Mamma Caz - snuck back and in gear again.....`

Nice to see you back and glad you enjoyed your break despite the bad weather.

Sounds like you did okay if your clothes are still loose.

Good luck with getting back to SSing and your weigh in day on Thursday!

Love Mini xxx

Aw Thanks guys, its good to be back - off to see Riverdance tonight, can't wait. Am all excited.

Jane you are doing really well on the weight loss AMAZING!! I take it you are going to become a CDC good on you.

Jan will defo see you thursday usual time okay!!

Take care one and all - am getting back to the work LOAD!!!!

Thanks Kaz, yes aspiring CDC here.
How did you get on at M_D's last night?
Hope you ae back to the Full SS now.

Kaz..Hello, knock knock......ANYONE THERE?

Oh dear, hope all is OK here.

Hiya Jane

Caz if fine, saw her last night when she came for a WI, I think she's rather busy at work and struggling to get on here, and she doesn't tend to get on much from home.

I'm sure she'll tell you all about it soon, but she's back on track and doing good.

x

Thankyou for that Jan.
I'm rather fond of M-K & wouldn't want her to be struggling alone. Though she wouldn't be would she, as you're her pal & CDC ? silly me!

Thankyou for that Jan.
I'm rather fond of M-K & wouldn't want her to be struggling alone. Though she wouldn't be would she, as you're her pal & CDC ? silly me!

You & me both Jane, she'll be chuffed to bits over your concern
x

Hi Guys I'm ba...............................ck! (as immortally said by Randy Quaid in Independence Day)

Yes you will all be pleased to know I am back and at last I have found my focus (well at least some of it). Thanks to MD's advice about going on Fallen Angels it was very group therapy and made me look hard and fast at what I was doing.

I put on 7lbs over my weeks break not majorly depressing but couldn't get back in the swing then last week when I went for my WI I had stayed the same and not put on except quarter of a pound and to me thats a good piddle.

So that boosted me and then this week I had lost 4lbs which I was more than please with, seeing as I am starting my baking for the summer fete and of course I have to try things, like the cookie dough and the treacle toffee and the of course the fudge, but instread of sitting there and bindging like I had a few weeks ago, I just sampled it and I am pleased that I am now back in control.

Went to a funeral yesterday for one of my husbands cousins, she was only 45 and they still don't know why she died, she wasn't overweight or ill, but they have likened it to SIDS in babies. But I was fine until they read out letters from her children and one of them is the same age as my Hannah and of course I was in bits. It has reinforced my vow to loose weight, I don't want my kids to feel like this young man did, all because I couldn't stop eating and being self destructive.

For god sake I gave up smoking 2 years ago and if I can do that and lose 4stone then there is no reason for me not to be able to shift the last 2.5 stone.

So I will be coming on here and boring the pants off anyone willing to read/listen to me on my continued journey to lose weight.

I have an added incentive, a wedding in September for one of my old students, I used to teach her when she was six and now she is getting married (god I feel old) so I will be good to be able to walk into a shop and buy something really nice.

More news I have seen the consultant about my hernia and they are going to be doing it as a day case, I will not get my tummy tuck but with all the MRSA that is around I am kind of relieved, so it will be a quick in and out jobby. Phew!! I will then have a proper waist again yeah!

Jane thanks for all your support, I have been thinking about you this week with the floods etc., I hope it hasn't been to bad for you. I see the BBC reporter wrote his car off in Tenbury as it got caught in the flood (stupid pillock fancy parking it where it would be caught)!.

and WOW look at your weight loss, amazing I bet no-one recognises you now.

Will pop in again shortly - hugs to one and all.

Lovely to see you back on diary thread hun :)

Yes you will all be pleased to know I am back and at last I have found my focus (well at least some of it). Thanks to MD's advice about going on Fallen Angels it was very group therapy and made me look hard and fast at what I was doing.
Nice to see you back.
I put on 7lbs over my weeks break not majorly depressing but couldn't get back in the swing then last week when I went for my WI I had stayed the same and not put on except quarter of a pound and to me thats a good piddle.
sounds like a minor victory! didn't lose control.

