Magic porridge

Slimfor2013

I'm returning to slimming world after going of plan, first way in tomorow so am going to be sticking to a very light day nothing to heavy as weigh in is in the eve. Anyway I usually will have Weatabix on days I dont have time to cook and go all out on the days I do get time lol but I'm getting sooo bored of the same old Weatabix and keep seeing everyone talk about magic porridge and it sounds yummy but here's the twist Im not a fan of regular porridge haha. Does anyone here love magic porridge but not really care for the original type? I'm thinking of giving it a go
Thanks
Abbie xoxo

Morning :)

I love magic porridge! Have it every day. I'm not a massive fan of normal porridge tbh. Magic porridge is thicker and creamier and has more flavour I think!

I make mine with HExB 35g of porridge oats and 150g FF natural yoghurt and a sprinkle of sweetener. I mix this together and leave it in the fridge overnight. By leaving it overnight the oats seem to soak up the yoghurt and it makes it think and creamy.

To get my 1/3 superfree and to add more flavour, I also defrost a handful of frozen summer berries overnight and mix those through it in the morning, before chopping a banana on top. Yum!

Xx

Morning :) thanks for replying. It does sound yummy, quick and easy I am going to give it a try. Iv see that people make it with muller lights Which sounds nice and I like the idea of the frozen berries. Do u put the berries in the night before aswell?

Abbie xxx

I also used to make it with muller lights (vanilla usually) which was easy as no measuring yoghurt, but I found it quite expensive compared to buying big tubs of yoghurt.

With the berries, I usually defrost them separately as I can then chop them a little smaller before I mix them. They don't release much water, just a little juice, when they defrost so I reckon you could bung them in with the porridge overnight to save time and it wouldn't make it watery or anything. Just habit I suppose!

Enjoying having frozen berries as they're so much cheaper than fresh and still taste yummy!

X

Never really thought of buying the frozen type but defiantly going to invest in some coz they can be added to so much. Excited to try this magic porridge now :) xx

Might be a silly question...but you eat this cold the next day? The porridge doesn't need cooking?

Yes cold - its lovely and the oats soak up the yoghurt so they're soft without cooking. I love mine with banana and apricot- goes really well!

I love magic porridge too, and I cannot for the life of me eat *normal* porridge ( which for a Scot is a poor admission ;) )Porridge made the normal way actually makes me gag, but give me my oats that have been in the fridge with a toffee muller overnight, then I will happily eat it :D I have mine with chopped strawbs, nectarine and either blueberries or raspberries :)

Yes a pancake version :) I saw it on another thread. U just add 2 eggs to the magic porridge mixture and I added a tea spoon of sweetener too. Just spray pan with fry light and wen hot spoon in the mixture to the size u require (should naturally make a circle) leave for the bottom to set then turn them and wait for the other side to set and they are cooked. YUMMY!

I tried magic porridge yesterday but didn't enjoy it too much, possibly because I used no fat natural yoghurt. BUT...I thought I'd give it another go and this time I added in some cinnamon, a teaspoon of sweetener overnight then a chopped apple when serving it up. This is much tastier and I think I'll try it with a muller light next week. I'm also desperate to try the magic pancakes but that's just going to have to wait until a free weekend sometime.

Yes a pancake version :) I saw it on another thread. U just add 2 eggs to the magic porridge mixture and I added a tea spoon of sweetener too. Just spray pan with fry light and wen hot spoon in the mixture to the size u require (should naturally make a circle) leave for the bottom to set then turn them and wait for the other side to set and they are cooked. YUMMY!

I made savoury ones with plain yoghurt, and a pinch of salt. Nice with cheese etc as little oatcakes

I love this too now, make mine with the fat free nat yog (bought the onken one) Is the low fat one free or is it just fat free that's free?

Going to try the pancakes next :) oooo bit of sweetener and lemon and will feel like real pancakes!!!

Back