magazine moan.....

Well done gatzer! The inspirational stores are the best part of the mag.

Just ordered a yearly subscription and should be getting it soon. The last edition I bought was in December and thought it had some good recipes in so hope it hasn't reduced in quality.

Oh I'm so jealous of you all :( can't wait til Wednesday

this makes no sense to me.
for years and years it was purely red/green days, so how can EE now suddenly be The Main Plan?

How can the red/green days be for when a member is ''stuck in a rut'' when it has worked as a daily solution since the beginning?

Long story Kay, but I have been "stuck in a rut". The red & green days aremore restrictive then ee so sometimes people go on those to get a boost.
I myself now do 3 red days per week and 4 ee. May trouble a couple o greens soon.It has given me a push. 5lbs in 3 weeks which has not happened forever.
I first started on red & green then found ee really difficult. I have helped some members get there heads around red & green whn they want to try it cause thay find it so confusing. Has helped.

As for the magzines which I believed started this thread, they are not very green or red friendly. Anyway I find the recipies have far too many ingredients. The 7 day plan is always done around the recipies. Surely some of the days could have meals not around the recipies

Could go on all day, but will leave it at that. Ecsept to say red & green are Never mentoned in our group except by me.

I don't think I could do EE!!! I love having my healthy extras :) we have a veggie in group on EE but as a vegan my only option was Green and even then its quite tricky, mainly getting my hexa's in. I sometimes tweak it so if I don't have any choc oat milk in ill have some soya yogurt and not count the syns that day, a bit naughty I know but its pretty hard getting the calcium in me :)

Related question - when there is a recipe in a book/mag that has Syns listed for EE, green and red, how easy is it to convert to veggie? Say a recipe with chicken and I'm just gonna have veg instead, are thr only syn differences between EE and green thr meat? Or is anything else synned differently between green and EE.

Related question - when there is a recipe in a book/mag that has Syns listed for EE, green and red, how easy is it to convert to veggie? Say a recipe with chicken and I'm just gonna have veg instead, are thr only syn differences between EE and green thr meat? Or is anything else synned differently between green and EE.
The syn differences would only be the meat, yes. So easy to convert to green :)

I don't think I could do EE!!! I love having my healthy extras :) we have a veggie in group on EE but as a vegan my only option was Green and even then its quite tricky, mainly getting my hexa's in. I sometimes tweak it so if I don't have any choc oat milk in ill have some soya yogurt and not count the syns that day, a bit naughty I know but its pretty hard getting the calcium in me :)
I have the same problem so I cook a lot with milk just to get it in.

Good idea, although the only thing I cook with soy milk in is lasagne which is not very syn friendly done vegan ;)

i usually buy choc oat milk as I can drink that as it is unlike soy milk but its quite expensive and I have to drive to a big shop for it. I have tea black etc as just got used to life without any sort of milk...don't have cereal as its yuck either! Wish there was some vegan yogurt that was free/HEXA :)

The only real differenc is thr hex's all foos thats free on green is free on ee and all food thats free on red is free on ee. Then the syn values are usually the same as either red or green which ever ia lowest generally. X

Good idea, although the only thing I cook with soy milk in is lasagne which is not very syn friendly done vegan ;)

i usually buy choc oat milk as I can drink that as it is unlike soy milk but its quite expensive and I have to drive to a big shop for it. I have tea black etc as just got used to life without any sort of milk...don't have cereal as its yuck either! Wish there was some vegan yogurt that was free/HEXA :)
I make a vegan bread and butter pudding that uses HEA + HEB or soups. I don't like the soy milk or the nut ones I use either Oatly or Koko coconut milk, I love the chocolate versions of both :) As for yogurt it would be good not to have to syn it all the time.

I wish the recipes would list on the ingredients, where the syns are. Sometimes it's not so easy to figure it out!

When's the next magazine out please?

My c says it will be available tomorrow in group. I run the shop so guess I will be busy. And yes, I have only ever done red and green, dont find them at all confusing, and got to target nicely on them both:D

I make a vegan bread and butter pudding that uses HEA + HEB or soups. I don't like the soy milk or the nut ones I use either Oatly or Koko coconut milk, I love the chocolate versions of both :) As for yogurt it would be good not to have to syn it all the time.

Yeah thr only milk I can really stomach is chocolate milk. Bread and butter pudding really freaks me out (as does trifle, beans on toast, leaving bread in soup..) I have a really strange aversion to soggy bread, makes me feel really funny thinking about it: yuck!! Am sure its yummy but I couldn't ever cook it or eat it!! What soups do you make with milk in??

Leek and potato, mushroom, tomato, spicy butternut squash, carrot and coriander, you can put it in a lot of soups. I made a vegan mushroom stroganoff the other day using oat milk, I also have vegan protein shakes made with milk which works out as 1 syn and HEA

Back