So that boosted me and then this week I had lost 4lbs which I was more than please with, seeing as I am starting my baking for the summer fete and of course I have to try things, like the cookie dough and the treacle toffee and the of course the fudge, but instread of sitting there and bindging like I had a few weeks ago, I just sampled it and I am pleased that I am now back in control.
So, if ymsims are correct you're only 3lbs up on 2 weeks ago. Well that won't take long to reverse.
Went to a funeral yesterday for one of my husbands cousins, she was only 45 and they still don't know why she died, she wasn't overweight or ill, but they have likened it to SIDS in babies. But I was fine until they read out letters from her children and one of them is the same age as my Hannah and of course I was in bits. It has reinforced my vow to loose weight, I don't want my kids to feel like this young man did, all because I couldn't stop eating and being self destructive.
Scarey. Really concentrates the mind.
For god sake I gave up smoking 2 years ago and if I can do that and lose 4stone then there is no reason for me not to be able to shift the last 2.5 stone.
Is the last 2 1/2 stone being more difficult because you know that you no longer look 'abnormal'?

So I will be coming on here and boring the pants off anyone willing to read/listen to me on my continued journey to lose weight.
More news I have seen the consultant about my hernia and they are going to be doing it as a day case, I will not get my tummy tuck but with all the MRSA that is around I am kind of relieved, so it will be a quick in and out jobby. Phew!! I will then have a proper waist again yeah!
Oh that's good news.
Have you got a date yet?
Jane thanks for all your support, I have been thinking about you this week with the floods etc., I hope it hasn't been to bad for you. I see the BBC reporter wrote his car off in Tenbury as it got caught in the flood (stupid pillock fancy parking it where it would be caught)!.
Ha!I missed that one. What a twit. Fancy parking in the path of rising waters. Having siad that, the Teme did rise further & faster than anyone expected.
We're OK thanks, not too close to either river, but plenty of friends are worried.
and WOW look at your weight loss, amazing I bet no-one recognises you now.

Will pop in again shortly - hugs to one and all.
Thanks for that. Yes, it has got to the 'didn't recognise you' stage now.
Mustn't let that de-focus me,as I've still a good way to go!

Good morning folks,

Had a crap weekend, got a rocket on Friday from the boss for taking the day off for a funeral that was not direct family, so that depressed me obviously more than I thought it would. Have dealt with Sh*t before but not for the last 3 and half years came as a bit of a shock, as I try not to take unexpected time off.

TTOM decided to descend yesterday 5lbs on as a result as I only have this approx 3-4 times a year (my age) but when it comes I feel like sh*t and a stuck pig would have nothing on me (sorry if that is a little to much info).

So am feeling majorly, majorly crappy and depressed, my stomach is really sore as one of my side effects is a rise in acid production. I am drinking loads to get rid.

Glad to hear that Jane you are okay, and you are so right about the lack of focus being down to not feeling abnormal anymore.

I can walk into shops like H & M etc., and go straight to a size 14/16 and know that it will fit, I know that to some of you that is still big, but when you have been a size 24/26 for 18 years it counts a lot, and the other thing linked to this is that I have never been anything smaller than a 14/16 since before I was 12 years old so to me how I look now is NORMAL.

Another thing that doesn't help is that everyone keeps saying that I don't need to lose anymore as I would look ill if I did and this includes the hubby.

I know, I know all the reasons that this statement doesn't run but it is difficult when you look in the mirror and see someone slimmer looking back.

Anyway I will keep persevering and hopefully I will crack it...

Take care all,
xxxxx

Last edited:
Hiya honey

Sorry you've had such a crap time, chin up, onwards and downwards my love - eating won't make you feel any better you know that.

Get back on plan and you'll soon shift those few pounds gained and keep looking forward and reminding yourself of all the reasons why you want to and need to continue on this difficult, but worthwhile journey.

