance.
:sigh:

Bearing in mind that EE has been the main plan now for over 4 years, I would say its catering for the masses.
Also, I believe the main purpose of the mag is to get potential members to join - the simpler the plan, the better.
EE is the only plan mentioned in the new member talk but if old school members want to follow green and red, they can.

I understand what the main aim of the mag is, but if you're a vegetarian/vegan you're more likely to do green days and in my new member talk that was all that was mentioned not EE and that was in January. I buy the mag and the recipes are good for my OH who is a meat eater but very little for me, I wouldn't buy it if it was just me doing it. Like someone further up the thread mentioned they should at least give suggestions on how to make it green/red friendly for people following those plans.

Did you tell your consultant you were veggie? We do only talk about EE, it's what we are told to do!!! A lot of veggies still do EE but green can be explained if you want it to be.

its seems to be getting thinner with less substance.
:sigh:

agreed! X

Seems to be a lot of adverts and not everyone can have bbq's just because its summer
yep, I don't even have a BBQ! Lol x

Bearing in mind that EE has been the main plan now for over 4 years, I would say its catering for the masses.
Also, I believe the main purpose of the mag is to get potential members to join - the simpler the plan, the better.
EE is the only plan mentioned in the new member talk but if old school members want to follow green and red, they can.

i do agree that most of us follow extra easy. It's the most flexible and more 'normal'. So of course they're going to do more extra easy recipes x

Did you tell your consultant you were veggie? We do only talk about EE, it's what we are told to do!!! A lot of veggies still do EE but green can be explained if you want it to be.
Yes I told her before I joined I phoned up and asked about it being veggie friendly before going to group. I have since gone vegan. I understand EE but for my diet requirements green suits me better as nearly all my meals are vegetables, beans or lentils

Just wondering why you're told to talk about ee even since the recent pack's came out with the green and red booklet?

Because it is SW main plan. We have to get through the talk in about 25 mins and no way could you explain all 3 in that time. I say that red and green are still available and it's personal choice but EE is now our main plan and we start all new members on it.
Red and green are talked about in group and offered as a change when folk get stuck in a rut.

There is a section for the green plan in the new magazine, from 77-80. Then all the recipes have the syn values at the bottom, and they are fairly easy to adapt to what plan you want to follow.

Because it is SW main plan. We have to get through the talk in about 25 mins and no way could you explain all 3 in that time. I say that red and green are still available and it's personal choice but EE is now our main plan and we start all new members on it.
Red and green are talked about in group and offered as a change when folk get stuck in a rut.

this makes no sense to me.
for years and years it was purely red/green days, so how can EE now suddenly be The Main Plan?

How can the red/green days be for when a member is ''stuck in a rut'' when it has worked as a daily solution since the beginning?

If that is the advice from SW on how to approach the question then it is disappointing indeed. Actually, no offence but i think if a consultant refused to take me through the green plan when I have identified myself as a vegetarian then I would not join the group :(

I always ask if anyone has done SW before, and are they diabetic or vegetarian, if no I tell them the green and Original plans are there, and I will be happy to go through them at a later date; if yes then I explain them.
My reason for that, is to not confuse anyone on their first night when there is already a lot to take in.
They are all part of the plan, and it is completely the members choice as to what one they want to follow. If I run out of time, I explain at the end of group, it only takes 10 mins. x

Okay, no consultant would refuse. If they did then that's not good at all. I just said the main focus is on EE and its the one explained in the new member talk.
It is not suddenly the main plan. EE has been around over 4 years now and as such was released in a book on its own in January

yes green and original have been around for years but things change. Macaroni cheese and corned beef used to be free, that's changed, healthy extra weights chane etc. things develop. EE is easy to explain and easy to follow.

Perhaps stuck in a rut was a bad choice of words, I meant offered as an alternative to those who needed a new focus, a change, someone who food optimises without thinking about it.
If folk have done it before I say it's their choice but EE is so easy and our main focus but the book is there no also mention they should check all earthy extras as they have changed.

i think im just confused as to why change the main focus when the red/green plans have worked for so many over so many years?

why not just have EE as an 'alternative'

please dont think im targetting you specifically jaylou, i know you are just doing your job x

Back