Manny...Ticking on by

Thanks Rach, need to take the good days with the bad at the moment.

It is easier when I don't have to make 2 different dinners and don't have the temptations, Pizza day (or saturday as everyone else calls it) will be a different matter.

I have also changed my goal weight. My life will be much less active this year than the last couple so feel my diet should be what controls my weight rather than exercise.

Sounding like you are right back on track there Manny - and good news on your wife joining you. As you say, far less likely to be led astray (at least foodwise anyhow :p)

I am really hungry today. All week I have been having WW meals for lunch (they were on offer) but today that doesn't look like it will hit the spot. I am not going down the 16point sandwich so I have went for tomato soup and then in about 40 mins I will have my beef hotpot. I blame it on having a early dinner last night which made me hungry at breakfast and hungry now

I am keeping well away from the sandwich.

Had my soup and then had my WW meal so 7 points (1/2 my sandwich) leaves me lots of points for dinner

trouble is unless you have a mound of salad or veggies the ww meals just don't fill you up, I now constantly have a zero point soup on the go for all peckish moments i find it helps, i also leave it chuncky with bits in as it feels more substancial somehow

I had been ok the rest of the week just today I have the munchies, maybe its because tomorrow is WI day and its trying to sabotage it

day before WI is always the worst i find.. though now i weigh in on a night time, my WI day is always quite hard too!

the batchelors low fat condensed soups are really nice - if you take them to work then if you pre mix it with the water in an airtight container you can then zap them at work - the chicken and mushroom ones are only 2 points a tin and really rich and filling - i love them :)

i also love the little quid veg bags that sainsburys do too - perfect portion of veg and you can stick them in the microwave with your ww meal at lunchtime to bulk out your meal :)

A couple of days late but here it is. Lost another 2lbs.

I have however taken a step back from my diet (not completly). I am pretty ill at the moment. I got diagnosed with chronic fatigue in October and I have been not great the last couple of weeks. This also falls in line with me getting back on the diet. So I have decided to basically try and stick to my maintain amount of points.

I am still sticking to it in some shape to help the wife along the way.

Last edited:
:wavey: Hi Manny

Sorry to hear you are not well at present - hope things start to improve for you soon

Very well done with the diet though - 'specially when you have so much other stress to cope with:D

Well back at work today. Feeling just the same as I have been feeling for the last couple of months, which is an improvment on how I was feeling last week. Had the Doc's on Friday and he explained how every ache/pain/symptom I had was linked to Chronic Fatigue and how to make things better.

Anyway, even though I was paying no attention to my diet I still managed to lose 1lb.

Almost forgot with my illness moaning. My oldest started Nursery on Thursday, he totally loves it. Also on Thursday was my youngest first birthday, so I lost 1lb and that included cake and pizza

well done on the couple of losses that I have missed, Manny

Can't believe your baby is already 1!!!! where did that year go???

Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit lousy - is there anything they can give you for that?

Thanks Rosie,

I does seem like a quick year, I remember posting away after he was born.

Nothing they can give you, the body will recover, eventually

well done on your 2lbs last week Manny :)

like Rosie said, cant believe the littl'un is 1 already - no wonder you have chronic fatigue with two little ones to run after - not an easy feat!

Hope your recovery is a speedy one cause its awful not feeling 100% :( *big hugs* xxx

Ah well failed my exam today. To be honest I am not surprised, being ill last week took away a good chunk of my study time and anything I did study I think just seived out my head.

Anyway re-sit next week.

Sorry 'bout the exam Manny - what are you studying for?

Back