Marathon Training

ive added another 10k! theres another 10k, 2 5k's and a 10 miler to enter as soon as I can. entry dosent open this early though

im not adding up the costs of the races, trains and hotels.
I stick to the blackpool races mainly, if I go through their website they give reward points. ive got loads saved up, enough for the 2015 marathon

as I do a lot of blackpool runs, I go through their site Fylde Coast Running
you need to register to start saving points but I have 2000 saved now :)

both Bolton and 40 miler were me being persuaded into. sam for the Bolton marathon, and ria for the 40.
was scared of Bolton one, considering the first 4 miles is one hill. the 40 is now worse

Well worst case scenario if you decided while running it that its a bit too tough and quit, at least you give them a go and got a feel for what they are like

quit?
what does that mean :p im stubborn, ill carry on even if im crying in pain.

quit?
what does that mean :p im stubborn, ill carry on even if im crying in pain.

I pretty much limped the final 5 miles of the Great North Run even though i was in agony because i just couldn't bare the thought of giving up. It was so hard but i made it. Just one of those races where everything went wrong on the day. I will return one day for revenge!

Ha! that reminds of the time i quit. I had to get a taxi home from a little run once. My calf pinged and I couldn't walk, let alone run. By God I tried. But it was not possible to even walk.

I pretty much limped the final 5 miles of the Great North Run even though i was in agony because i just couldn't bare the thought of giving up. It was so hard but i made it. Just one of those races where everything went wrong on the day. I will return one day for revenge!

first ever half marathon.... limped/hobbled the last 8 miles. I cant just do that one again as it was the preston guildrun, only comes once every 20 years. ill be 44 then!

Lol I know you would : D

Do you still do any classes Gina, or weightlifting?

I do more cardio than weights now, more HIIT classes.

really surprised by this too, but had 2 people as me to train on the guild wheel with them. no one ever asks me that.
I got told by a run group that im too slow and cant run with them, and I have a fast runner asking to run with me now! YESSSSS

really surprised by this too, but had 2 people as me to train on the guild wheel with them. no one ever asks me that.
I got told by a run group that im too slow and cant run with them, and I have a fast runner asking to run with me now! YESSSSS

Really surprised that a group told you you were too slow to run with them. Shame you don't have a local Sweatshop, doesn't matter how slow you are there's always someone to run with. I restarted their beginners course last Thursday. I did once contact my local running group to see if they did a beginners course and was told no we don't so them (thought that was a missed opportunity) but if i wanted i could go along and run with their juniors! I was nearly 30 and would just have felt too embarrassed.

It seems you truly have the running bug now, I have heard running can become addictive, I can't wait to find out once I've lost the weight.

definatly addicted, started with one half marathon and me saying never again, but now I want to do longer distances.

Really surprised that a group told you you were too slow to run with them. Shame you don't have a local Sweatshop, doesn't matter how slow you are there's always someone to run with. I restarted their beginners course last Thursday. I did once contact my local running group to see if they did a beginners course and was told no we don't so them (thought that was a missed opportunity) but if i wanted i could go along and run with their juniors! I was nearly 30 and would just have felt too embarrassed.

this group are "elite" apparently. weird- it said mixed abilities and pace before.... not fast sub 3hr marathon runners only.

running in a group has never been what im into. I started running on my own, and I am happy staying that way :)

I think it would probably be best to mix it up: run by yourself half the time and in a group the other half for a bit of craic sometimes and when on your own just get some beats on

well so far Kenny and sam have asked to run with me.
me and sam are running the Bolton hill marathon so were going to train on the hill too :)

Back