Take care & have a good day

Jan
xxx

Nope, that deserves a great big shiny gold star :D
miscellaneous_166.gif

When people suggest to me that I don't need to lose any more I merely tell them that I'm still well into the overweight bracket in terms if my BMI. There's no arguing with that. I've also admitted to wanting to get well into the normal range so I will have a bit of lee-way when trying to do the fine tuning at the start of maintainance. This also gets nods of agreement.

under neath of course the whole mainteance thing is v v scarey,but every night I have a meal I tell myself I'm learning Low carb choices,portion control & all the rest. One thing I'm pretty sure of is that it'll be a long time before I feel able to give up Cambridge products altogether.

Anyway hope the water/tummy settles soon. Just think what a good weigh-in you'll have when it's all flushed out.
Also well doen for coping with the boss/funeral hassle. Keep your head down & it'll all be forgotten about soon.

Hi guys.,

Well I am back posting trying to sneak in under the wire (barbed as it is)!

Had a really crappy week last week, bad TOTM horrible tummy and only felt better when I ate, was good up to weigh in but still managed to put 5lbs on I have put that down to water retention, still experiencing TOTM and after WI I ate!

I know what you are saying, I have said it myself and to myself but I have got to admit that I feel really low...

So I am making a promise of no more promises or statements of 'I am going to do it this time because......'

I am going to try to do it this time...

I am not going to use any dates or other events as a reason to get back on track, I am not going to use any incentives or try and use some excuses for any, I am just going to try and do...

Ever since I got bored on 790 (I am restricted as to what I like to eat, I don't like fish) and only eat chicken and Cottage cheese as you can imagine after 8 weeks of just this on the menu, no matter how many ways I cooked it differently it still began to be droll. I have fannied around trying to SS, I can honestly say that I have only managed to do 5 yes 5 continuous days, I have done the odd 1 or 2 and as a result this is what is keeping the weight yo yooing up and down 7lbs.

So I have decided to go back onto the 790 without any promises or threats and just try and do it.

I will come on board and post and see what materialises, I am so fed up of feeling guilty, and depressed all because I can't get my head together, perhaps I am not in the right place at the moment, but I just want to get down to target so that I can start to concentrate and get my life back, where food and the fact that I shouldn't eat is ruling my life.

I know that when I maintain Food will still be significant but I don't want the guilt that goes with it.

signing off for now, take care one and all.

Hugs.
xxxxxxx

Bl**dy hormones!

Glad to see you back. if you've all but maintained the same isn't that a sort of victory?

Whatever you're able to stick with is good.
Bt your H is proud of you too!

Thanks Jane, I see you are continuing to do well, I am very envious that you have kept focused, you are my heroine! He He! I use you as an example to people who ask me about CD.

I haven't been able to get out for my walks either which has also peeed me off, coz I get to put the world to rights when I am out, the lanes around us haven't been bad but the b**ody weather, I just go to walk through the door and the heavens open. Also we have our village fete on Saturday and I am doing the cake stall so, am cooking like crazy - one good thing to come out of it will be that I have a fantastic new cake tin, that I can cook 6 1lb loaves in or 9 4" x 4" cakes or one big 12" sq but it is great - I appreciate that this doesn't sound like a sensible option for someone doing CD but I promised and I cannot let them down.

What doesn't help is my cooker is about knackered, I am waiting for them to come and fix it, the thermostat is gone and one of the elements has blown so if any of the cakes turn out okay it has been more by luck than the fact that my cooker works.

Another thing that I have decided to do, instead of paying for extended warranty on my household items, I am going to put the money I usually pay per annum aside and use it to buy new models when these break, I worked it out that the money I have paid for my cooker would have bought me a new one with whistles and bells instead of having to put up with this crappy one. So another major learning curve!!!

Will pop in again soon.

If you keep trying hun, then you're not giving up and that's important. This diet is so hard to do when your head's not in the right place but if you keep on trying then your chances of getting back in the zone increase, and it's a darn sight better than giving up altogether and putting the weight back on.

You've come a long way Caz and have achieved fantastic results, don't lose sight of that, if you maintain for a while before the next set of losses, so be it, your health, your outlook and fitness have all improved and that's got to be a good thing.

Keep up the good work, keep at it & I'll see you on Thursday
xxx

Back