Mainly red - a few odd green days!

Feeling really positive and good this week! Weight continues to come off steadily and people are now beginning to notice. Yesterday we had beef stroganoff for tea; 1/2 a pack Colmans stragnoff packet mix (3.5 syns), 170g of beef (2 x HEXB) and a heap of mushrooms and rice was lovely!!

Today planning roast beef, mangetout, cauliflower and carrots. I will also have 1/2 packet of colmans chedder cheese sauce (4syns) and a small bit of stuffing (3syns). Yum!! x

Hi and thanks!!!
weeks seem to be going quite well, people are beginning to notice the weight loss now which is spurring me on. I ended up working till 23:00 last night (started at 07:30). I was so proud of my self as I didn't raid the chocolate in the vending machines! Istead I raided my collegues drawer and ate all his apples, then found some supernoodles in the cupboard.

How are you going? Are you joining us in the 17s soon? x

Hi and thanks!!!
weeks seem to be going quite well, people are beginning to notice the weight loss now which is spurring me on. I ended up working till 23:00 last night (started at 07:30). I was so proud of my self as I didn't raid the chocolate in the vending machines! Istead I raided my collegues drawer and ate all his apples, then found some supernoodles in the cupboard.

How are you going? Are you joining us in the 17s soon? x

hope so, wi tomorrow night. Well done not giving in to the vending machine. Apples & supernoodles - not a combo I'm familiar with. ;)

Most annoyed - my OH forgot to take my tuna into work!! (well I guess I should take responsibililty for my own food!!) So today was a weird day:

breakfast:
1 x alpen light bar = 1/2 HEXB
1 x banana = 0
1 x apple = 0

lunch:
beetroot = 0
lettuce = 0
cucumber = 0
tomatoes = 0
2 x tbspoon Hellmans extra light mayonaise = 3

hhhyymmmppphhhh.... still annoyed no tuna!

dinner
3 x sainsburys reduced fat sausages = 7.5
tinned tomatoes = 0
mushrooms = 0
2 x poached eggs = 0

drinks:
diet energy drinks = 0
coffee made with milk from HEXA = 0
loads of pepsi max = 0

Last edited:
Most annoyed - my OH forgot to take my tuna into work!! (well I guess I should take responsibililty for my own food!!) So today was a weird day:

breakfast:
1 x alpen light bar = 1/2 HEXB
1 x banana = 0
1 x apple = 0

lunch:
beetroot = 0
lettuce = 0
cucumber = 0
tomatoes = 0
2 x tbspoon Hellmans extra light mayonaise = 3

hhhyymmmppphhhh.... still annoyed no tuna!

dinner
3 x sainsburys reduced fat sausages = 7.5
tinned tomatoes = 0
mushrooms = 0
2 x poached eggs = 0

drinks:
diet energy drinks = 0
coffee made with milk from HEXA = 0
loads of pepsi max = 0

shame you didn't have the tuna - sounds nice.

What you having today?

Having a green day today and so pleased that the canteen had baked beans and jacket potato - that works very well!!

Planning a beef stroganoff tonight, but that means I have to save my HEXBs for the beef - but I know it's worth it.... I love beef stroganoff! x

PS nice to see you in our thread today! x x

Ooh I love stroganoff :D

Recording this for my own benifit I guess, I might need to see this again one day.

I weighed in this morning and the scales showd a loss of 7lbs. I didn't believe it so I insisted on weighing in again at the end of class... the scales still showed a weight loss of 7lbs.
I was concerned this was too much - as a great believer that weight is more likely to stay off if you lose weight gently and less likely to suffer skin problems. I have freaked out at this amount, but have now calmed down a bit... The nurse at work explained to me that weight loss is not a perfect curve that drops away evenly. Some weeks 0.5 of a pound may come off - other weeks may just fall away. Its the overall journey that matters and take each week step by step. It doesn't matter if its a 0.5lb loss or a 7lb loss, I must remember to look at the bigger picture.

Back to more important stuff now... todays food!! mmm lets go for a green!

Breakfast
1 x wholemeal toast = HEXB
4 tsp x marmalade = 2
banana = 0

lunch
Jacket poato = 0
Baked beans = 0

Last edited:
Recording this for my own benifit I guess, I might need to see this again one day.

