Maintaining - how many points?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Doughnut, 25 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Doughnut

Doughnut Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I only have 6lbs left to lose (ticker is out of date) and I wonder how many points I need to maintain? I have a big appetite so can't just go back to the way I was before or I'll put on weight.

I'm 5ft6 and age 32 if that makes a difference! Target is 9st. I am allowed a measly 18pts a day to lose according to the calculator thing you do when you join to work out how many points you should have.

Thank you.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. little*red

little*red Don't worry, be happy :)

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(24.1%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating
    To maintain I think you add on 6 points to the points you were eating when trying to lose, so if you are on 18 points when you get to goal then you can up it to 24 to maintain.
    Remember you will need to adjust if you daily activity rate increases or decreases i.e if you are walking more/less throughout the day.

4. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

That's exactly right little*red - 24 points for maintenance plus whatever activity points you earn. Well done for being nearly at goal! x

5. lea8198

lea8198 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    84.82kg
    Current Weight:
    78.02kg
    Goal Weight:
    68.04kg
    Lost(%):
    6.8kg(8.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks for asking the question! I am 3lbs away from goal and I was starting to wonder too. Well done on getting this far. That is a great loss :)

6. Doughnut

Doughnut Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks everyone. Well done girls on your losses! Although I'm near goal I didn't have much to lose so it's not been too hard.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.