Malaria tablets

Meli

Gold Member
I'm off to Asia in a few weeks time and the nurse said I should take Malaria tablets. Just wondering if this will have any affect on my weight loss. I never took the malaria tablets before, but from what I've heard they make you sick sometimes, so not looking forward to taking them. Anyone else have any experiences from taking them?

Malaria is very serious over here.
Which ones have they suggested??
there is Larium, malarone and doxycycline that i know off

I've taken malaria tablets in the past & would definately take them if you need to. Just think how poorly you will be if you get malaria, apparently it has effects for many years.

We went to India in 2008 & were told to take malaria tablets, but I found a website which showed me the malaria hotspot for the area/time of year we were going. It turns out we were not going to be in a malaria hot spot so didn't take them. So it may be worth checking if you definately need to take them or is it just a suggestion.

Ive taken Malaria tablets, and been fine, i think a lot of it is pschological (sp!) but better to take them that get malaria!!!!

I got mine from Boots, and you need to take them before, during and after your holiday!!! mine were a purple and white box....

I dont think they will affect weight losses,,,,,only if you get a side effect that is 'flushing you out' so to speak (eww!)

xxx

I have taken malaria tablets when I lived in a malaria hot spot in Zimbabwe. I did get careless and forgot for a few weeks and had malaria. I have never felt so ill. It just is not worth the risk. I don't think they effect the weight but either way, if you are going to a malaria hot spot, find out the appropriate tablets for the type of malaria prevalent there. It really is not worth the risk!

I've been looking for the paper with the weights of my kids and the dosage they need and can't find it. When I do I'll let you know the name of the medication. I'm off to Pakistan so it definately is a Malaria hotspot, so won't take the risk this time. Just hope that I won't feel too sick with it! Thanks for all your input.

Back