Man seeking man for food relationship!

yorkplumber

Hoping the title will entice a few guys on here to pop in and comment. Let me tell you who and what I am and see if anyone on this website is in a similar situation. I stand at 5ft 11 and weigh a staggering 14.5 stone. I am here to loose 2 stone or more and looking for a man currently doing slimming world that can offer a word of advice and a kick up the rear. I have been back on slimming world for 3 weeks and I have lost 2lb so I know I am doing something wrong. I understand that every meal should have a superfree food and plenty of fruit instead of chocolate is the key but what am i doing wrong?

If you guys can link me to your food diaries that would be great. Here is mine so far.

Sunday.

Dinner
A 3 egg omelette 2 rashers of lean bacon with onions roast peppers and 2 slices of wholemeal toast.

Tea.
slimming world roast potatoes, lamb, loads of carrots and green beans and mash made with creme fraiche, gravy.
A muller yogurt.

Monday.
Breakfast.
An apple and a banana

Dinner.
2 slices of bread with a slice of ham with lettuce and tomato

Tea.
Slimming world pasta bolognese with a muller yogurt.

Snack
Banana
A 7 mile hike = £1100 calories
Hexa is always milk as I like my coffee.

Tuesday.
Big banana for breakfast (12" long)

Dinner.
Half a tin of baked beans in tomato sauce
1 x fried egg using frylight
2 slices of wholemeal bread (hexb)
1 x kitkat cookies & cream (5 syns)
1 x Big banana

Tea.
Jacket potato with salad and roasted peppers with low fat coleslaw (2 syns)
Muller yogurt (free)

Wednesday.
Breakfast
2 x weetabix with muller yogurt and banana

Dinner.
Banana (was busy today)

Tea.
Slimming world meatball pasta (pg 33 slimming world magazine may/june 2013)
(6 syns)
Strawberry muller yogurt

Snack
Banana

Thursday.
Breakfast.
2 x weetabix (hexb)
2 tbps of fat free yogurt
1 x banana.

Dinner.
Jacket potato with tuna/mayo (4 syns)
and salad.

Planned tea for tonight
American burger (slimming world recipe) with salad (6 syns for wholemeal bread bun)
Weight watchers yogurt

Friday.
Skipped breakfast

Dinner
Red pepper and spring onion omelette made with 3 eggs and a gem lettuce
2 finger kit kat (5.5 syns)

Tea.
Homemade pitta pizza (6 syns)
Salad- gem lettuce, sweetcorn, yellow peppers, tomato
Strawberries with natural fat free yogurt and 1 shake of canderel sweetener.

Snack
Pear & an apple

Last edited:
That's a pretty good food diary, but crème fraiche has syns, swap for fat free fromage frais, quark or Total 0% greek yogurt.
Is your wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf if you are having 2 slices?
Also include some more superfree with your snacks, fruit with your muller light, berries, pineapple or grapes melon, you could eat a lot more if you're feeling hungry.

it looks really good! but tbh, it doesnt sound like a whole lot of food, and are you using all your syns? Loads of people here, myself included, can testify that not eating enough and not using your syns can stall or lower weight loss.

I'm a woman, but I currently weigh 17st 3lbs, here is what i ate yesterday, it was a very typical day.

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (hexb) with 1% fat milk (hexa), banana
Snack: apple with a tsp of peanut butter (1 syn)
Lunch: asparagus, mushrooms and sweetcorn, 2 scrambled eggs
Snack: Activia 0% fat vanilla yogurt
Dinner: Pineapple jalfrezi (from the SW little book of sauces, 1.5 syns) with rice and roast cauliflower
Snack: Boots shapers strawberry nougat bar (4 syns) and a flump (1.5 syns)

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments, I have bought the magazine this week to grab some more ideas etc so Im hoping for a loss this week. It just annoys me when I have been so good and not treated myself only to get on the blasted scales and see no improvement!!!

Hi,

From man to man, I wouldn't panic too much!

A few things come to mind:

1) Are you having lunch? If not, try to have lunch or a bigger breakfast.
2) The day of your hike you are almost in negative calories for the day. Your body won't like that. Eat and drink more! A pile of green veg on the plate (e.g., Tuesday) isn't essential but should help.
3) You look like you've done a lot of exercise. Don't worry, the weight loss might show the week after, it often does in our group.
4) Is your weigh-in early or late in the day? Do you eat much before weigh-in? That can affect things, but you'll have lost good amounts of fat, just keeping weight on in the form of water and digesting food!
5) Chill out and don't obsess. Big losses seem to come when the plan is all in your stride rather than fretted over.
6) You're a man. We're lucky - our calorific needs are pretty high so we can afford to chomp all those 15 syns and still lose weight. Don't deprive yourself, your body won't like it.
7) 14.5st isn't THAT much!! It's probably going to be my target and I'm only two inches taller!! BMI is finally being seen as flawed for taller people, especially men. 14.5st is just into the overweight section on the BMI chart for you, so may not see huge losses when you don't have that much to lose. My hunch is it is dangerous for us blokes to go too low into the 'healthy' section, but I'm no expert - see your Consultant (or GP who can do a body fat analysis) for a good target to aim for.
8) "...every meal should have a superfree food and plenty of fruit instead of chocolate is the key" SW doesn't actually say this :)

