'MAGIC PORRIDGE'

Hmmm!! Just made these this morning and could only stomach half a one!
Can someone tell me what the consistency is meant to be like in the middle as they tasted just like warm porridge!
I usually love sw recipes as well so it maybe me,
Thanks in advance
L xx

Laurab21 I eat mine cold & it's a bit like a Mullerice consistency. Never tried it warm. I put my oats into a tupperware with a lid & thoroughly mix the oats then pop it in fridge til the next morning.

I've heard about this, going to try this for tomorrow, will save so much time and sounds really yummy!

CEB said:
as an alternative, so you don't use a HEXB on a green day you can cook up some pudding rice with water and sweetner and mix with your muller - completely free.

I have tried both and both equally yummy :eek:)

Perfect For A Green Day Wot A Great Idea x

This sounds gross but you can also mix quinoa into yogurt, they sell it in Pod in London. At first I thought what is this crazy thing but it's actually quite nice, topped with strawberries! And quinoa is so good for you! :)

I haven't had this for ages, gonna get the stuff in my shopping so I can have it this week. I like the vanilla muller with choc sprinkles, with chopped strawberries, banana and grapes.

I'll defo be trying this out. Have been looking for a good reason to try porridge again and you've just given me one. Thanks lots.

Mine doesn't work.
The oats are still hard and not porridge like at all.
I now add a little boiling water and let that soak overnight then add the yogurt in the morning to loosen it up ( goes a bit like a flapjack. )

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

ColJack said:
Mine doesn't work.
The oats are still hard and not porridge like at all.
I now add a little boiling water and let that soak overnight then add the yogurt in the morning to loosen it up ( goes a bit like a flapjack. )

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Thanks for this tip, I always find mine don't soften!

Ha, I just read the original post and made this with 28g of porridge oats, I'll go down and add some more to it now as I was thinking that 28g was a little small!

I see there's also a bowl of fruit salad in the fridge, I'll be adding some of that to the concoction in the morning as well I think! Might also add the little bit of water to help soften the oats up. It wont be eaten for another 12 hours, but better safe than sorry! Everyone is saying how nice it is so I might as well try it!

Last edited:
Well, it was alright! Nothing special though, but I think that might be because I made it with a toffee yog. I have the vanilla one with chocolate bits so I might try it in the morning.

Also, I wasn't too fussed on the texture of it, when I was making the first one last night I tried a little bit shortly after the two were mixed and it was a bit more palatable, but then again I've never really been a porridge person! I thought this would convert me. I might have to go back to the Weetabix and SS milk in the mornings!

Back