Mamma Caz - snuck back and in gear again.....`

I agree with the previous poster.

also Caz, you silly moo, you seem to have forgotten to notice how much weight you've actually lost so far. Almost 2/3 of your desired total.....& that is hardly to be sniffed at.

so pat on the back rather than humble pie & we'll be back on track before the cakes need turning in the one-sided oven.

ps hope you can get a really good new one soon.

Oh & remember smelling is allowed.It is calorie free.

Morning all.,

Did 790 no problem yesterday, may have tasted a peppermint cream but oh hum!

Feeling a lot more positive today, so hopefully I will not fall foul of the 4.30pm to 9pm munchies.

Cooking again tonight, hopefully my cooker will have been fixed, it is definitely getting sicker, one side is now a lot cooler than the other.

Never mind I will cope....

Take care and hugs.,
xxxx

Well doen onthe 790.
Course you'll cope with a one sided cooker, you'll make one sided cakes!

Well my cooker has supposed to have been fixed, it does now seem to work, but I need to put it on at least 2 hours before I need to use it so that the Thermo kicks in.

The Honey & Chocolate Lamingtons I cooked last night have turned out really well, don't know what they taste like, but will keep the tattier ones back for the mob at home.

Did 790 okay yesterday, I drank my shake before my meal when I got in yesterday and that defo kept the munchies at bay, in fact I wasn't worried about the food so much, so maybe this is the way to proceed, I will try it again tonight.

Have a Brandied Sultana Cake to bake tonight, Hannah is doing some brownies and then it is the cup cakes so that they can be iced tomorrow, and while this is going on in the oven I will make a third attempt at my Fudge, this time I will make sure it gets to the soft ball stage marked on my thermometer and not what the recipe says coz that don't work.

Anyway, am now off up to the cottage hospital for another xray, they found a problem on my spine when they last did it, I am sure its nothing much, but I have still got to get it looked at better.

Speak to you all later......

Hiya girls & boys,

Am waiting for my Malt Loaves to prove, and my Sultana Cake to finish cooking. When the Malt Loaves go in then I will be cooking my Fudge, another late night beckons but what the hell.

The fete is held every year and this is the first year that I have volunteered the person who used to do the cake stall has retired and I offered along with Hannah to do it. All proceeds are being split between the parish and towards the new village hall, so I really hope that there are other people who are going to donate to the cake stall, mind you my biggest fear is that all the cakes I have cooked will not sell, but we will see.

Good to see you on board Sonkie, and I notice Jane is on as well, WI went well tonight, lost 2lbs, and have done 790 no probs and it defo helps to mix my shake first, I feel fuller now.

Anyway am just going to check if my cake is cooking still.

amazing all your different cakes.
I only do 2 types: gooey & dry.

Hope the back problem turns out to be nothing.

amazing all your different cakes.
I only do 2 types: gooey & dry.

LOL

My cakes come from Tescos! :eek: I'm very envious of Caz's culinary skills

You haven't tasted them yet!!!!!

I have cooked and frozen a lot of stuff already, anyway this morning Hannah helped me get it all out of the freezers. The bakes cover the top of my large sideboard, a record cabinet and the top of a 3' x 5' foot stool. Hubby rang to speak about something else and I asked him if he had been in the front room and he went and he said "My God Fan - have you gone mad or something" and then asked if there was anything he could sample, I pointed him in the direction of the Lamingtons as some of them have bits broken off from when I was dipping them in the honey syrup to roll in coconut, (well it was midnight when I finished them off).

Well just the Sponges and cup cakes to bake tonight and then ice when cold, oh and the coconut frosting on the coconut cakes, then I am done Yeah!!!

Just don't know what to charge prices wise .... any ideas?

Take care...

Charge? yes PLENTY!

I thought the idea of runnng a cake stall was that you did the 'runnung' & others did the baking.

Seriously thouhg when ever we see cakestalls at fetes they have pretty serious price tags say 2.50 or 3.00 a cake. more for a biggie.

youdeserve a medal for all your hard work.

Back