1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Maintenance

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Gemma79, 12 December 2009 Social URL.

1. Gemma79

Gemma79 I will do this!

Hi all - just a quick question as can't seem to find the info I'm after.
    I am currently doing LL and have almost lost 4stone. I have been thinking about crossing to CD to finish the las 2 stone, mainly due to cost and the fact that for 4/14 weeks on LL we have not had a group session so I feel I am paying for something I am not benefiting from.

My one concern is maintenance, this is the time when I feel I will need the counseling the most, so how long is this process on CD? and do you get help with this, more than just a chat about how you have done that week?

Thanks in advance.
    Gemma

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. boardwitless

boardwitless Well-Known Member

I guess it all depends on your counsellor and you - I only feel I need a brief chat with mine but I know she's accessible if I did need longer with her. When looking for a counsellor in your area it may pay you to sound them out first as to how much support each one is able to give. I know that some of them are trained in aspects of behavioural therapy (outside of CD) but you may have to ask around to find a good match for you.

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Yes, it's variable. The plans take 8 to 12 weeks and CDCs are trained to advise about them, rather than dealing with the behavioural issues around food.

Some CDCs have training aside from Cambridge to help their clients. I spend a fair amount of time with my clients during this period if they want it...but then I spend a fair amount of time talking to them about maintenance from week 1 as I consider it the most important aspect of losing weight...or should I say after losing weight.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So, it's really worth phoning various CDCs and finding the best match :)