• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

making soup

Hi. I really wanna make my own soup, cos its cold weather and i love soup!!

I'm going out tomorrow to buy a hand blender and lots of veg as im thinking veg and potato soup :D

Only problem is......im not quite sure where to start :(:eek:

I'm not very good at cooking lol and was just wondering if anyone could help me?

Please don't laugh at me lol :eek:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 15st0lb C: 11st3lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 24.6 Loss: 3st11lb(25.24%)
For a quick and easy soup I buy a bag of ready prepared stew veggies, boil them up with a couple of oxo cubes. When they're cooked blitz it and voila!!

S: 20st1lb C: 16st7.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 37.4 Loss: 3st7.5lb(17.62%)
:Di make lots of soups i normally fry of some onion in frylight as a base then chuck in the rest of the veges add a couple of oxo cubes, boiling water and some herbs then simmer tll veges soft then blend

suespain

Loves living in the sun
S: 15st1lb C: 15st0lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 36 Loss: 0st1lb(0.47%)
Tomato soup with carrots is great. Have done butternut squash soup and Cauliflower cheese soup - all lovely. Will be doing onion sometime this week.

S: 13st7.0lb G: 10st0lb
I've made leek and potato soup a few times - and I'm no cook!! I just chucked into a pan a chopped onion, 3 - 4 leeks, some potatoes, salt & pepper, nutmeg and oxo cubes in enough water to cover the veg, cook until potatoes soft, whizz up with a hand blender - and eat (and put in the fridge for the next few days!!). Yum yum :)

I've made leek and potato soup a few times - and I'm no cook!! I just chucked into a pan a chopped onion, 3 - 4 leeks, some potatoes, salt & pepper, nutmeg and oxo cubes in enough water to cover the veg, cook until potatoes soft, whizz up with a hand blender - and eat (and put in the fridge for the next few days!!). Yum yum :)

Sounds yummy :)

I made some soup, i bought some of those ready prepared veggies, boiled them up in water, added 1 chicken stock cube and 1 vegetable stock cube, then when it was done i blended it and had some for my tea and it was lovely! :) Only problem was that the carrots in it wouldn't blend so had this lovely smooth soup with chunks of carrot in hehe :)

S: 20st1lb C: 16st7.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 37.4 Loss: 3st7.5lb(17.62%)
ive made some today sweet potatoe, carrots, onion with cumin and coriander made loads though will be living off it ths week

OzzieMoz

Keep on Truckin'
S: 86.7kg C: 77.9kg G: 64.5kg BMI: 27.7 Loss: 8.8kg(10.15%)
There used to be a recipe for courgette and cumin soup in the Green day recipe book that was absolutely yummy. It looked strangely like green sludge but it was delicious. I can't remember how to make it now and I don't have the recipe book, it's still in storage somewhere!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Slim And Save 3
Exante 5
Slimming World Off Topic 10
Exante 13
Slimming World Recipes 5