Maintenance

Gemma79

I will do this!
Hi all - just a quick question as can't seem to find the info I'm after.
I am currently doing LL and have almost lost 4stone. I have been thinking about crossing to CD to finish the las 2 stone, mainly due to cost and the fact that for 4/14 weeks on LL we have not had a group session so I feel I am paying for something I am not benefiting from.

My one concern is maintenance, this is the time when I feel I will need the counseling the most, so how long is this process on CD? and do you get help with this, more than just a chat about how you have done that week?

Thanks in advance.
Gemma

I guess it all depends on your counsellor and you - I only feel I need a brief chat with mine but I know she's accessible if I did need longer with her. When looking for a counsellor in your area it may pay you to sound them out first as to how much support each one is able to give. I know that some of them are trained in aspects of behavioural therapy (outside of CD) but you may have to ask around to find a good match for you.

Yes, it's variable. The plans take 8 to 12 weeks and CDCs are trained to advise about them, rather than dealing with the behavioural issues around food.

Some CDCs have training aside from Cambridge to help their clients. I spend a fair amount of time with my clients during this period if they want it...but then I spend a fair amount of time talking to them about maintenance from week 1 as I consider it the most important aspect of losing weight...or should I say after losing weight.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So, it's really worth phoning various CDCs and finding the best match :)

Back