Maintenance shakes-advice needed!

NeesieB

Hi all

I lost 18 pounds on lipotrim TFR 100% before Christmas. I was so delighted with the weight loss despite not reaching my goal.

I now want to embark on the lipotrim maintenance program to lose the last 10 pounds required to reach my goal.

Can I please have your advice on the most effective way to lose weight from your experience? Should I do 2 shakes per day with one meal to get results??

All help gratefully received!!

Thanks, Neesie x

Hi Nessie, to be honest I never got the whole maintenance thing! My view was that to maintain a healthy eating regime you would eventually need to eat food (healthy foods). So after looking at the ingredients and costs of the maintenance products I decide to continue with the TFR shakes till goal, refed and then ate healthy.

I continued to lose half a stone just after refed and eating healthily. So personally I am not an advocate as, to me, it feels a bit more of a money spinner than logic!!

You have a maintenance product before you meals... and have 3 meals a day... they are low GI and fill you up before you eat!! : ) x

Lipolisa-I agree with you and wanted to go on TFR 100% to reach my goal but because I broke it for Christmas my pharmacist wouldn't allow me to go back on it. She said that I would have to wait 6 months. I was disappointed with this as this is the first diet that ever gave me the results I wanted. I have been calorie counting since Christmas and the weight has stayed off but I am not losing any weight despite also going to the gym.

Deezer-good to hear from you again, looking fab in your photo by the way!!! I read the blurb about the Maint shakes and you're right that I should have them before meals but there is nearly 200 cals in each shake so I thought I would try to use them as meal replacements instead with one proper meal everyday. Oh dear I just wish I could go back on TFR as I knew where I stood.

Neesie x

Lipolisa-I agree with you and wanted to go on TFR 100% to reach my goal but because I broke it for Christmas my pharmacist wouldn't allow me to go back on it. She said that I would have to wait 6 months. I was disappointed with this as this is the first diet that ever gave me the results I wanted. I have been calorie counting since Christmas and the weight has stayed off but I am not losing any weight despite also going to the gym.

Deezer-good to hear from you again, looking fab in your photo by the way!!! I read the blurb about the Maint shakes and you're right that I should have them before meals but there is nearly 200 cals in each shake so I thought I would try to use them as meal replacements instead with one proper meal everyday. Oh dear I just wish I could go back on TFR as I knew where I stood.

Neesie x
Try a different pharmacy!!! ; )

X

No can do Dee-only 1 participating pharmacy in my town :(

You have a maintenance product before you meals... and have 3 meals a day... they are low GI and fill you up before you eat!! : ) x

But surely Deezer, having been on LT 100% so no food, any solid food after this fills you up!! And if you are full up - why would you bother to eat anything more? Lisa

You have em before then they bring down the GI of your meal i think.... and then they fill you then you eat less 'real food' You'll be suprised how quickly you get used to eating again!!! Unfortunately!!! X

You have em before then they bring down the GI of your meal i think.... and then they fill you then you eat less 'real food' You'll be suprised how quickly you get used to eating again!!! Unfortunately!!! X

Well - we are supposed to eat aren't we!! I think it is all about reprogramming our thoughts about food, unfortunately many people who diet don't actually dig into the deeper issues of their relationships with food (where necessary). I've read quite a few people on here talk about comfort eating - without ever looking at why they do this and tackling the psychological reasoning behind it. Anyhow, am waffling a bit now. I did do some reading up on low GI foods, gained control of my portion sizes and was fine with it.

Am back two years later because I just let things slide. I've not put back on all the weight at all, but could see me heading that way. So am back to get quick results because then I am far more capable of being more active as well as the confidence boost - also I can't afford to buy 'another' wardrobe. So before my feet get fat and I have to buy shoes a whole size bigger am on the LT train.

Gosh that was a waffle wasn't it!!

Good for you hun!!! Healthy eating is a constant battle for me.... I don't think i'll ever not have to think about it!!! Or i will gain!!!

Still a couple more stones to go!!! But getting there!!! X

Back