making soup

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by ConfusedGirl, 13 December 2009 Social URL.

1. ConfusedGirl

ConfusedGirl Full Member

Hi. I really wanna make my own soup, cos its cold weather and i love soup!!

I'm going out tomorrow to buy a hand blender and lots of veg as im thinking veg and potato soup :D

Only problem is......im not quite sure where to start :(:eek:

I'm not very good at cooking lol and was just wondering if anyone could help me?

Please don't laugh at me lol :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mumoftwo

Mumoftwo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(25.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    For a quick and easy soup I buy a bag of ready prepared stew veggies, boil them up with a couple of oxo cubes. When they're cooked blitz it and voila!!

4. natasha1974

natasha1974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    :Di make lots of soups i normally fry of some onion in frylight as a base then chuck in the rest of the veges add a couple of oxo cubes, boiling water and some herbs then simmer tll veges soft then blend

5. suespain

suespain Loves living in the sun

Start Weight:
    16st10.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(13.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Tomato soup with carrots is great. Have done butternut squash soup and Cauliflower cheese soup - all lovely. Will be doing onion sometime this week.

6. ConfusedGirl

ConfusedGirl Full Member

Thanks for all your ideas :D

Mumoftwo that sounds so easy to make i think i'll give it a try that way and see how i get on, thanks :)

7. andilou

andilou Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've made leek and potato soup a few times - and I'm no cook!! I just chucked into a pan a chopped onion, 3 - 4 leeks, some potatoes, salt & pepper, nutmeg and oxo cubes in enough water to cover the veg, cook until potatoes soft, whizz up with a hand blender - and eat (and put in the fridge for the next few days!!). Yum yum :)

8. ConfusedGirl

ConfusedGirl Full Member

Sounds yummy :)

9. ConfusedGirl

ConfusedGirl Full Member

I made some soup, i bought some of those ready prepared veggies, boiled them up in water, added 1 chicken stock cube and 1 vegetable stock cube, then when it was done i blended it and had some for my tea and it was lovely! :) Only problem was that the carrots in it wouldn't blend so had this lovely smooth soup with chunks of carrot in hehe :)

10. natasha1974

natasha1974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    ive made some today sweet potatoe, carrots, onion with cumin and coriander made loads though will be living off it ths week

11. OzzieMoz

OzzieMoz Keep on Truckin'

Start Weight:
    86.7kg
    Current Weight:
    77.9kg
    Goal Weight:
    64.5kg
    Lost(%):
    8.8kg(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There used to be a recipe for courgette and cumin soup in the Green day recipe book that was absolutely yummy. It looked strangely like green sludge but it was delicious. I can't remember how to make it now and I don't have the recipe book, it's still in storage somewhere!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.