I weighed in this morning and the scales showd a loss of 7lbs. I didn't believe it so I insisted on weighing in again at the end of class... the scales still showed a weight loss of 7lbs.
I was concerned this was too much - as a great believer that weight is more likely to stay off if you lose weight gently and less likely to suffer skin problems. I have freaked out at this amount, but have now calmed down a bit... The nurse at work explained to me that weight loss is not a perfect curve that drops away evenly. Some weeks 0.5 of a pound may come off - other weeks may just fall away. Its the overall journey that matters and take each week step by step. It doesn't matter if its a 0.5lb loss or a 7lb loss, I must remember to look at the bigger picture.

Back to more important stuff now... todays food!! mmm lets go for a green!

Breakfast
1 x wholemeal toast = HEXB
4 tsp x marmalade = 2
banana = 0

lunch
Jacket poato = 0
Baked beans = 0

:D:D:D wow Vicki that's amazing. True about the journey. Did you do anything different this week?

I don't think I did anything different. Ive had quite a bust week at work (I normally sit in an office - but this week I've been out on site a lot more).
I plan my meals fairly carefully. My shopping arrives on a Tuesday, so I can get a weeks worth of meals out of it and this is pretty much what I did this week.

Good thing is when you order on-line you have a complete record of what I bought... if I struggle in the future, I just need to look up that list!!!!

Fairly good weekend. I have lost just over 3 stone and people are just beginning to notice, so feeling fairly good at the moment!

Trying to remember that although I had a good weight loss at WI last week - that I cant become complacent!

Today I ate out for lunch and fancied a green day so went for lasagne hoping it was fairly resonable in syns, opted for the salad with it and said no to the chips.

STRESS!! :eek:

I've run out of Colmans chedder cheese sauce and I'm having roast chicken tonight.

Maybe a little overboard with the 'stress' comment - but I'm only just beginning to realise that I'm completly addicted to splattering it all over my veg.

I'm just going to have to cope with a few spoonfulls of gravy!

Still cross with myself as I spent an age last night preparing a potato salad for myself today at work - only to realise I used OH's mayo not mine. Instead of being 1.5 syns per tablespoon it was 5.5 syns per tablespoons making the total 22 syns instead of 6....arrrggghhhhhh.:mad:

Making todays green food:

Breakfast
Alpen light bar
Apple
Banana

Lunch
Salad = 0
1/2 the evil potato salad = 11

Dinner

Having a treat today (although I use the term treat losely!). Had raspberries and apples at work and a salad, all syn free so I'm going to have a proper roast dinner, but I never have roast spuds - just not that keen on them...

Roast gammon (all fat removed) = 0
Carrots = 0
cauliflower = 0
Aunt Bessie yorkshire pud = 3 *based on calories*
2 x Aunt Bessie stuffing balls = 5 *based on calories*
1/2 a pack Colmans Chedder cheese sauce (milk from HEXA)= 4

total = 12

Last edited:
Working a long day again today, but more prepared this time -

breakfast
2 x Alpen light = HEXB
apple

lunch
Jacket potato
baked beans

dinner..yey..proper cottage pie!
85g extra lean minced beef = HEXB
90g extra lean minced beef = 6
mashed potato (milk and cheese from HEXAs)= 0
1 x beef oxo cubes = 1.5
2 x tablespoons gravy granules = 7

total = 14.5

Last edited:
Saturday, working 14 hours, trying an EE day:

breakfast
2 x alpen light bar = HEXB
1 x Banana
1 x apple

Lunch
minced streak (extra lean) = 0
Mashed potato = 0
milk = HEXA
carrots = 0
peas = 0
1 x oxo cube = 1.5
1 x tasblespoon gravy granules = 3.5

dinner
chinese takaway chicken chow mein = 7.5 (according to syn directory - I struggle to believe this!!)

snacks
3 x apples
1 x banana

total 12 syns

Last edited:
Not an organised day for me! In work with no food apart from 5 apples and an entire box of borbon biscuits (for office meetings), think I'd better start on the apples first..!

Update..... mate has brought in a WW hotpot and let me have it....bless him x x

Breakfast
2 x apples

lunch
Weight Watchers Beef Hotpot, Less Than 3% Fat, frozen 320g pack = 5
microwavable morrisons chiken tikka breast bites = syns unknown!!

dinner
Roast chicken and veg = 0
1/2 pack colmans chedder cheese sauce = 4

total 9 + whata the chicken tikka bites were

Last edited:
Back