Hope that helps! Good luck! :)

Thanks for your comments, I have bought the magazine this week to grab some more ideas etc so Im hoping for a loss this week. It just annoys me when I have been so good and not treated myself only to get on the blasted scales and see no improvement!!!

I know how bloody frustrating that is!!! But treat yourself. This is a plan for life, and there is most definitely room for treats! What kind of things would you have eaten before you joined SW? Is chocolate your thing? We can help you with some low syn alternatives.

The magazine is fab! Loads of ideas in that. But alot of my cooking successes have been down to making my family favorites into SW meals. If you need some help I would be glad to help, or post on the recipe forums, some really inventive people in there!

Not really a massive chocolate eater but I have craved for some since "being good" and I read that I must use my syns so happy days. A 2 finger kitkat is enough to put the cravings at bay. Its had not to be obsessive over a diet as it takes over your life entirely but I know what you mean. Weigh ins are always first thing in the morning for me and I am a serial weigh-er. I will keep going till i get to target of 12 stone/12.5 and Im hoping that slimming world can take me there

Good luck keep at it :) oh and enjoy the kitkat yum :)

I found when I was doing slimming world years ago that ihad a massive boost to my weight loss by adding strawberries massive bowl of them with fromage frais and sweetener.

I think its a super speed food

Funnily enough that was my planned dessert for this evening. My daughter is doing this along side me and she has a sweeter tooth than me.

Well eat lots of them as snacks when your hungry and hopefully the weight will shift :) I love stawberries yummie

That's nice doing it together always good to support each other. Ive only got the support on here as my partner doesnt want me to lose any.

Good luck with SW. This site is amazingly inspirational - take a look at Pete's recipes for some ideas. My partner is trying to do SW with me and probably weighs similar to you. He's a driving instructor so doesn't get much exercise. He works about 12 hours a day and 7 on a Saturday so doesn't really feel like moving once he's in - obviously that doesn't help! He's OK at breakfast time and in the evenings but struggles with lunches because the HE bread allowance isn't filling enough, even when eaten with fruit for afters and anyway he has usually had cereal for breakfast because he's in a rush in the mornings. Also, he teaches in an area where he can't get home for lunch so it would have to be something he could take with him when he leaves home in the morning. Really struggling with filling ideas for him! Any suggestions would be great, thanks. x

Water is a good way to keep the hunger pangs at bay. Personally, I find that after the first week our minds convince us that we don't need as much food and therefore we feel less hungry as a result. I think we are too accustomed to eating when ever we feel like it that we eat out of schedule more than hunger. Tell him to have a week where he may feel hungry then in the 2nd week that feeling well subside and life gets easier.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins

I went through this last time I did SW. I would be 100% but not losing a thing. I found out that I was slight wheat intolerant so I had to cut out my B choice (Consultant and regional manager approved this) and I also found out I have an underactive thyroid. I found having around 7 syns is efficient enough for me to lose weight... Here's my diary :)

http://www.minimins.com/members-only-diaries/242024-diary-disheartened-slimmer.html

Welcome to Sw! My diary for a day goes like this:
Breakfast. beans on 2 toast (wholemeal), 1 egg, tomato, mushrooms, apple, drink of coffee (6 syn)
Dinner. Peanut curry, rice, side salad, pineapple, glass of Robinsons cordial (5.5 syn)
Supper. Salmon, couscous,side salad, the other half of the pineapple, glass of Robinsons cordial.(1 syn)
Fruit snacks during the day,1 Hi-fi bar (3 syn).........

For my recipes follow the link below, index on page 74.
Pete

Welcome to Sw! My diary for a day goes like this:
Breakfast. beans on 2 toast (wholemeal), 1 egg, tomato, mushrooms, apple, drink of coffee (6 syn)
Dinner. Peanut curry, rice, side salad, pineapple, glass of Robinsons cordial (5.5 syn)
Supper. Salmon, couscous,side salad, the other half of the pineapple, glass of Robinsons cordial.(1 syn)
Fruit snacks during the day,1 Hi-fi bar (3 syn).........

For my recipes follow the link below, index on page 74.
Pete

Just wondered why your Robinson cordial was 5.5 syns at lunch, and only 1 syn at tea time? :confused:

Back