Manda Doing Strict Keto After Pregnancy

Mandaxx25

Keto'ing for life
Hi everyone. I'm 26 weeks pregnant with my 6th baby and I've been eating as low carb as I can. I weigh a couple of pounds less than I did to begin with.
Struggling today I just needed sugar and ate two Muller corner yogurts ugh.

1 week in and I've lost about 3lb or so. For the last 4 days I've stuck at 14st 8lb and don't seem to be moving. I'm sure that will change in time. I'd love to see more of a loss before baby starts rapidly gaining though.
Night time is the worst. I wish I didn't have such cravings.

I keep forgetting I made this diary 😂 I'm doing fantastically well and almost two weeks completed. I feel great, this is really working this time. Something has truly clicked. Down 2lb this week, might be able to squeeze in another before weigh in. Let's see.

Still doing really well. Was down 2lb last week and hoping for the same result on Saturday. I wonder how long I'll carry on losing. Would be great to lose all the way until birth.

It's coming close to week 4 now I think. I'm still doing great. I don't feel any need to cheat and all my cravings are dying away. I havent had sugar in so long yet this is easy. I'm not obsessing like I used to always do. I feel like this is a whole new me.
I see my face so thin and my thighs getting smaller. My rings are so big i took them off. I'm loving keto me.

Woohoo today is my weigh in and I'm down another 2lbs. 28 weeks into pregnancy I'm delighted. I feel so much better and in less pain thanks to collagen peptides. I had a bit of a wobble as I had 2 chicken tenders from McDonald's the other night and the carbs in them made me feel hungry for a full day. Note to self, even that amount of carbs in one go are not worth it.

What can I say? Still going well. I've usually gained a stone at this point in pregnancy. I started at 14'12 or so, and I'm now 14'4. I'm amazed at how I've managed so far to lose 2lb a week when I should be putting on 1 or 2lb instead. Wonder how much longer that will go on for. It would be amazing if I could continue to lose but even if I maintain after a few more losses. Who knows. All I know is that this is easy now, I rarely crave any food and I'm full in no time. I basically only eat for baby because she needs me to, otherwise I'm not bothered really.

Still going strong. Had a few Cadbury Fingers during the week and just felt crap for ages after. Won't do that again. I think they even messed up my losses this week. Not worth it at all.

2lb+ this week. I'm not bothered I know what caused it. I'm 30 weeks pregnant so not exactly piling it on 😂
Not sure why no one ever comments on my diary. I see people comment on all the others. Oh well, it's more for me anyway.

Hi Manda,

Congratulations on your 6th pregnancy:classic_smile:

You seem to be doing very well.

I think everyone must be out shopping for bargains.:classic_big_grin:

Hi manda!! I’ll comment on your post as though I’m not pregnant ( no kids) I have lost 6 stone in the last 7 1/2 months doing lazy keto.
This must be so good for your baby , it will come out with a clear brain! Be interesting to see the difference in behaviours re sleep/ crying etc
You’re doing amazingly well - I bet you’ve had loads of idiots telling you not to cut out food groups whilst pregnant but what do they know !!
You are going to feel so great when the baby comes and you’re so much lighter than you were before. Don’t let xmas derail you xxx

Ps. I get hardly any comments these days either . This site seems to prioritise really old posts - I go to comment and realise it was from 2009!

Thank you! She's an absolute wriggler always on the go. Certainly has plenty of energy. Yes even health professionals talk absolute rubbish to me but it's ok, I deal with them no problem. Yeah not as busy on here as it used to be unfortunately, but I still like the set up.
Luckily Christmas food is largely keto minus the potatoes and a few other bits. Lots of Turkey, ham, sausages and bacon for me plus veg yum yum hehe.

Still here. Still the same weight. I knew there would come a point in third trimester when I'd stay the same. I imagine the pregnancy is gaining as much as I'm losing at this point so that's why. If my body is gaining a pound and I'm losing one then that would account for no movement.

Hi manda - keep your carbs low and fat high ( unless reflux!!) you’ll see the difference when the wriggler arrives xx

Hi, I’m an old member sadly returning, and pregnant too (with my seventh). I know low carb is healthier for me than the binging on junk I do otherwise, I eat so much healthier low carb. You’ve done really well! Hope as is well with you.

Thanks girls!! Yes it's much better for us, just very challenging in pregnancy because you can't fast. I could easily fast now and it would help with the hunger because I would hardly have any but no way would I do that of course. I'm beginning to think about how to plan my macros for breastfeeding.
Ugh acid reflux is a biiiiig issue for me. Not just in pregnancy but I'm to have surgery afterwards as I have hEDS and one of the things with it is dislocations which I have in abundance. My eosphagial sphincter is another one affected and it just won't stay closed so I have to get my stomach stitched around it.
I'll see if I can upload a photo of my progress below. It's a pic of me at 18 weeks in the blue top and now at 34 weeks in the black top. I weigh about 7lb less now than then.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181214-213515_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20181214-213515_Facebook.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 30
If you think about it, you actually weigh more than 7lb less as baby, waters, placenta aren’t actually you if that makes sense - I can see a big difference between the two pictures! Acid is dreadful, sounds like yours must be very bad...my heartburn is a lot better now I’m back low carb and I e managed to reduce my bp which I’m v happy about as it was getting high - was main reason I knew it was time to start trying again. When are you due?

Back