Making Soups in Advance - Please help

Papillon

Am I able to make a soup in the morning and keep it in a flask till lunch?

Im sure I read somewhere that they need to be eaten within 20 mins of making but now I cant find it.

Shakes and soups need to be eaten within 15-20mins or you will lose the nutrients.

Good luck, the first 3-4 days are the hardest, once you get past these you are in ketosis and should be less hungry.
Try to get as much as 2-3L of water down a day to prevent headaches.

I find keeping a diary here a good way to keep me on track, there are so many peeps who are here to answer any queries and support you along your journey.

Papillon said:
Am I able to make a soup in the morning and keep it in a flask till lunch?

Im sure I read somewhere that they need to be eaten within 20 mins of making but now I cant find it.

Hi the shakes go weird if stored but the soups are fine. I take mine to work in a flask every day, and it's fine. The vitamin loss is minimal and the weight loss phenomenal.

I make it about seven and drink it about one pm - so no problem.

GSQ

I sent that question to exante and they said it was ok but just to give it a good shake first before you drink it.

Shakes and soups need to be eaten within 15-20mins or you will lose the nutrients.

I take it all back, sorry for giving unsubstantiated information.

I sent that question to exante and they said it was ok but just to give it a good shake first before you drink it.

I did'nt know that.. thought it was the same princples as Cambridge diet.. mmmm i always rush and drink mine within 15 minutes.. and still will lol

I did'nt know that.. thought it was the same princples as Cambridge diet.. mmmm i always rush and drink mine within 15 minutes.. and still will lol

I must have confused info with the time I was doing CD too. I would rather have them 'fresh' and drink mine straight away too. xx

Thank you, think I will try it tomorrow as I dont really have anywhere to make soup up tomorrow, no access to kettle xxx

Day 1 done and dusted.

I had banana shake for breakfast, which was ok but I expected it to taste a bit better if im honest; I may add sweetner tomorrow, is that ok to do?
Lunch was tomato soup which I thought was ok better than the banana shake but I may add a bit of chilli powder tomorrow.
Tea was mushroom, I added parsley and black pepper and it was really tasty the best so far.
Just started to feel a bit hungry earlier so had a 500ml of exante flavoured water orange and then 500ml of flavoured water blackcurrant. Feeling better now, going to have a cuppa then off to bed to read.

Ive drunk 3.75 litres of liquid in the form of water, coke zero, flavoured water (as mentioned above), black decaf coffee and pepermint tea.

Feeling positive for tomorrow.

Great day hun, well done :)

You can add sweetener to shakes, only the tabs tho. Melt one in a little hot water then add the cold. Adding chilli flakes, pepper etc makes the soups much more tolerable :D

I would take boiled water in my flask and mix the soup fresh. But it's up to you.
Good luck for tomorrow. xx

nursetubs said:

You can add sweetener to shakes, only the tabs tho. Melt one in a little hot water then add the cold. Adding chilli flakes, pepper etc makes the soups much more tolerable :D

I would take boiled water in my flask and mix the soup fresh. But it's up to you.

I find I am used to the soup in a flask. Always too busy to make it up in work, then there is the take whisk issue, a container to mix it in, space to do it, questions to answer, interrogation to deal with ...... I lost the plot, went for the flask of soup, dodged the questions, lost the weight felt great.

I suppose more than anything is find what works for you - if it doesn't work you will not stick to it and lose weight. If you find your way and stick to it magic, a slimmer you.

GSQ

I use granulated sweetner which appears to be much the same as the tabs and doesn't need dissolving. Just mix it in with the shake and the water at the same time and Bob's yer Uncle :)
(mind you i hve my shakes hot so the hot water dissolves the sweetner t the time. Not sure how it would be if you were having a cold shake)

Thanks for all your advise. Im going to play around with sweetner and flasks and see what works for me.

Im having difficulty mixing the soups and shakes, no matter how much i wisk i always end up eating big lumps. I tried making a paste then adding water slowly but it was still lumpy. Any suggestions please :)

I've got one of the hand stick blenders (got in asda and it was less than a fiver and it's really strong.)

Just measure my water into a plastic measuring jug and pop in the contents of the sachet and add some sweetner (if it's a shake) and then blitz it with the blender in there and then pour it into a sort of sports bottle thing i have to frink out of.
Only takes less than 10 seconds. Have only encountered a lump a couple of times in 7 weeks.

Hopefully you'll find something that works for you equally well x

Thanks for your reply leslabelle, I wisked with my hand blender this morning and it was perfect and I also had the banana shake warm and it was so much nicer than cold so warm all the way for me with banana shakes! Probably will just have to lump it and like it (pun intented!) for lunch as I dont have access to a hand blender when at work.

I had a sneaky weigh this morning and I had lost 4.5lbs, I know I shouldnt have weighed myself but I just needed proof it was working.

Felt a bit hungry today compared to other days but I havent been at work to keepo me busy so have been thinking about food quite a bit whilst at home, back at work tomorrow so hopefully all should be well again.

Glad you enjoyed it that way papillon. It makes it so much easier to get it down when it's smooth.

Try to down some water when you get a hunger pang and it usually passes fairly quickly.

I have a shake for brekkie and dinner and take my bar for lunch so i can eat it whenever i want and have found it works well that way.

Back