Man On A Mission

Hello

Looked around this fourm and I cannot see one where men share there experience. So i started this one which will be updated every evening with what it happening to me whether its good or bad.....

After over 6 months of umming and arrrring whether to do a VLCD i decided to try out the CD, I have just got my first weeks worth of food / shakes (20 shakes and the rest as soups).

I am starting this tomorrow and this should be be full of highs and lows, this is my first ever diet and i am sure it will not be a walk in the park

I am starting over the weekend as I need to make sure that i know how to make the shakes and soups and its always harder when your at home. tempting food around the house

I am using this blog to share my experience

My first weigh in was today 16st 7lb, high 5'10

Fingers crossed, I am looking to get between 12-13 stones, not sure how long it will take but going to give it try

Living_a_dream

Starting - 16st 7lb, high 5'10

Hi and welcome!

Good Luck on your first few days. Once you get past the first 3 it will get a lot easier and the weight will fall off xx

The Diary of a mad man

Day 1 is now over, had a few shakes and a soup in the evening, not too bad, but a little hungry..

lets see how day 2 and 3 go..

qiuck question to anyone out there, are we allowed tea/coffee?

am on the sole source

:8855:

Yes you are, though not in abundance and they do advise caffiene free (though I ignore that bit), and you can have sweeteners in tablet form, not powder.
Well Done for getting through the first day x

Day 1 is now over, had a few shakes and a soup in the evening, not too bad, but a little hungry..

lets see how day 2 and 3 go..

qiuck question to anyone out there, are we allowed tea/coffee?

am on the sole source

:8855:

yes, as jess says - but no milk!

At work at the moment and it's all going well first few days (weekend) was really hard. But now my day 4 I don't feel hungry at all.

Can we take any mints? I got some "extra" mints from the shop but not sure if it's allowed. Can anyone advise?

Going in for my first wight in on Friday. I little scared that I might not of lost anything

Well first week lose was 7lb so not as much as I hoped for which is a shame. But I am not feeling hungry at all anymore I just have cravings for food when the family sit down to eat dinner.

I found out about the porridge what a life saver in the morning very filling and it taste ok. But I hope a have a better lose this week.

But apart from that am doing fine. How's your diet going?

You are allowed mints and gum, as long as they are sugar free, and there are loads out there! If you are worried about your minging ketosis breath you can also use breath spray. 7lbs really isnt that bad a loss, youve lost half a stone in a week!!! Next week you will be in the 15s!

Just keep going! x

Thanks for that.

Does anyone find it very hard over the weekends? It must be the worse days but roll on Friday for my next weigh in

Good luck to everyone starting. Te you now stick to it for the first few day and you will be fine after that.

pahaha Im 23 and at uni, every day feels like the weekend to me :/ such a constant struggle. I just try to keep my head in the game.

I can actually go out and not drink now, which I think is a massive accomplishment!

Hey nice to see another guy! Thankfully I usually work weekends now but when I did CD a few years back I did find weekends boring. But I loved waking up on a Sunday with no hangover and enjoying it. I often met friends for a coffee or walked along the sea front. Not exactly the most fun weekend but it got me through.

Drinking how much I miss that gave a session ticket to a football team on London and we normal go out znd a few drinks or too. But this time round it was a 7 pints of water which was really good

My little group of friend were a little shocked that am not drinking but need to stick to this plan and never go back to what I was.

Must be really hard being a student and doing this. Hope you have a busy time table

Same to you borntofly. Not many men on here and hence the title man on a mission.

Your lucky working at the weekend I guess work keeps the food off your mind (depending on what stage you are at)

Week 1 stage = being hungry
Week 2 stage = thinking about food and missing eating. Hahaha.

Im barely in and I have not a lot to do, Im sort of bouncing around my house going stir crazy and trying not to think about food, which pops into my head about every 5 seconds - sadly not an exaggeration...

oh and you men are lucky to be men, you lose quicker on CD than women!

Hey, wth regards to mints, I have smints and gum and have been fine. Iguess as long as its sugar free and has no citric acid it should be fine. Check for citric acid though as I bought some and some cheeky mint maker had snuck citric acid in! Ok that's enough of typing citric acid. Good luck x

living_the_Dream said:
Well first week lose was 7lb so not as much as I hoped for which is a shame. But I am not feeling hungry at all anymore I just have cravings for food when the family sit down to eat dinner.

I found out about the porridge what a life saver in the morning very filling and it taste ok. But I hope a have a better lose this week.

But apart from that am doing fine. How's your diet going?

Ive heard that not everyone has a massive first week loss but it averages itself out over the month. They say to expect 1st per month which is great, you're well on course.

Only day 3 for me, not doing too badly but like you find it hard when people around me are eating so I'm simply doing my best to avoid at the moment. Fingers crosses I'll reach the not hungry / full of energy soon :)

I didn't get on too well with the porridge but think that was because I didn't blend am going to try again tonight. I prefer to have porridge at bedtime as I struggle to sleep if I'm hungry so that gives me a sense of having been satisfied if that makes sense. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back