Making shakes less lumpy?

stephanees

Hey guys

I'm on my 4th week of the diet now and having got fed up of cleaning my smoothie maker everytime I made a shake, I have invested in a shaker with a mixer ball.

I have just made my first shake with it but still found I had small lumps.

Does it make a difference if you add the powder to the water which I did or would you put the powder in first?

Or do I just need to shake more?!

Any tips on making them less lumpy would be great :)

My CDC told me always ad liquid 1st maybe try shaking a little harder or for longer. It's very rare I have lumps in my shakes with the shaker cup x

It probally could have done with being shaken a bit longer, it's just my arms are knackered from work last night and this morning and could not shake it anymore than what I did, I might get my b/f to do the next one and see if that makes a difference.

Luckilly I've planned a bar and a tetra for the rest of the day as I'm heading back off to work (or more like torture as its waitressing and being surrounded by food!) and I don't think I could be bothered with any more mixing!

The best shaker I have used is the one with a net type thing that stays on top of the Bottle. Sorry rubbish description. Lol.

eBay shaker, it's in there for £1.99. And shake hard. The only flavour I have trouble with is the cappuccino that ends up still lumpy.

Lol I don't blame you. Atleast you have planned ahead to avoid mixing. Get the bf to mix the nxt one lol that's what he's there for :) have a good evening x

I tried a few different shakers but found that they all made my shake lumpy and taste grainy!

I have brought myself a Ganari Genie now....its the best thing ever!!! I even take it to work with me! :)

I always use a hand blender to mix my shake up it works a treat :) and all u need to clean us the top part that twists off! Xx

I've never actually thought of using the hand blender, but then I never had any thing deep enough to use it without stuff splashing everywhere, I can now use it with the shaker tho if I feel like ice and at least the shaker doubles up as a cup so saving on the washing up! I was starting to feel guilty as my boyfriend keeps stopping me from helping with the washing up as its mostly his stuff, even tho I have my daily porridge bowl, cup and water glass :)

I've tried the shakers and find none of them are very good! I use my blender now - I got a Gordon Ramsey blender in tesco direct - wasn't expensive at all and it comes with not only the jug, but a couple of smaller containers which are perfect size for the shakes. Blends them brilliantly! No lumps or grainy textures

I use my Cambridge shaker for the shakes i want cold and a cheap hand blender from tesco for the hot shakes and my soups. I think the hand blender cost 6quid if that

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Back