magazine moan.....

Because its so easy. That's the reason.
Things evolve - look how many times WW and RC have changed.

Its just so simple, family friendly, little weighing and measuring, great for eating out etc etc.

im old school too. I love green days but I don't have to think about EE. Out of my 90 members I have but a handful on green and original - EE just fits in well with life :)

mmm I joined and EE was explained so I did EE. After a couple of months I was really missing my cheese and only then did a group member mention the two HEX As on Green days so I read it up and now do 4 days green and 3 days EE a week. I think that with new members EE could be explained the first week and then Red and Green the next week that way newbies would be able to make informed choices on which plan would suit them best.

Because its so easy. That's the reason.
Things evolve - look how many times WW and RC have changed.

Its just so simple, family friendly, little weighing and measuring, great for eating out etc etc.

im old school too. I love green days but I don't have to think about EE. Out of my 90 members I have but a handful on green and original - EE just fits in well with life :)

I must admit, slimming world was never appealing to me before, when I thought of red and green days, it was extra easy plan that attracted me to it. Knowing I could mix meat and potatoes together freely made me think I could do it. And it did turn out to be easy and very flexible. So I can totally understand why slimming world promote extra easy more than the others

I must admit, slimming world was never appealing to me before, when I thought of red and green days, it was extra easy plan that attracted me to it. Knowing I could mix meat and potatoes together freely made me think I could do it. And it did turn out to be easy and very flexible. So I can totally understand why slimming world promote extra easy more than the others

I'm the same, I used to do ww and knew people who did red/green and to me it sounded more complicated than I could be bothered with. Extra easy can seem odd at first and I remember the first time I did it I stuck to free foods because I was afraid of anything else, so didn't stick it out, but now I've got my head round, I don't understand why I didn't do it years ago!

I'm disappointed in the magazine full stop, the recipes have been crap this issue

I guess SW can't appeal to everyone all the time....I happen to think there are some great recipes in there this month.

To be fair though, having done SW on and off for about 25 years(!!) I have seen many recipes rotated and presented slightly differently time and time again!!
I have many years worth of mags......sad but true!!

I guess SW can't appeal to everyone all the time....I happen to think there are some great recipes in there this month.

To be fair though, having done SW on and off for about 25 years(!!) I have seen many recipes rotated and presented slightly differently time and time again!!

Yeah sometimes I find that I fancy loads of recipes in the mag, this mag I've looked at them and just thought naaaa. I do notice that they churn out the same recipes over and over, almost on a cycle. When Im looking back for inspiration I notice it a lot.

For me, I find it better to go onto recipe websites, find stuff I like and see what I can do to alter it and make it as SW friendly as poss. I get the magazine delivered as a subscription and have had it for about 3 years - I wouldn't stop having it but sometimes am a bit disappointed but I spose they can't please everyone!

Loads of great points above!

I have been very disappointed with the past 2 mags. I used to get it even when I was on ww or calorie counting cos the recipes were fab. But the past 2 issues I found nothing interesting or suitable for family cooking. The bbq ideas are nice-ish, but I live in ireland, it rains most of the summer! And i dont own a bbq! The desserts just seemed to be a variation on fruit and yogurt, nothing exciting about that. Hoping next issue is better.

I'm the same, I used to do ww and knew people who did red/green and to me it sounded more complicated than I could be bothered with. Extra easy can seem odd at first and I remember the first time I did it I stuck to free foods because I was afraid of anything else, so didn't stick it out, but now I've got my head round, I don't understand why I didn't do it years ago!
Yeah exactly, red and green seemed scary!! And too much hassle. I have done green days and really like them whhich I didn't think I would x

But it doesn't even seem to have as many stories and stuff as it used to. My aunty has loads of mags from when she joined years ago they had just invented extra easy and they are much thicker, and seem more packed out with stories, recipes and information. They seem to have lost some oomph the last couple of issues
Loads of great points above!

I have been very disappointed with the past 2 mags. I used to get it even when I was on ww or calorie counting cos the recipes were fab. But the past 2 issues I found nothing interesting or suitable for family cooking. The bbq ideas are nice-ish, but I live in ireland, it rains most of the summer! And i dont own a bbq! The desserts just seemed to be a variation on fruit and yogurt, nothing exciting about that. Hoping next issue is better.

The last issue I made the mac n cheese and pulled pork and they have become regulars! But the current issue I don't see 1 thing I want to make unfortunately x

I think you should all read next months magazine though, i cant vouch for the number of red and green recipes, but there is going to be a very handsome looking 'Man of the Mag' this coming edition.

I think you should all read next months magazine though, i cant vouch for the number of red and green recipes, but there is going to be a very handsome looking 'Man of the Mag' this coming edition.
However much I moan, I always buy it anyway lol always a chance there might be a gem in there, like mac n cheese

I have just read your story! Wow, what a transformation. You look fantastic. Really inspiring :)

Don't tease us gazter, we can't get it yet! Is it 18th July it comes out? So we should be able to get it next week onwards at group

ooh and for my little moan at the beginning of this thread, I did find a recipe I want to try. The meat ball jambalaya! It looks tasty. That's in the last mag

Back